Week Three: Longview vs Tyler Legacy

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-1) vs Tyler Legacy Red Raiders (2-0)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:00 AM

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

11 names to watch tonight:

#2 RB/LB Taylor Tatum (SHMS)

#3 SS/WR Chase Smith (Foster)

#4 RB/FS Willie Nelson (Judson)

#5 LB/WR Chris Wilder (Judson)

#7 QB Andrew Tutt (Judson)

#9 CB DK Reese (Judson)

#10 WR/S Buddha Garrett (Foster)

#15 FB Alijah Johnson (Judson)

#32 LB Andrew Pierce (Judson)

#46 TE/LB Billy Smith (Forest Park)

#88 TE/DE Jaymerson Darensbourg (Judson)

I'm guessing SHMS is Spring Hill Middle School right?

33 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I'm guessing SHMS is Spring Hill Middle School right?

Yeah. I don't know why Longview High is getting slammed with Spring Hill Middle School students when we are in 2 different Independent School Districts. I mean, I DO know why but I don't like it nor do I like the drama and politics that eventually accompany such "move ins" and "transfers".

It's absolutely amazing how many people come out of the woodworks and parents all of sudden come up with L.I.S.D. addresses once you win a state title and see how much television airtime we get as a program other than our local news affiliates. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Quick said:

Yeah. I don't know why Longview High is getting slammed with Spring Hill Middle School students when we are in 2 different Independent School Districts. I mean, I DO know why but I don't like it nor do I like the drama and politics that eventually accompany such "move ins" and "transfers".

It's absolutely amazing how many people come out of the woodworks and parents all of sudden come up with L.I.S.D. addresses once you win a state title and see how much television airtime we get as a program other than our local news affiliates. 

I don't care about that. I just looked at the list for like 5 minutes trying to figure out which Longview ISD Middle School that was lol.

• LOL! 2

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

11 names to watch tonight:

#2 RB/LB Taylor Tatum (SHMS)

#3 SS/WR Chase Smith (Foster)

#4 RB/FS Willie Nelson (Judson)

#5 LB/WR Chris Wilder (Judson)

#7 QB Andrew Tutt (Judson)

#9 CB DK Reese (Judson)

#10 WR/S Buddha Garrett (Foster)

#15 FB Alijah Johnson (Judson)

#32 LB Andrew Pierce (Judson)

#46 TE/LB Billy Smith (Forest Park)

#88 TE/DE Jaymerson Darensbourg (Judson)

You are spot on with your analysis, as usual.  This class is the best I've seen in all my years watching Lobo Football.

Thanks for giving us the info!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quick said:

I mean all of Longview can be an LISD address if I remember correctly lol

• LOL! 1

46 minutes ago, Quick said:

I hear ya bro.

But to be fair, Tatum basically "came home"...played for the Mustangs in his youth.

And with Longview being open enrollment, you already know good players in the Longview area arent gonna wanna play for a mediocre program like SH or Hallsville.

And I dont feel bad about it either with all the players they use to take. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Wolf, Tutt and Tatum look really good.you can tell Tutt is going to be a great QB, and the one two combo of Tatum and Nelson!!!!  Wow future looks great    

Tutt is going to push those sophomores in the future if they arent careful.

Our best CB didnt play yesterday, #9 DK Reese...whose already 6'1.

But the other two corners #21 Ethan Harrison (6'0) and #8 Jacolbie Granville are talents too and got the job done last night. Harrison was a dominant WR out of Judson, Tutt's main target.

Billy Smith #46 out of Forest Park is a dog on defense with great size. Reminds me a lot of JJ Rougley.

When you combine our sophomore class with our freshmen class in a few years....its gonna be a movie.

• Like 1

There is no one in East Texas that can match Longview right now. There future is very bright. We'll see how Lee varsity plays tonight. For the foreseeable future Longview will rule East Texas for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the freshman qb becomes the starter on varsity next year. He definitely knows how to command an offense.

43 minutes ago, ANTI said:

5'10 with room to grow.

Seems like he's already grown since summer. I wonder if he's not already hovering right around the 6-foot mark. I was at practice earlier this week and Tutt was standing with Jordan, Isaiah, and the other QBs. I couldn't see much, if any, difference in height between him and Jordan. Landyn was the only one who was obviously taller, but even that was only a couple inches or so

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Tutt is going to push those sophomores in the future if they arent careful.

Co-sign. It's gonna be a great problem to have: a highly competitive QB room. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the freshman qb becomes the starter on varsity next year. He definitely knows how to command an offense.

Completely agree. I know there's already been mumbling, as we talked about last week at Marshall, about him getting some snaps on varsity this year.

I think it'd be great to see him in the game against East, West or Sherman once it's decided.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, OakRidgeMav said:

REL has looked impressive, but against two 5A D1 teams that seem to be a bit down this year (as opposed to normal).....Lobos rediscovered their power running game last week.....they'll dominate time of possession, keeping the REL RB's off the field, and put up enough points to take the W.

Smh

40 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Completely agree. I know there's already been mumbling, as we talked about last week at Marshall, about him getting some snaps on varsity this year.

I think it'd be great to see him in the game against East, West or Sherman once it's decided.

I heard that mumbling a few weeks ago but didnt take it seriously. Maybe I should have!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VonG said:

There is no one in East Texas that can match Longview right now. There future is very bright. We'll see how Lee varsity plays tonight. For the foreseeable future Longview will rule East Texas for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the freshman qb becomes the starter on varsity next year. He definitely knows how to command an offense.

I definitely dont disagree. But what chances are you giving Tyler High in this department?

59 minutes ago, LOL said:

Seems like he's already grown since summer. I wonder if he's not already hovering right around the 6-foot mark. I was at practice earlier this week and Tutt was standing with Jordan, Isaiah, and the other QBs. I couldn't see much, if any, difference in height between him and Jordan. Landyn was the only one who was obviously taller, but even that was only a couple inches or so

Co-sign. It's gonna be a great problem to have: a highly competitive QB room. 

You're probably right.

His brother Jonathan Tutt starts at C on varsity at 6'0. And Andrew is right there with him height wise.

Not sure why I put 5'10....I mean he looks 5'10 along side all those other towers out there. lol

I have to remember the amount of size in that 9th grade bunch.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I definitely dont disagree. But what chances are you giving Tyler High in this department?

We'll have to see when they are on varsity playing together. Right now they are so spread out it's ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, VonG said:

We'll have to see when they are on varsity playing together. Right now they are so spread out it's ridiculous. 

I think the 9th Legacy RB has a bright future.

Was shocked Legacy didnt use that tall WR #6 last night who looks at least 6'3. He had a 6'0 corner on him but I'm surprised he wasnt even targeted. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think the 9th Legacy RB has a bright future.

Was shocked Legacy didnt use that tall WR #6 last night who looks at least 6'3. He had a 6'0 corner on him but I'm surprised he wasnt even targeted. 

No qb. The receiver is not consistent at catching the rock. The running back went to Boulter last year. That's the one I was telling everybody he wasn't worried about Moore last year. 

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

No qb. The receiver is not consistent at catching the rock. The running back went to Boulter last year. That's the one I was telling everybody he wasn't worried about Moore last year. 

Yeah I remember that. Goodness. So another one that should've went to TH?

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah I remember that. Goodness. So another one that should've went to TH?

I can't really say that because he moves around so much. He is from the Bulter College area. He could go either or.

• Like 1