Henderson vs Athens

LionKing12172920

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Game will be closer than anticipated. Lions by 3.

No it won't be close, Lions up big, and I don't think Athens will score on Henderson Defense.Got to remember that Henderson hadn't played but 3 games?? Prior to that other teams been playing and Henderson hadn't had a chance to get in rythem, I think this game Lions will be  up for this game.

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You may have underestimated the lack of offense. Greenville was not a contender.

Greenville is a 5A team and the players were big compared to Henderson's. Greenville has a decent WRS, and the QB is fast, so you're telling me that Athens or any of Henderson's District would have beat Greenville, I don't think so.

8 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Kilgore Lindale most definitely can. If Henderson plays like that than this will be a long season. Greenville is not that good. Greenville is decent but let stop acting like they’re a top ten quality. Athens is playing well but lacks the quality competition. The hornets can win if the lions don’t play well. 4-5 season is definitely a possibility.

Henderson should be favorites against in this order 

1. Mabank

2. Chapel Hill 

3. Athens

4. Palestine 

Most likely underdogs against Lindale and Kilgore. 

Defense will keep them in every game so potential is there for 7-2 but also 4-5 . 

True depending on how better the Offense line can adjust and if Henderson can click on cylinders on Offense.

I am not at all disagreeing with you. Just saying that 2 years ago that 7th and 8th teams in Athens when they are Juniors and Seniors should be pretty solid if they are still around. Their starting QB this year is a Soph from that group.

25 minutes ago, StillALion said:

CalPreps prediction is:

Henderson - 26

Athens - 21

F42870D7-B9CD-4372-9272-DC2E5BA980D9.jpeg

I really don't think this game will be close, I watched the highlights on Athens and they really didn't strike my attention like Lindale, or Kilgore's games. Athen's strength of schedule wasn't that strong before the districts and Henderson's offense coaches weren't preparing Henderson like they should have been and not being active to even clean up the offense. My thoughts are Henderson gets their Offense cleaned up and they will be up for the Districts. Hopefully Henderson wins big in this game.

21 hours ago, StillALion said:

Harris Rating picks Henderson to win by 21.

Dave Campbell’s TX Football picks Henderson by 15.

The thing that Henderson really needs to put effort in is the Offensive line and that will give the QB some time to throw, he is a good passer, just young, and there's a lot of talent on this team, and I see it, but they can be better and efficient on Offense so then they would be tough to beat in this district.

22 hours ago, StillALion said:

The Henderson Lions Show (sponsored by Raw Iron Gym) for this week on Lone Star Gridiron / Sideline 2 Sideline.  Last week’s game reviewed and this week’s game previewed.  They pick Henderson by 7-8 points ...

https://lonestargridiron.com/2020/09/henderson-lions-show-093020/

I also saw the Greenville game and knew that this Greenville team is not the Greenville of old, so I knew that Henderson has to be tough on Offense and the rest of the District to get Clicking on cylinders on Offense.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am not that confident but maybe so. Lions got to prove a lot. End of the day Athens is definitely a team you should beat if you expect a playoff run. 

You are correct, but can't be stuck on the Henderson 2016 team nor the 2010 team, these  kids this year are young, so I give it either a year or a few years and Henderson could be talking about a state run. Even if the 2016 team wasn't that successful when they were young.We all wasn't talking about Henderson 2016 team being  district run neither state run until they were mostly seniors until they ran into Carthage that year.