Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Henderson vs Athens


Recommended Posts

Game won't be close 

Lions take it

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Game will be closer than anticipated. Lions by 3.

No it won't be close, Lions up big, and I don't think Athens will score on Henderson Defense.Got to remember that Henderson hadn't played but 3 games?? Prior to that other teams been playing and Henderson hadn't had a chance to get in rythem, I think this game Lions will be  up for this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

No it won't be close, Lions up big, and I don't think Athens will score on Henderson Defense.Got to remember that Henderson hadn't played but 3 games?? Prior to that other teams been playing and Henderson hadn't had a chance to get in rythem, I think this game Lions will be  up for this game.

You may have underestimated the lack of offense. Greenville was not a contender.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You may have underestimated the lack of offense. Greenville was not a contender.

Greenville is a 5A team and the players were big compared to Henderson's. Greenville has a decent WRS, and the QB is fast, so you're telling me that Athens or any of Henderson's District would have beat Greenville, I don't think so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Greenville is a 5A team and the players were big compared to Henderson's. Greenville has a decent WRS, and the QB is fast, so you're telling me that Athens or any of Henderson's District would have beat Greenville, I don't think so.

Kilgore Lindale most definitely can. If Henderson plays like that than this will be a long season. Greenville is not that good. Greenville is decent but let stop acting like they’re a top ten quality. Athens is playing well but lacks the quality competition. The hornets can win if the lions don’t play well. 4-5 season is definitely a possibility.

Henderson should be favorites against in this order 

1. Mabank

2. Chapel Hill 

3. Athens

4. Palestine 

 

Most likely underdogs against Lindale and Kilgore. 

Defense will keep them in every game so potential is there for 7-2 but also 4-5 . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Kilgore Lindale most definitely can. If Henderson plays like that than this will be a long season. Greenville is not that good. Greenville is decent but let stop acting like they’re a top ten quality. Athens is playing well but lacks the quality competition. The hornets can win if the lions don’t play well. 4-5 season is definitely a possibility.

Henderson should be favorites against in this order 

1. Mabank

2. Chapel Hill 

3. Athens

4. Palestine 

 

Most likely underdogs against Lindale and Kilgore. 

Defense will keep them in every game so potential is there for 7-2 but also 4-5 . 

True depending on how better the Offense line can adjust and if Henderson can click on cylinders on Offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not at all disagreeing with you. Just saying that 2 years ago that 7th and 8th teams in Athens when they are Juniors and Seniors should be pretty solid if they are still around. Their starting QB this year is a Soph from that group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, StillALion said:

CalPreps prediction is:

Henderson - 26

Athens - 21

F42870D7-B9CD-4372-9272-DC2E5BA980D9.jpeg

I really don't think this game will be close, I watched the highlights on Athens and they really didn't strike my attention like Lindale, or Kilgore's games. Athen's strength of schedule wasn't that strong before the districts and Henderson's offense coaches weren't preparing Henderson like they should have been and not being active to even clean up the offense. My thoughts are Henderson gets their Offense cleaned up and they will be up for the Districts. Hopefully Henderson wins big in this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I really don't think this game will be close, I watched the highlights on Athens and they really didn't strike my attention like Lindale, or Kilgore's games. Athen's strength of schedule wasn't that strong before the districts and Henderson's offense coaches weren't preparing Henderson like they should have been and not being active to even clean up the offense. My thoughts are Henderson gets their Offense cleaned up and they will be up for the Districts. Hopefully Henderson wins big in this game.

Will be close if the lions don’t play well offensively. Athens can sure enough hang around if doesn’t change.  The lions need to clean up and come out strong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, LionKing12172920 said:

I really don't think this game will be close, I watched the highlights on Athens and they really didn't strike my attention like Lindale, or Kilgore's games. Athen's strength of schedule wasn't that strong before the districts and Henderson's offense coaches weren't preparing Henderson like they should have been and not being active to even clean up the offense. My thoughts are Henderson gets their Offense cleaned up and they will be up for the Districts. Hopefully Henderson wins big in this game.

Harris Rating picks Henderson to win by 21.

Dave Campbell’s TX Football picks Henderson by 15.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, StillALion said:

Harris Rating picks Henderson to win by 21.

Dave Campbell’s TX Football picks Henderson by 15.

The thing that Henderson really needs to put effort in is the Offensive line and that will give the QB some time to throw, he is a good passer, just young, and there's a lot of talent on this team, and I see it, but they can be better and efficient on Offense so then they would be tough to beat in this district.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...