Joaquin Rams (5-0) @ San Augustine Wolves (3-1)

trueblue82

Ol’ TrueBlue is a little late with his thoughts tonight. After driving home I had to switch to a crimson shirt and help BAMA finish off Ole Miss. There was no luck in that win. That was total domination of the line of scrimmage , on both sides of the football, by the Joaquin Rams. The two scoop-n-scores were great plays by the SA kids that made them, but it says a lot about how badly they were beaten that half of their points were scored by their defense. In short yardage situations, everyone there knew that the QB sneak was coming, and SA still couldn’t stop it. Great job of preparation and coaching by the Joaquin staff. Time to get ready for those West Hardin Oilers. I wonder if my old buddy Retiredfan1 will make the trip? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreaseLightning said:

Yeah that Ram fan always puzzles me with the comments 

Blows my mind . That game was controlled by Joaquin the whole time . If Joaquin learns how to hold on to the ball they gonna be dangerous . But they got to be nearing 10 fumbles in the last 2 games . And a fumble or 2 against Clarksville too . You can’t compete with the top teams for long with those kind of mistakes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Blows my mind . That game was controlled by Joaquin the whole time . If Joaquin learns how to hold on to the ball they gonna be dangerous . But they got to be nearing 10 fumbles in the last 2 games . And a fumble or 2 against Clarksville too . You can’t compete with the top teams for long with those kind of mistakes 

To be fair, all three of the fumbles last night were forced. The one by Brown was ripped out while he’s holding the ball high and tight and covering it with both hands. Their kid just did a great job of ripping it out. Stotts took a huge hit from behind. Pritchett had picked up the first down and was trying to get to the turf and they held him up. A huge win for us for sure, but SA fans should be concerned about being dominated by two teams who play very similar styles. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, longhorncrazy said:

I thought this district was SA's to rule?? Obviously not. I see them losing to Timpson as well.

I disagree.... Tyner from Tenaha said it best a few years ago.... “Ya can’t spread a spreader“..... Spread is the epitome of what SA does. Joe is just a bad matchup for SA. SA matches up well with Timpson 

I can go out on a limb and say while both coaches wanted to win I don’t believe either team showed their full hand on offense. I mean Joe ran 17 QB sneaks and Barnes wasn’t loaded down with touches either..... Perhaps both guys were looking down the road......

17 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

I can go out on a limb and say while both coaches wanted to win I don’t believe either team showed their full hand on offense. I mean Joe ran 17 QB sneaks and Barnes wasn’t loaded down with touches either..... Perhaps both guys were looking down the road......

SA tried quite a few new passing routes that just didn’t connect.  I know everyone in SA is tired of WR screens. 

2 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

I disagree SA leaned on #4 give him the ball 13 times only against one other team has he had more touch’s. Fact is Joaquin shut him down. 7 yards a touch. Something SA coaching staff could not open up the field with the pass so there was no rushing lane for #4. Don’t play like they didn’t show what they had. What they had didn’t work bottom line.  If you ask me without the spreed  #4 would rush 3 yards a touch. In this game and most any other game against a descent defense. Last team to hold him below 10 yards a touch was Refugio. 14 touch’s in that game never cared the ball over 15 time a game in any game ever . So yes they leaned hard and it didn’t work . Don’t down play what happened. 

8 minutes ago, TheChef said:

I disagree SA leaned on #4 give him the ball 13 times only against one other team has he had more touch’s. Fact is Joaquin shut him down. 7 yards a touch. Something SA coaching staff could not open up the field with the pass so there was no rushing lane for #4. Don’t play like they didn’t show what they had. What they had didn’t work bottom line.  If you ask me without the spreed  #4 would rush 3 yards a touch. In this game and most any other game against a descent defense. 

4 was getting yards and penalties had to make them try throwing the ball.  A good offense line would eat Joaquin for lunch.  Our line didn’t play well at all. 

12 minutes ago, TheChef said:

I disagree SA leaned on #4 give him the ball 13 times only against one other team has he had more touch’s. Fact is Joaquin shut him down. 7 yards a touch. Something SA coaching staff could not open up the field with the pass so there was no rushing lane for #4. Don’t play like they didn’t show what they had. What they had didn’t work bottom line.  If you ask me without the spreed  #4 would rush 3 yards a touch. In this game and most any other game against a descent defense. Last team to hold him below 10 yards a touch was Refugio. 14 touch’s in that game never cared the ball over 15 time a game in any game ever . So yes they leaned hard and it didn’t work . Don’t down play what happened. 

Last year we have had a 300 pound line. 

Just now, TheWolf said:

Last year we have had a 300 pound line. 

And so now it’s the o lines . Come on man. SA o line out weight joe but 150 each. Blame it on the refs . What ever makes you feel good about it . That boy is a ok RB without the 300 pound o line. He is just a kid with speed nothing better then that. He took 5-6 hard hits and wasn’t running with the speed he would against a weak  defense. Look to be running not to get hurt. SA be lucky to bet Garrison or Timpson. 🤡

14 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

4 was getting yards and penalties had to make them try throwing the ball.  A good offense line would eat Joaquin for lunch.  Our line didn’t play well at all. 

You right.... Joe ain’t that good..... Just lucky on defense...... One thing I noticed is SA wasn’t in good shape. Guys were gassed.... kinda makes ya wonder what they did Friday night. Doubt they took Joe seriously