Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Carthage @ Pleasant Grove


Carthage @ Pleasant Grove  

88 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your pick to win this battle?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 12:00 AM

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage is young at the position, and I think Carthage has far more upside at receiver. Carthage receivers can go. If Argyle is better right now at receiver it’s not by much, but by the end of the season it won’t be close as the Carthage gets more experienced. Carthage has a sophomore #4 Montreal Hatten that is a complete stud. Plus #13 Braeden Wade who is a junior and Senior #10 Craig NcNew. Also have TE #11 Montrell Smith who is a senior. Have some other young guys that look good. This group has a chance to be special. It’s a deep group and young. 

Lol Carthage has talent, no doubt. Nobody's gonna question that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And then you woke up....

Playing PG, not Hendo...😜

Either of these teams any good this year? I've never heard of them.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage obviously has a lot of great players. Everybody around the state knows Kai, Mason, Tee and some other guys, but a name to know is LB #5 Kip Lewis. He played 4-5 games as a sophomore last year before getting hurt and missing the rest of the season. So he is probably not well known. I’m not sure he is not the best player on the team. Only a junior. He is already 6’2 200+ lbs. I think offers should start rolling in at some point. Very impressed with him. Has DPOY potential. 

No. 5 impressed me against the Buckeyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Texas High playing away this week? It’d be sweet if they were and this game could be played at the Grimm. Visitors side is just too small. Lots more fans could enjoy this tussle if it were at the Grimm. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone losing faith in PG because they took an L against an Argyle team who won convincingly against a very tough La Vega squad. I was impressed by Carthage last Friday, but again it was Gilmer, not PG. Carthage will most definitely see a better defense on Friday. I keep seeing PG is 1 dimensional etc.. The QB passed for 225 yards on Friday and 3 TDs against a solid Silsbee defense due to them selling out on the run. That all said, Carthage should win this game. They have a huge offensive line, a great QB, fast and physical defense, and playmakers all over the field. PG just doesn't have great speed at the WR position for the big play. If someone is wide open on Friday it will be because of a blown coverage. However, those kids can run good routes to move the ball effectively. Defensively that PG secondary is lacking. Their front seven is great, and there only hope of getting off that field is those guys winning up front. That said, Carthage has some DAWGS on the line who will compete every play. I see a repeat of last years game. Honestly, if I am PG, I just want to be competing into the 4th quarter. There is a REAL chance these two see each other again this year in Dallas. Its hard to beat a team twice, but harder if not impossible to beat Surratt twice in a season. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

PG got thumped by Argyle this wont be close because carthage is better than Argyle 

Carthage is probably better than Argyle - but PG will play a different game against them.  Unless PG makes mistakes - they will keep this game close.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage is young at the position, and I think Carthage has far more upside at receiver. Carthage receivers can go. If Argyle is better right now at receiver it’s not by much, but by the end of the season it won’t be close as the Carthage gets more experienced. Carthage has a sophomore #4 Montreal Hatten that is a complete stud. Plus #13 Braeden Wade who is a junior and Senior #10 Craig NcNew. Also have TE #11 Montrell Smith who is a senior. Have some other young guys that look good. This group has a chance to be special. It’s a deep group and young. 

The talent Carthage gets is better than most. Winners breed winners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

More likely a blowout than closer game. 

Playing PG, not Hendo...😜

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Is Texas High playing away this week? It’d be sweet if they were and this game could be played at the Grimm. Visitors side is just too small. Lots more fans could enjoy this tussle if it were at the Grimm. 

Visitor side is way too small, they are only selling 400 tickets for the visitors side. Covid needs to go away! I guess that means that I have twice as much noise, to make up for the smaller crowd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unbiased1 said:

Everyone losing faith in PG because they took an L against an Argyle team who won convincingly against a very tough La Vega squad. I was impressed by Carthage last Friday, but again it was Gilmer, not PG. Carthage will most definitely see a better defense on Friday. I keep seeing PG is 1 dimensional etc.. The QB passed for 225 yards on Friday and 3 TDs against a solid Silsbee defense due to them selling out on the run. That all said, Carthage should win this game. They have a huge offensive line, a great QB, fast and physical defense, and playmakers all over the field. PG just doesn't have great speed at the WR position for the big play. If someone is wide open on Friday it will be because of a blown coverage. However, those kids can run good routes to move the ball effectively. Defensively that PG secondary is lacking. Their front seven is great, and there only hope of getting off that field is those guys winning up front. That said, Carthage has some DAWGS on the line who will compete every play. I see a repeat of last years game. Honestly, if I am PG, I just want to be competing into the 4th quarter. There is a REAL chance these two see each other again this year in Dallas. Its hard to beat a team twice, but harder if not impossible to beat Surratt twice in a season. 

Man let’s fix this post.  Nobody losing faith, PG SHOULD make it the SC.   LaVega not near what they have been past 3 years.   Gilmer is no slouch, they can still beat most.  PG can throw when all 11 try to stop the run.  PG don’t run routes, they run a drag and a go, not much route running.   PG has a good QB not great, with that said, he won’t be the starter next year.  These 2 will see each other again in the finals.   Post is fixed

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Think this would work?  Exterminator here for your regular service.  Running behind today.

579C3773-3587-422B-B223-EE44D5EE86B3.jpeg

It's worth a shot. Somebody called a plumber??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Man let’s fix this post.  Nobody losing faith, PG SHOULD make it the SC.   LaVega not near what they have been past 3 years.   Gilmer is no slouch, they can still beat most.  PG can throw when all 11 try to stop the run.  PG don’t run routes, they run a drag and a go, not much route running.   PG has a good QB not great, with that said, he won’t be the starter next year.  These 2 will see each other again in the finals.   Post is fixed

What in the world did you fix? I also think PG “should” make it to state. Last I checked drags and gos are “routes.” They also run other routes.  Never said Gilmer a slouch, statistically PG defense better against stronger teams. Also, last I checked La Vega was a top 5 team. Anyway, thanks for the stellar work..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Football is all about matchups.  Gilmer didn't have the physical size and strength in the trenches to match up with Carthage.  Carthage dominated in the trenches, hence the blowout.  Gilmer had some chances but kept making mistakes on offense.  The Buckeyes didn't have an answer defensively for the Dawg offense, though.

I think PG matches up better with Carthage physically, but I just don't see them being able to consistently stopping the Dawg offense, nor do I see them sustaining many scoring drives.  Unless the Dawgs turn the ball over a few times, I think Carthage pulls away, especially in the second half when depth becomes a factor.  I think this game will be very similar to last year's game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not losing faith in PG. I just think that there used to be like... 3 tiers in 4AD2. Tier 1 (PG, Gilmer, Wimberley, Greenwood), Tier 2 (who cares), tier 3 (who cares). Now, there's 4 tiers. You got Tier Carthage (Carthage), then Tiers 1, 2, and 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...