WEEK 3: Marshall (1-1) Vs. McKinney North (0-1)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. McKinney North  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• North by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • North in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Great to hear practice went better today! The last two weeks the D line looks like it has no energy. It appeared as if they were waiting on one another to do the tackling. What happen to the Red Brick Wall? Where is the gang tackling and everyone swarming to the ball? There is no doubt in my mind you guys are big and strong enough to take it to any team you face! Show our district how you can handle a quality team like McKinney North. Their intention is do like Longview! I really hope the defense coach doesn’t go with 3 down linemen! Go MAVS!

5 hours ago, bingosmith said:

Do you really think 3000 fans will be there?

No excuse for McKinney not to sell out their 1500 home tickets. 

A 3 hour Friday drive for a non district game during a pandemic..... Marshall selling out their 1500 is unlikely.   

Now a playoff game is another story. 

Little update on the sub-varsities:

Mav JV lost to McKinney North last night.  No score reported.  JV is (0-2) on the season.  They are off next week and then will start district play Vs. Pine Tree.

Mav 9th grade A team beat McKinney North 22-20 last night.  They are (1-1) on the season.  Bye next week and then will start district Vs. Pine Tree.

------

MJHS Update:
The 7th grade Red team (A) beat Hallsville 26-20 Monday night to improve to (3-0-1) on the season.

The 7th grade White Team (B) didn't have a game this week.  They remain (1-1) on the season.

The 8th grade Red team (A) lost to Hallsville 20-0 this week.  They are (0-3) on the season.

The 8th grade White team (B) lost to Hallsville 22-8 this week.  They are (0-3) on the season.

All MJHS teams will face Mount Pleasant next week.

Our O-line is struggling at times with the rush blocking. 

Passing game looking great. 

Defense bends. But makes the needed stops... so far. 

Great effort thus far.  

These refs.  Wowzers. 

7 hours ago, bingosmith said:

Heard McNorth will be without their QB and 2 starting OL tonight against Marshall. 

Knowing this would have made me change to picking Marshall.

A lot of teams are missing players in part because of the China thing and whatever else.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Going with North in a close one. I don't think Marshall has the defense to shut down that North offense, but they should get some points for sure.

If the Mavs can cut out the turnovers, they'll have a good chance.

Well I was completely wrong on this one.

Congrats on the big W, Mavos!

• Like 1