Week Three: Longview vs Tyler Legacy

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-1) vs Tyler Legacy Red Raiders (2-0)  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a close one
    • Tyler Legacy in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:00 AM

I tell ya what, if Legacy wants to end the 17 year losing streak to Longview, they better do it either this year or next year.

Because its straight up not happening in the years following with what Longview has coming up.

Longview's 9th grade (2024 class) is loaded.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Man 17 years is a long time . I wonder who has the biggest streak over an opponent. @LoboFan07 probably knows that in detail for Longview.

For Longview, it's the 19-game winning streak over Marshall.

There's plenty of others who have 20+ though out there.

Legacy's streak is at 15, didn't play two years. But yep, and that last one we lost back in '03, we had a 14-3 halftime lead and blew it.

52 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Didn’t Marshall win one a few years ago can’t be 19?

Longview won 19 consecutive between 1969 and 1987 vs Marshall.

The previous streak that you're speaking of was the 14-game winning streak the Lobos had vs the Mavs.

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamerecords/opponents/other/winningstreaks/main.html

• Thanks 2

I am excited for this game...Both teams have something to prove...TL will be going for the East Tex sweep and you know that is how their coach is selling it.  We have got to make the most of every opportunity...every single one...

One thing I would like to see if some of these other WRs don't start catching the ball is to have #81 out wide...if he can jump and has good hands, that gives Hale much more opportunity.  We have got to develop a second threat like we have with Haynes in the running game.

5 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I am excited for this game...Both teams have something to prove...TL will be going for the East Tex sweep and you know that is how their coach is selling it.  We have got to make the most of every opportunity...every single one...

One thing I would like to see if some of these other WRs don't start catching the ball is to have #81 out wide...if he can jump and has good hands, that gives Hale much more opportunity.  We have got to develop a second threat like we have with Haynes in the running game.

We have nothing we play in spurts Tyler about to own us this year 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, ANTI said:

I tell ya what, if Legacy wants to end the 17 year losing streak to Longview, they better do it either this year or next year.

Because its straight up not happening in the years following with what Longview has coming up.

Longview's 9th grade (2024 class) is loaded.

Co-sign.

If Tyler-Legacy can come in with their hair on fire and keep the Lobo offense off the field, I really think they can pull this off.

Lobo defense needs to play smart, assignment football. If they can force Legacy to have to pass, they might be able to run away with this one. 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

Lobo defense needs to play smart, assignment football. If they can force Legacy to have to pass, they might be able to run away with this one.

I definitely am interesting in see how the Lobo defense fares against the Legacy offense.

Tyler was able to control the clock a lot, and was able to convert some 4th downs. The turnover bug bit the Lions big time on Friday night.

But forcing Lee to pass will be key I feel. We all know their two backs are going to get their yards, it's just about limiting them like Tyler did last Friday. Should be fun to watch.

Okay so after skimming the film, here's what I gathered. 

The Lee RB is a burner. If he gets into space, he's extremely dangerous. (The QB is scrappy and quick too).

He got into space a lot against Lufkin. Why? Because Lufkin's tackling is severely lacking. I don't want to disparage those kids, but good golly... It felt like 3-4 players wanted NO part of the play/tackle sometimes. And those who did would lunch and extend arms, not move their feet to wrap up. Ergo, that RB was able to tally several LONG TD runs, including one of like 93 yards. 

Add in a pick 6 or two, Lufkin being unable to sustain drives (including a kickoff return for a TD), and voila. A 70-point performance. 

I feel like he'll get out for at least one long touchdown on Friday. Maybe more. Hoping our defense can limit the big plays. 

Gonna watch some of JT/Lee tonight and tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Oldetexfan said:

Will this week's 9th grade game be streamed? The JV game last week was.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

@LOLshould know!

Hmm, my understanding is that only home JV games will be streamed...  but that could change.

I'll pass along word up the food chain and let you know what I find out. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Okay so after skimming the film, here's what I gathered. 

The Lee RB is a burner. If he gets into space, he's extremely dangerous. (The QB is scrappy and quick too).

He got into space a lot against Lufkin. Why? Because Lufkin's tackling is severely lacking. I don't want to disparage those kids, but good golly... It felt like 3-4 players wanted NO part of the play/tackle sometimes. And those who did would lunch and extend arms, not move their feet to wrap up. Ergo, that RB was able to tally several LONG TD runs, including one of like 93 yards. 

Add in a pick 6 or two, Lufkin being unable to sustain drives (including a kickoff return for a TD), and voila. A 70-point performance. 

I feel like he'll get out for at least one long touchdown on Friday. Maybe more. Hoping our defense can limit the big plays. 

Gonna watch some of JT/Lee tonight and tomorrow. 

You mean RBs....because both Jamarion Miller and Bryson Donnell can play lol

I picked Legacy to beat Lufkin long before that game was played but a blowout certainly wasn't on my radar. I always knew Lufkin wasn't going to be strong defensively though which is why I thought Legacy would win it in a high scoring affair. Concerning Lufkin, I've seen them twice this year. Went to their scrimmage in person, and saw that Legacy game. Tackling was a big problem at both and it doesn't sound like they did particularly great in that department down in Nederland this past week either. Long year ahead for Lufkin defensively but, still a very good RB tandem for Legacy behind a big talented OL.

I don't think much of anything that went on in that Legacy-Tyler game last week means a whole lot for either team because of the nature of the rivalry. Just like our games vs Lufkin. Doesn't really gauge how good either team is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Hmm, my understanding is that only home JV games will be streamed...  but that could change.

I'll pass along word up the food chain and let you know what I find out. 

I think lots of people are wanting to see the 9th grade guys play. Thanks to WP4L for all his updates on them!

• Like 3

REL has looked impressive, but against two 5A D1 teams that seem to be a bit down this year (as opposed to normal).....Lobos rediscovered their power running game last week.....they'll dominate time of possession, keeping the REL RB's off the field, and put up enough points to take the W.

19 hours ago, Oldetexfan said:

I think lots of people are wanting to see the 9th grade guys play. Thanks to WP4L for all his updates on them!

Legacy supposed to have a good 9th team, so should be a good one.