Mount Pleasant @ Greenville

budmanmpfan

Mount Pleasant @ Greenville  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Mount Pleasant
    • Greenville

Week 3 of the 5A season is upon us, as this week Mount Pleasant travels to Greenville Friday night.

Mount Pleasant is now 2-0 after ending their 4 game losing streak to Sherman. They were without a few players including Caleb Jones. But even without those players they held Sherman to 7 points. Sherman only scored because of a missed pitch. They scored on a td pass. Other than that the defense of the Tigers was stellar again as Sherman only crossed the 50 4 times all night. The Tigers also forced 2 turnovers again giving them 7 on the season.

Greenville is now 1-1 coming off a loss to Liberty, 39-20. The Lions have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. So the speed of the Lions will be a tough test for the Tigers. These 2 teams do have a storied past. The Lions were knocked out of the playoffs multiple times by the Tigers in the 90s. Since 98 they have played each other almost every season because of realignment putting them together in the same disrticts.

This is always a fun game to watch. A lot of hard hits, a lot of big plays, and usually really close games. If MP can neutralize the Lion speed, it could get ugly. I expect MP to run the ball well.

GO TIGERS!!

On 10/3/2020 at 10:02 AM, budmanmpfan said:

Week 3 of the 5A season is upon us, as this week Mount Pleasant travels to Greenville Friday night.

Mount Pleasant is now 2-0 after ending their 4 game losing streak to Sherman. They were without a few players including Caleb Jones. But even without those players they held Sherman to 7 points. Sherman only scored because of a missed pitch. They scored on a td pass. Other than that the defense of the Tigers was stellar again as Sherman only crossed the 50 4 times all night. The Tigers also forced 2 turnovers again giving them 7 on the season.

Greenville is now 1-1 coming off a loss to Liberty, 39-20. The Lions have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. So the speed of the Lions will be a tough test for the Tigers. These 2 teams do have a storied past. The Lions were knocked out of the playoffs multiple times by the Tigers in the 90s. Since 98 they have played each other almost every season because of realignment putting them together in the same disrticts.

This is always a fun game to watch. A lot of hard hits, a lot of big plays, and usually really close games. If MP can neutralize the Lion speed, it could get ugly. I expect MP to run the ball well.

GO TIGERS!!

The Tigers forced 5 turnovers:

3 INTS: K. Pinckard, K. Evans, D. Smith

1 Fumble Recovery: T. Emory

1 Blocked Punt: D. Minter

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

WHOA!

This is a big shock after the first two weeks.

Congrats Greenville, but what happened MP?!

Run game wasnt what it has been the last 2 weeks. Neither was the defense. 

Greenville was ready and MP wasnt. Plain and simple. Their defense was stellar. Played with a fire to win. They get all the credit officiating was great from what i saw. Running game was superb as well. The coaching was better as well. Seedmed to me that Greenville was better against the full house over the shotgun. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

9-5A enters the bye week with some highly anticipated games on the horizon for the top contenders.

Pine Tree will travel to Marshall to open district in huge game for both teams.

The Pirates enter the game (1-1-1) with the last game being called off at halftime due to power issues with the stadium lights.  The game was in a 10-10 deadlock when the plug was pulled (no pun intended).

The Pirates have compiled their record with 55-33 win over Princeton and a 63-28 win over Crandall.

Marshall enters the game at (2-1) and is coming off a 48-22 win on the road at 5A Div I McKinney North (0-2).  They also have a 34-26 win over 5A Div I New Caney, who is (2-1) on the season.  The Maverick's loss was a dominating 52-21 falter to Longview.

Marshall leads the overall series (29-9-1). 

The Mavs have won 8 consecutive games Vs. PT and 16 of 18 since dropping classification in 2002.

I'll get more info up about the game as we get a little closer.

If PT beat Princeton and Crandall, and tied a game, how are they 1-1-1?