Week Three: Longview vs Tyler Legacy

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-1) vs Tyler Legacy Red Raiders (2-0)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:00 AM

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

He'll be back when we lose to Ryan or someone in the playoffs. He was all over our board when we lost to Jesuit.

Watch I belive its Going to be like 2017 and we shock a undefeated team we be their one bad game  like Jesuit was ours at wrong time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

You won't see him until next year 

He won't have much more luck next year this year was the year for legacy to end the streak why we still finding our way and they still couldn't get it done proofs we are still better then em on our worst starts vs their best start of year

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

20 wins in a row at home.

16 wins in a row over Tyler Legacy.

Onto West Brook.

Since 2004, we've won all but a couple of home games, if memory serves. 

I think from 2004 until John Tyler in 2010 where Robertson got hurt, we didn't lose a home game. I know we lost to Allen at home in 2011 and maybe to John Tyler a couple years... So if memory serves we've won all but 4 home games since that home loss to Lufkin in 2003. Incredible. 

33 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Since 2004, we've won all but a couple of home games, if memory serves. 

I think from 2004 until John Tyler in 2010 where Robertson got hurt, we didn't lose a home game. I know we lost to Allen at home in 2011 and maybe to John Tyler a couple years... So if memory serves we've won all but 4 home games since that home loss to Lufkin in 2003. Incredible. 

2008 vs Evangel (forfeit)
2010 vs John Tyler
2011 vs Allen
2014 vs John Tyler
2016 vs John Tyler

And that's the list.

8 hours ago, VonG said:

Lee has to get physical. 

On 10/3/2020 at 2:18 PM, GOLEE said:

Didn’t really buy the week 1 Longview game no more than the Legacy win over Lufkin. 
Throw those 2 samples aside and now it’s back to Playing Longview at home. Legacy has some talent on offense , a couple good tackles on D, but beyond that I don’t see the standouts that say this team is all that. The only advantage Legacy has is catching Longview early before King starts putting all the pieces together. Longview will turn this into a physical game and punch their ticket again. 

• Like 1

I thought special teams is getting better. Need to sure up handling the ball on catching it on kickoff return. Kickers did an excellent job. I like how we pooched it and squib the ball on the kick off. Almost got some turnovers on it. Defense lights out last night. Offense still needs work, but it will all come together.

Lee needs to work on their special teams. The punting was terrible to start off with. You can't give longview short field positions. That's 9 points right there. There kickoffs is terrible also. They gave up a touchdown to lufkin coming out of halftime and damn near gave up one to longview. After he fumbled the ball. It's all about effort and they were taking their sweet time getting down the field. This is what Lee needed. They should learn a lot from this lost. 

14 minutes ago, VonG said:

The punting was terrible to start off with. You can't give longview short field positions. That's 9 points right there.

To be fair, both teams struggled with this early on. The wind played a huge factor in this. Legacy's only two touchdowns came on a horrible punt by Longview that went less than 10 yards, and then a personal foul on Longview after their second touchdown and...a short kickoff turned into a huge gain for the Red Raiders.

Legacy will be fine, especially in that district they're in. Next week might be ugly at Allen, but there's no reason they shouldn't beat Skyline, Horn, Mesquite and North. The Heath game will be interesting. Rockwall is clear and shoulders the best team in the district, but a third place finish wouldn't be bad at all for the Red Raiders.

I don't see Rockwall being the clear favorites when Lee should have beat them last year. I'm not saying Rockwall won't win, but I don't see them being the clear favorite. Lee did beat Heath last year and I think they should beat them this year. I  don't see a clear favorite in this district unless longview was still in this district. It's up for grabs. I don't see no team in there district better than Longview or Allen. I had Lee going 2-2 in non district anyway when the schedule came out. I got Lee finishing 8-2 or 7-3 in the regular season. Maybe going 2 rounds. 

Just now, VonG said:

I don't see Rockwall being the clear favorites when Lee should have beat them last year. I'm not saying Rockwall won't win, but I don't see them being the clear favorite. Lee did beat Heath last year and I think they should beat them this year. I  don't see a clear favorite in this district unless longview was still in this district. It's up for grabs. I don't see no team in there district better than Longview or Allen. I had Lee going 2-2 in non district anyway when the schedule came out. I got Lee finishing 8-2 or 7-3 in the regular season. Maybe going 2 rounds. 

Sort of agree with you.

I have Legacy/Rockwall/Heath lumped together. All games between those 3 will be close, probably high scoring.

I know Rockwall just beat SLC but, that defense is still awful and they were lucky to beat yall last year WITH Rodney Webb.

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

Rockwall is the clear favorite. No question especially after just beating Carroll. I got legacy second in the district but it’s a big gap between 1st and 2nd

22 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Sort of agree with you.

I have Legacy/Rockwall/Heath lumped together. All games between those 3 will be close, probably high scoring.

I know Rockwall just beat SLC but, that defense is still awful and they were lucky to beat yall last year WITH Rodney Webb.

If rockwall defense is anything like last year. Bryson and Miller should have a field day running the ball against them. I have never seen a defense on the big level (6A-5A) that slow. SLC fans have been complaining all year about their defense being under sized. So I'm not surprised rockwall made a comeback because they do have a nice offense. The qb from rockwall is a beast. Didn't he lead the dfw in passing yards and tds last year? I feel like Lee playing Longview and Allen should have them ready to roll in district. There are no teams on their schedule that are better than those two. Lee had opportunities last night but they didn't capitalize when given them.

Longview has the best program in the highest classification in East Texas. Can they be beat? Yes they can. But they never have a down year like the other large schools in East Texas. Under King they haven't had a losing record. That's what the other schools are trying to build. Consistency is what Longview has. No other programs in the highest classification can say that.

Styles make the matchups.  I knew Longview had a shot to win this game because Longview is a physical team. Longview has been playing a physical style of football for a very long time and see it everyday in practice....so Lee wasn't going to beat them like that. Don't think JT will beat Longview, but they possibly have a better shot than Lee because of the style of play.    Lee style will probably matchup better against Rockwall.   I was more disappointed with Lee Def last night.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Styles make the matchups.  I knew Longview had a shot to win this game because Longview is a physical team. Longview has been playing a physical style of football for a very long time and see it everyday in practice....so Lee wasn't going to beat them like that. Don't think JT will beat Longview, but they possibly have a better shot than Lee because of the style of play.    Lee style will probably matchup better against Rockwall.   I was more disappointed with Lee Def last night.

We don't make excuses in Tyler but Lee had some guys out last night. The starting d end was was a no go and they lost another receiver for the rest of the year. They got hurt last week against JT. 

I don't think JT can match up with Longview because they are not a physical team. 

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Longview D is fun to watch. Like I said last night they are FAST and they are physical. I love that teams are streaming games this year. We all get to enjoy teams that we don’t normally get to see.

Is it save to say Longview  is sec style(physical) atleast of east Texas 

7 hours ago, VonG said:

We don't make excuses in Tyler but Lee had some guys out last night. The starting d end was was a no go and they lost another receiver for the rest of the year. They got hurt last week against JT. 

I don't think JT can match up with Longview because they are not a physical team. 

Thats my point. Longview is known for having a physical front 7 on Def and a physical Oline and run game.   Not many teams will be them in that department and so what Legacy does best fit right into Longview's strengths. 

JT spreads the ball out and its athlete on athlete which gives them a better chance IMO. Of course in past yrs, JT could match many team with athletes, thats why they were able to pull off a few wins in Longview.  They are probably a yr or two away from having a legitimate chance, thats why Im picking Longview too.