Hughes Springs v/s Ore City

justafan2015

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Hughes Springs was up 16-6 in the 4th on the worst Diana team that I have seen. This could be a game.

OC got hosed by Joaquin and Waskom. They would both do the same to Hughes Springs.

I agree. HS didn't impress me that much against ND. If ND would've had ANY speed then it would've been a better game, and ND could've possibly had a chance to win that game. 

If OC has ANY speed, then this game will be better than most think. I think the Rebs do have more speed than ND, and pull out the win against the Mustangs in a close game. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I agree. HS didn't impress me that much against ND. If ND would've had ANY speed then it would've been a better game, and ND could've possibly had a chance to win that game. 

If OC has ANY speed, then this game will be better than most think. I think the Rebs do have more speed than ND, and pull out the win against the Mustangs in a close game. 

I haven't seen HS play but I haven't seen a worse high-school football team in person than what I saw last Friday at OC. They were down 36-0 with 2 and a half minutes left in the 1st quarter.  I thought for a second the Waskom coaches were gonna put pads on the ball boys and cheerleaders bc they had played everyone out of position and still couldn't stop scoring.  

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Hughes Springs was up 16-6 in the 4th on the worst Diana team that I have seen. This could be a game.

OC got hosed by Joaquin and Waskom. They would both do the same to Hughes Springs.

If I'm not mistaken, Hughes Springs is picked to win district 

1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

I haven't seen HS play but I haven't seen a worse high-school football team in person than what I saw last Friday at OC. They were down 36-0 with 2 and a half minutes left in the 1st quarter.  I thought for a second the Waskom coaches were gonna put pads on the ball boys and cheerleaders bc they had played everyone out of position and still couldn't stop scoring.  

Waskom has SPEED all over the field though, right? Even their backups? I dunno, I havent seen them...or OC. Did OC have ANY speed whatsoever? 

HS could've just had a bad game against ND because of the covid layoff and also losing their stud RB. I dunno. I just wasn't impressed with what I saw during that game. If ND would've had ANY speed, it would've been a whole different ballgame. It's not that ND plays bad. They're just SLOW. 

My point is, imo, if OC has any speed...even just decent speed, they'll keep up with HS. (Only by what I saw last Friday night). I'm probably wrong though, and the HS-ND game was a fluke. 

8 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well they dropped from D1 and had a monster coming back. I’m sure if who did make that pick could look into the future they’d gone a different route. 

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I think Dave Campbell had HS, EF, Waskom, not sure, it might be EF picked first

14 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Even with the big back I don’t think they could handle either y’all or your arch nemesis this year. 

If you pay attention to 3A football then you would have been aware that Waskom was going to be loaded this year. 

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I said last year after we played them they were going to be hell the next couple of years. We won handily but you could tell they were really really young and on the cusp of something great. Daingerfield escaped with a win over them after Waskom coughed it up five times during a monsoon. I’m not surprised one bit. 

I was not saying that you weren’t paying attention. 

I was just saying in general. Waskom was going to be loaded, and HS lost a lot even before losing their bell cow.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, TTman7 said:

Waskom has SPEED all over the field though, right? Even their backups? I dunno, I havent seen them...or OC. Did OC have ANY speed whatsoever? 

HS could've just had a bad game against ND because of the covid layoff and also losing their stud RB. I dunno. I just wasn't impressed with what I saw during that game. If ND would've had ANY speed, it would've been a whole different ballgame. It's not that ND plays bad. They're just SLOW. 

My point is, imo, if OC has any speed...even just decent speed, they'll keep up with HS. (Only by what I saw last Friday night). I'm probably wrong though, and the HS-ND game was a fluke. 

I agree. HS has always struggled with teams that have speed. If they don’t slow down backs in the backfield before they get going you can gash them for big gains 

On 9/28/2020 at 2:45 PM, TTman7 said:

OC has very little speed or at least it didn't get to show itself during the game.