Westwood(3-2) - Open

Diboll -(1-0) in District  won Vs Trinity 

Crockett- (1-0) in District won Vs Huntington 

Westwood - (1-0) in District won Vs Elkhart 

Coldspring - (0-0) in District  - No district game played 

Trinity (0-1) in District loss to Diboll

Huntington (0-1) in District loss to Crockett

Elkhart (0-1) in District  loss to Westwood

Give me Crockett, Diboll and Coldspring winning this week with Huntington with a chance to upset. As of this week THSF Computer rankings have Coldspring favored to come out of this district as the #1 seed. 

This week:

Crockett vs. Westwood

Diboll vs. Elkhart

Coldspring vs. Huntington 

Trinity - off

Crockett (4-2)  (2-0) District 

Diboll (2-3)  (2-0) District 

Coldspring (4-1) (1-0) District 

Westwood (3-2) (1-0) District 

Huntington (2-3) (0-2) District 

Trinity (2-4) (0-2) District 

Crockett should have a tougher game this week then the past two. Westwood has played pretty decent ball. Both teams are playing to stay undefeated in district. I take Crockett in a close one. 

Diboll should roll to 3-0 in district this week over Elkhart. The Elks are having a rough year.  I see them still winless after this week. Diboll has bounced back from starting the season winless. Schedule has helped some but coming in (0-3) wasn’t real promising. 

Coldspring and Huntington is interesting. Huntington needs a win to keep them in the  playoff chase.  If they lose then the last two become must wins pretty much. They caught the tougher of the district games early on for sure. I think Coldspring takes this one though and it’s a three horse race for the #1 spot of this district. 

Crockett 46 - Westwood 36

Huntington 34 -Coldspring 26

Diboll 2 - Elkhart 0 via forfeit. 

Just now, 514 said:

Diboll won a forfeit  vs Elkhart. Elkhart may have to forfeit the next 2 games because of Covid 19

Crockett (5-2) (3-0) District 

Diboll (3-3) (3-0) District

Coldspring (4-2) (1-1) District 

Westwood (3-3) (1-1) District 

Huntington (3-3) (1-2) District

Trinity (2-4) (0-2) District 

Elkhart (0-6) (0-3) District 

This weeks games

Coldspring vs Elkhart- not sure if this one gets played due to Elkhart having Covid issues. 

Diboll vs Westwood- this one could be interesting. Westwood played tough with Crockett it seems last week. 

Huntington vs Trinity- Huntington picking up a big win vs Coldspring last week really helped their chances of getting in the playoffs. 

Crockett has a bye. 

I have only seen one Westwood game. That was at Elkhart. They kept shooting them self in the foot with stupid penalty's. Un-discipline type stuff. Still won game by 4 scores. Talked to a guy who was at Crockett game. Said Crockett scored on Westwood with 2 scoop and scores. If not for that and some other stuff they could have won that game. Then you listen to Max from Crockett and the Refs kept it from being 40 to 0. So I don't know what to believe. If they play like I saw them play in Elkhart, Diboll will thump them. I hope its a good game, and they learn how to when a game like that on the road.

This district includes teams that are young and are playing to get to the post season. Fortunately, Region is also in down cycle except for East Chambers, Columbus, and Yoakum. A couple of District 9 teams will play a few rounds…their last games will not be pretty.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:59 PM, VZCR said:

This district includes teams that are young and are playing to get to the post season. Fortunately, Region is also in down cycle except for East Chambers, Columbus, and Yoakum. A couple of District 9 teams will play a few rounds…their last games will not be pretty.

I hope I’m wrong but I just do not see any District 9 teams making it past round 2 right now. I see the winner of District 11 taking Region 3. However I wouldn’t be surprised to see East Chambers pull it out. Nothing against District 12 but Rockdale and Yoe usually find another gear during the playoffs. 

On 10/13/2020 at 1:47 PM, 514 said:

I have only seen one Westwood game. That was at Elkhart. They kept shooting them self in the foot with stupid penalty's. Un-discipline type stuff. Still won game by 4 scores. Talked to a guy who was at Crockett game. Said Crockett scored on Westwood with 2 scoop and scores. If not for that and some other stuff they could have won that game. Then you listen to Max from Crockett and the Refs kept it from being 40 to 0. So I don't know what to believe. If they play like I saw them play in Elkhart, Diboll will thump them. I hope its a good game, and they learn how to when a game like that on the road.

I watched Crockett twice early in the year, Rusk and Buffalo. Both games Crockett either should’ve won or should’ve at least been in it till the very end.(Buffalo they were). Both games Crockett had bad penalties and it cost them. They could get easily be undefeated at this point or for sure a 1 loss team. They are young and hopefully with time the penalties will clean up but as of now it don’t look to be. Talent wise they are right there with most anyone. They will be scary good the next couple years if they keep the guys focused and get a little discipline on the penalties side of it. 

They have really never lacked for talent. If the right person comes in their that place could really take off. Have not seen them in person the last 2 years. Coached at a school that was in and out of their district for 21 years so I have coached against them on the defensive side about 10 games. Been out of football since 2018 for back related issues and getting ready to retire in a year or 2.

• Like 1

"If the right person" 

Hmmm, Jimmy Thompson has won over 250 games. That place may be taking off without your "right person".

So many places have problems that the outside never knows about. Maybe the right person is handling those problems. Some people see talent and think they can coach that talent to win. When in reality, they could never get that talent on the bus.

