19. Shallowater- OFF
20. Llano - W 34-0 over Ballinger  
21. Pilot Point - W 53-30 over Peaster  
22. Mineola - W 20-6 over Winnsboro
23. Rockdale - L 49-40 to McGregor 
24. West - OFF
T25. Winnsboro - L 20-6 to Mineola 
T25. Crockett - W 48-19 over Huntington 

Others: Dallas Madison, Rains, Bushland, Industrial, Little River Academy, Maypearl, McGregor, Palacios
  • Like 1

Impressive Wins: Gladewater, Columbus, Llano, Mineola 

Bad Loss: Rockdale, Wall

Gladewater doubles up Tatum, both of which are highly ranked.  Columbus continues to impressive with a thorough win over 4A Smithville.  Llano with a shutout win over what appears to be a sold Ballinger team. Mineola with a quality win over what was a top 10 team in DCTF rankings. 

Not sure what is going on with Rockdale.  Last week's loss to Bellville was not concerning to me, but this one to McGregor is very alarming.  I'm giving the Tigers one more shot as they have a tremendous amount of talent on their roster.  

Wall has traditionally played Midland Christian very tough and beat them last year.  Time to drop them out of the top 10 for now.  

• Like 2

Rankings are an amusement. W-L records are all that really matter. 

That being said, if things play out Grandview vs Brock will be a top-tier game come December. 

Rockdale... Is their QB situation hurting them? Is it adjusting to the new system? I figured their D would be better, considering they had seven freshmen playing varsity two years ago. 

Thought Wall would be better than this this season too. Like I said - That's why they play the games. 

3 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

That being said, if things play out Grandview vs Brock will be a top-tier game come December. 

Rockdale... Is their QB situation hurting them? Is it adjusting to the new system? I figured their D would be better, considering they had seven freshmen playing varsity two years ago. 

Thought Wall would be better than this this season too. Like I said - That's why they play the games. 

There are no givens in Region 2. I think there are 4-5 teams capable of knocking off Grandview. 

6 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Win against weak team do not matter; however, wins against good team does. By the way football is an amusement.

20 minutes ago, VZCR said:

Win against weak team do not matter; however, wins against good team does. By the way football is an amusement.

😮 Did you just say that Texas high school football is an "amusement"??? How dare you blaspheme in this house! Heretic! To the soccer forum with you, before the words "participation trophy" fall out of your mouth! HERETIC!

🙃

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

There are no givens in Region 2. I think there are 4-5 teams capable of knocking off Grandview. 

Yeah, Zebras aren't as good as they were last two years. And this wacky season... But, again - Gotta play the games. They and Brock are both looking good so far. We'll see... 

43 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Yeah, Zebras aren't as good as they were last two years. And this wacky season... But, again - Gotta play the games. They and Brock are both looking good so far. We'll see... 

Absolutely no doubt they could run the table but I think it will be tougher this year than the last 2 years. Region 2 is a gauntlet. You can’t have a bad week in the playoffs and expect to survive in this region. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Absolutely no doubt they could run the table but I think it will be tougher this year than the last 2 years. Region 2 is a gauntlet. You can’t have a bad week in the playoffs and expect to survive in this region. 

I agree that region 2 will be a gauntlet but zebras had a tough road in 2018 in region 3 it was stacked. No to mention that the best team in region 2 that year didnt even stay with in 14 points of grandview. Time will tell

10 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree that region 2 will be a gauntlet but zebras had a tough road in 2018 in region 3 it was stacked. No to mention that the best team in region 2 that year didnt even stay with in 14 points of grandview. Time will tell

I agree but I don’t this years Zebras are as good as 2 years ago. I could be wrong though. That is the feeling I get from even the GV folks. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I agree but I don’t this years Zebras are as good as 2 years ago. I could be wrong though. That is the feeling I get from even the GV folks. 

GV offense isn't as stack as usual, they got some good receivers and of course #3. Their d-line is their biggest strength. It's probably the best line out the last 3 years they've had. They are still good and dangerous. 

