Joaquin Rams (5-0) @ San Augustine Wolves (3-1)

trueblue82

6 minutes ago, Metal46 said:

Y'all are so dumb.  Timpson yes is having a good year. Joaquin yes is having a good year. But no one that I know has won this region 3 straight years. So make it four straight after this Friday. 

I think you’ve already covered y’all won region 3 times in previous post....Maybe get some new material??? 😂 

• LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, Metal46 said:

How many state titles has Ttown won?  Zero that's in any sport. 

You sound like a scared little kid.  It’s ok to be afraid little guy.  Rams will settle you down some after Friday and we’ll finish off the rest.  

36 minutes ago, Metal46 said:

How about this. Timpson has been irrelevant since 2003. Bro. 

I think maybe SA is over rated . I mean cmon the only half decent team they played beat them like a red headed step child . And doesn’t take much to beat a winless Alto , A winless Elkhart , and a one win west Hardin . Congrats on the inflated ego from can crushing 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Metal46 said:

Y'all are so dumb.  Timpson yes is having a good year. Joaquin yes is having a good year. But no one that I know has won this region 3 straight years. So make it four straight after this Friday. 

I’ve said this to several people and I’ll go ahead and throw it out here. Last year, SA was head and shoulders better than the rest of region 3. They were dominant. There is not a team like that in the region this year. It’s my opinion (and I could be wrong) that there are about 10 teams that are all pretty close together that any one of them could beat any of the other 9 on any given Friday night. Over the next few weeks, we will start seeing some seperation among these teams. All that being said, SA has won the region 3 years in a row. Until someone beats them, it’s their region to lose. 

• Like 1

Correct me if I’m wrong but is SA’s opponents combined record 4 and 16 . 2 winless teams . And west Hardin who has one win and pretty much is the equivalent to playing a peewee team . And the only team with a winning record took SA to pound town . Let’s keep in mind winsboro is 3 and 1. With wins over 1 and 4 hooks , SA, and a winless Howe team . I’m calling it now over rated SA. Gets hulled by , Joaquin , garrison , and timpson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but is SA’s opponents combined record 4 and 16 . 2 winless teams . And west Hardin who has one win and pretty much is the equivalent to playing a peewee team . And the only team with a winning record took SA to pound town . Let’s keep in mind winsboro is 3 and 1. With wins over 1 and 4 hooks , SA, and a winless Howe team . I’m calling it now over rated SA. Gets hulled by , Joaquin , garrison , and timpson 

I’m not going to take time to dispute that, but the argument could be made that we’re overrated as well. Our five opponents are like 12-15. None of that matters Friday night. It’s about matchups. We can’t afford a letdown after an emotional game last week. We can’t be flat. We need to play this one like the season depends on it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m not going to take time to dispute that, but the argument could be made that we’re overrated as well. Our five opponents are like 12-15. None of that matters Friday night. It’s about matchups. We can’t afford a letdown after an emotional game last week. We can’t be flat. We need to play this one like the season depends on it. 

If Joaquin plays as sloppy as they did against garrison it will be hard to pull out a W

12 hours ago, Gilbert said:

If Joaquin plays as sloppy as they did against garrison it will be hard to pull out a W

Sloppiness had alot to do with no HC and no Def coordinator all week.... and missing starting safety on Defense that makes all the alignment calls 

• Like 1

It’s not San Augustine’s fault they didn’t get to show what they had against good teams this year.  West Rusk had to cancel.  Waskom cancelled. No one thought Alto would be that bad.  SA came out flat against Winsboro and two special teams goofs have them 14 points. We have the best running back in the region and I don’t see a team in this district stopping him.  

15 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

It’s not San Augustine’s fault they didn’t get to show what they had against good teams this year.  West Rusk had to cancel.  Waskom cancelled. No one thought Alto would be that bad.  SA came out flat against Winsboro and two special teams goofs have them 14 points. We have the best running back in the region and I don’t see a team in this district stopping him.  

I hate Waskom cancelled. I really wanted to watch that game. I agree Barnes is best RB around and Joe better get to em early with more than one defender or it will be a long night. I wonder about SA on defense. That’s the only question I have about SA currently. Winny took it em and ole Joe runs the same style. It’s more than just being physical on defense. Kids gotta read keys and be in the right spot. SA lost several linemen from last year and the learning curve is tuff on young guys against slot-t teams.... Joe best defense just may be their offense and keep the ball away from Barnes and company

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I hate Waskom cancelled. I really wanted to watch that game. I agree Barnes is best RB around and Joe better get to em early with more than one defender or it will be a long night. I wonder about SA on defense. That’s the only question I have about SA currently. Winny took it em and ole Joe runs the same style. It’s more than just being physical on defense. Kids gotta read keys and be in the right spot. SA lost several linemen from last year and the learning curve is tuff on young guys against slot-t teams.... Joe best defense just may be their offense and keep the ball away from Barnes and company

SA didn’t give up any big plays to them.  Given everything that happened I thought the defense did great considering all of the mistakes on special teams and the offense. 

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Also the winny game was SA’s second game.  West Sabine the first week was also cancelled.  

20 hours ago, Metal46 said:

If Joaquin don't beat SA this year then it will be a while before they do.  They have an awesome group of underclassmen coming up. 

I think it may actually be quite the opposite. I think SA better get this W because it will be the last one they’ll get over Joaquin for the next 3 years 

• LOL! 1