You are Correct JImmy Thompsom is a very good Coach. You don't win as many games as he has and not know what your doing. I just think Crockett is one of those places that could be like Carthage, Aledo, Mart, Malakoff, ect those places that kind of reload every year and have a chance to make a run at it. They seem to never be on the short end of athletes.

Coldspring wins via forfeit over Elkhart

Diboll 50-7 over Westwood 

Trinity 28-15 over Huntington

Crockett was off. 

Diboll (4-3) (4-0) District

Crockett (5-2) (3-0) District 

Coldspring (5-2) (2-1) District 

Westwood (3-4) (1-2) District 

Trinity (3-4) (1-2) District

Huntington (3-4) (1-3) District

Elkhart (0-7) (0-4)District 

Diboll and Crockett have pretty much locked in their spot in the playoffs. Looks like they will play for the championship. Coldspring could still have a hand in it. Trinity keeps their postseason hopes alive with a win over Huntington. Elkhart is eliminated from playoff contention. 

Next Week

Crockett vs Diboll 

Coldspring vs. Westwood 

Trinity vs Elkhart 

Huntington is off  

Still a lot to be decided in this district. Crockett has Diboll, Coldspring and Trinity left. 

Diboll has 4 wins already has Crockett and Coldspring left on the docket. 

Coldspring could still come out as District champion with games against Westwood, Crockett and Diboll left. With a win over Westwood would almost guarantee a playoff spot. 

Westwood has a win over Elkhart but lost to Crockett and Diboll. Plays Coldspring, Trinity and Huntington.

Trinity with the win over Huntington plays Elkhart, Westwood and Crockett. 

Huntington with a win over Coldspring last week still has Elkhart and Westwood left.  

Elkhart which forfeited the last two weeks has Trinity and Huntington left.

So this one still has a lot left before you can get the spots in order. 

Diboll has a bye and only has Coldspring left. Has clinched a playoff berth.  Can’t fall further then 2nd. Will clinch district championship with a Coldspring loss next week or win vs them the next. 

Coldspring has Crockett and Diboll left. Could still miss the playoffs but should make it in. Could also share district championship and would get the #1 seed if they win out. Clinched a playoff spot with a win.  Holds head to head over Trinity and Westwood. 

Crockett has Coldspring and Trinity left. Same as Coldspring can fall out but should make it. Clinches a playoff spot with a win. Holds head to head over Westwood and Huntington. Can finish no higher then 2nd. 

Trinity has Westwood and Crockett left. The Westwood game will have a lot of impact on how this District plays out. They hold the head to head over Huntington. 

Westwood with Trinity and Huntington left still can make it in. Have to win out to get a chance. 

Huntington holds a win over Coldspring. They have Elkhart and Westwood. Has to win out to get a chance to get in. 

Elkhart is eliminated and only has Huntington left to play next week. 

So with only one spot clinched and still two weeks left before this one is done, there is a lot left to be decided. 

• Like 1

Diboll looks like they are really getting it together as the year has progressed.  Looks like they may be poised to at least win a couple games in the playoffs. 

Coldspring losing to Huntington could be interesting if they lose out and Huntington wins out.   

The next two weeks have a lot of implications for this district and is at least interesting. 

• Like 1

I think Huntington is the best bet to get 4th. All they have to do is beat Elkhart and Westwood. They should have no problem with Elkhart. As far as Westwood goes they are streaky. Hard for them to put 2 good games together back to back so they will lose one to either Trinity or Huntington. 

If Trinity beats Westwood this week then they become the favorite to get the 4th spot because they hold the head to head over Huntington. I don't think they can beat Crockett though, but that will still leave them in 4th.

The key game this week like someone else said is Westwood vs Trinity. Lot of eyes on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 514 said:

I think Huntington is the best bet to get 4th. All they have to do is beat Elkhart and Westwood. They should have no problem with Elkhart. As far as Westwood goes they are streaky. Hard for them to put 2 good games together back to back so they will lose one to either Trinity or Huntington. 

If Trinity beats Westwood this week then they become the favorite to get the 4th spot because they hold the head to head over Huntington. I don't think they can beat Crockett though, but that will still leave them in 4th.

The key game this week like someone else said is Westwood vs Trinity. Lot of eyes on this one.

Trinity only has to be Westwood to get In as of now. I see Huntington winning out and Coldspring losing the next 2 as well. I see this being Trinity in 3rd and Huntington 4th. 

7 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Trinity only has to be Westwood to get In as of now. I see Huntington winning out and Coldspring losing the next 2 as well. I see this being Trinity in 3rd and Huntington 4th. 

I'm pretty sure if that situation were to unfold that way, Huntington would be out, Coldspring would be the 3rd place team and Trinity would be the 4th place team. 

If it goes to points: 

Trinity beat Huntington 28-15 (Trinity +13 Huntington -13)

Huntington beat Coldspring 34-26 (Huntington +8 Coldspring -8)

Coldspring beat Trinity 48-8 (Coldspring +40 or Trinity -40 or whatever the district max and min is)

My prediction is Westwood beats Trinity this week. That will set up a show down with Huntington vs Westwood for 4th place unless Trinity upsets Crockett. If Westwood could put together two good back to back games they could go to the playoffs. I just would not bet on it.  I think Coldsprings gets in with just 3 losses. If I was forced to put money on it.

1st Diboll

2nd Crockett

3rd Coldsprings

4th Huntington

6 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Going to be interesting for sure. I can see Westwood knocking Trinity off this week for sure. 

I see Westwood winning this week as well to setup a win and your in with Huntington. I just do not see Trinity beating Crockett in week 11 to change that scenario. 

• Like 1