As for the 18' game against GV. It was a one score game until late in the 4th I'd say 2 minutes left when we played them and we had a gauntlet of a schedule in the playoffs that year to get to the finals. 

Imo, if we'd played a better 1st half against GV this year. I think we may have won that game, still had a chance at the end of the game before overtime. 

Imo, right now the three teams that stick out to beat GW, GV, and koff in region 2. I don't know who to pick yet out of district 5, could be 2 more teams to add to that but right now that's it. 

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

You could be right I have not got to see grandview in person yet this year but planning on going to see them week 11 when we have a bye... But grandview was stacked last two years for sure

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

GV offense isn't as stack as usual, they got some good receivers and of course #3. Their d-line is their biggest strength. It's probably the best line out the last 3 years they've had. They are still good and dangerous. 

As for the 18' game against GV. It was a one score game until late in the 4th I'd say 2 minutes left when we played them and we had a gauntlet of a schedule in the playoffs that year to get to the finals. 

Imo, if we'd played a better 1st half against GV this year. I think we may have won that game, still had a chance at the end of the game before overtime. 

Imo, right now the three teams that stick out to beat GW, GV, and koff in region 2. I don't know who to pick yet out of district 5, could be 2 more teams to add to that but right now that's it. 

Yall played twice in 18 correct?? No doubt that yall had and have a great team but imo no doubt that region 3 was tougher in 18 but had grandview been in region 2 last year I would have said the same that region 2 would have been tougher. This year region 2 is really good and region 3 seems to be young all around but still 2nd best region.... Who ever wins region 2 will be battle tested and beat up for sure. As for region 3 look for the usual teams to be in the finals ect Yoe, Yoakum, Columbus.... Or even a surprise EC team who i think alot of people are sleeping on and who could play with a team like grandview imo

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

You were at the Tatum game right? How did they look in comparison to GW? 
Stats were almost even, sounds like Tatum just stalled in the red zone and GW hit them on big plays. 

Guest Tiger03lb

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Yall played twice in 18 correct?? No doubt that yall had and have a great team but imo no doubt that region 3 was tougher in 18 but had grandview been in region 2 last year I would have said the same that region 2 would have been tougher. This year region 2 is really good and region 3 seems to be young all around but still 2nd best region.... Who ever wins region 2 will be battle tested and beat up for sure. As for region 3 look for the usual teams to be in the finals ect Yoe, Yoakum, Columbus.... Or even a surprise EC team who i think alot of people are sleeping on and who could play with a team like grandview imo

EC been good for a few years. GV has been in their way. Lol. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

You were at the Tatum game right? How did they look in comparison to GW? 
Stats were almost even, sounds like Tatum just stalled in the red zone and GW hit them on big plays. 

Yes sir. GW is more of a complete team than Tatum. Tatum has some players that keep them in the game on offense and those players have some good speed. That's what helps them out. If you don't tackle good then they'll get away. They honestly remind me of Jeffy last year. 

Yes, the stats were close but GW had the game in hand the whole way. What set the tone was GW had an 7/8 minute drive in the 1st qtr and Tatum had no answer for Allen. 

Tatum d line did better than I thought they would. I think spread teams will give them some problems with passing and running the ball. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes sir. GW is more of a complete team than Tatum. Tatum has some players that keep them in the game on offense and those players have some good speed. That's what helps them out. If you don't tackle good then they'll get away. They honestly remind me of Jeffy last year. 

Yes, the stats were close but GW had the game in hand the whole way. What set the tone was GW had an 7/8 minute drive in the 1st qtr and Tatum had no answer for Allen. 

Tatum d line did better than I thought they would. I think spread teams will give them some problems with passing and running the ball. 

Don't forget gw did that to Tatum without carter and a starting offensive lineman. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:43 PM, coolbear99 said:

Don't forget gw did that to Tatum without carter and a starting offensive lineman. 

Our D1 WR pretty much played one series and was out the rest of the game and we also played after not stepping on a field for 2 weeks while yall played to stay crisp. We'll be in the mix when the time comes.