the machine keeps on rolling

powerlifter

17 minutes ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

Fake News on this account. The PG D-line and front 7 is Very Very Good. They played well against a very good Carthage Offense Carthage is one Heck of a team. PG played sloppy in the 3rd and the game was over. The QB hurt them tremendously but also PG played very very vanilla. Carthage adjusted and PG just kept it the same running the same few plays.  The Fumble and INTs hurt PG. Carthage will make you pay as a good team should. PG by the time it makes it deep in playoffs should have a better QB as far as his experience and it wouldn't shock me to see them do other offensive variations to help counter Carthage loading the box. Carthage QB is filthy good as well as their running back Courtney. All in All its still Carthage 1 and PG 2 as far as I'm concerned

I hope you realize P G has run the same offense for several years.  
And changing to the spread or whatever offense they want will not affect Carthage’s defense - same 11 players started and played against Gilmer(spread) as did against P G. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I hope you realize P G has run the same offense for several years.  
And changing to the spread or whatever offense they want will not affect Carthage’s defense - same 11 players started and played against Gilmer(spread) as did against P G. 

The CHS defense under the tutelage of Coach Preston has become very effective in defending against many styles of offenses.

The Carthage defense seems to have a lot of overall speed. The DB’s have a lot of interceptions so far in the young season.

58 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

How many do they have so far 8?

A title this year would give them 8 and put them in the same historic group as Celina, Plano, Katy, Brownwood and Southlake Carroll. Of course, Aledo is ahead of everyone now with nine.