Lindale vs Henderson

Jakeelee05

Lindale vs Henderson  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lindale
    • Henderson

3 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

First off, the game with Henderson vs Gilmer game, the fumbles that Gilmer made was from the results of Henderson Defense, and the last play  in the 4th final half, if you take the penalty away Henderson won that game only losing by 2 points. The difference in that game is Henderson's offense line and Offense was not clicking but only the Defense was clicking and non active, now Henderson's Offense has clicked and yall going to be surprised this Friday night, this will be Lindale toughest Defense Lindale has played and Lindale maybe Henderson's toughest Offense.

Tap the breaks on Hendo having the best defense. I agree that Henderson has a good defense, but Van locked Lindale down. Jenkins had a whopping 60 yards on 20 carries. They scored a total of 14 points that were outside of 30 yard drives. 

5 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Tap the breaks on Hendo having the best defense. I agree that Henderson has a good defense, but Van locked Lindale down. Jenkins had a whopping 60 yards on 20 carries. They scored a total of 14 points that were outside of 30 yard drives. 

Majority of Henderson people would argue with you on that lol.

19 hours ago, StillALion said:

CalPreps score predictor says:
Lindale 28 - Henderson 14

A computer program predicts the score for them.  A computer also does their poll which has the district teams ranked like this for this week: 
12 Lindale
13 Kilgore 
19 Henderson 
24 Palestine

26 Chapel Hill
34 Athens 
40 Mabank 

http://calpreps.com/2020/ratings/Texas_division.htm#4A-1

Calpreps is a cool site.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Majority of Henderson people would argue with you on that lol.

I am sure they would and it wouldn’t be an unreasonable argument. Let’s see how you do against Lindale. I am just basing my opinion on having seen Lindale and having played other high powered offenses. Center was averaging 51.5 pts per game and Van gave up 14 against the defense. The other points were scored on the offense literally. 

2 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

I am sure they would and it wouldn’t be an unreasonable argument. Let’s see how you do against Lindale. I am just basing my opinion on having seen Lindale and having played other high powered offenses. Center was averaging 51.5 pts per game and Van gave up 14 against the defense. The other points were scored on the offense literally. 

I'm sure Lindale is a big test and a big task for sure, plus Henderson is a big under dog in this game.

2 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Win or lose, we will see where Henderson is at maybe 2nd in district if get pass Kilgore or whatever.

14 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

I will say, Van's defense played well against Lindale. The Eagles have hit their stride over the past few weeks though. They were not playing well offensively early in the season.

15 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

You need to get some pair of reading glasses to see it,the old school ones that looks like fish aquariums to magnify it out.

Why? I can see just fine. Just like I'll see the scoreboard when Henderson puts up 50 on Linden this week.

• Roll Eyes 1

36 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

I will say, Van's defense played well against Lindale. The Eagles have hit their stride over the past few weeks though. They were not playing well offensively early in the season.

That very well maybe true, but I also think Gilmer CH and Mabank don’t have the same defensive schemes as heritage and Van. Either way, this should be a good game and will certainly impact playoff seeding. 

10 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

That very well maybe true, but I also think Gilmer CH and Mabank don’t have the same defensive schemes as heritage and Van. Either way, this should be a good game and will certainly impact playoff seeding. 

That is a great point. Excited to see what happens on Friday!

On 10/5/2020 at 8:44 AM, DeKlabBeers said:

Henderson better beat Linden... they're a 2A.

trust me there is no way Henderson would play Linden.   do you realize how many Surratts are in Cass County??????   the henderson coach is afraid to play against ONE Surratt......................he surely isn't going to take on a town full of them.   haha

11 minutes ago, bmoc said:

trust me there is no way Henderson would play Linden.   do you realize how many Surratts are in Cass County??????   the henderson coach is afraid to play against ONE Surratt......................he surely isn't going to take on a town full of them.   haha

So they're not playing Linden?

7 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

I believe that is true that Gilmer and Ch don't have the same type of Defense as Heritage and Van.

7 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Most have them pegged for 3rd outside of 4th depending on the Palestine game. Henderson usually always falls that way if you really think about it.  Henderson shared or won the District Championship I believe three times since the early 90s. 

Lots of people will be surprised with this week's game, when Lindale's offense will see that Henderson's defense is for real and can't hardly wait till Friday.

3 hours ago, StillALion said:

Here’s how the Dave Campbell’s / AP Poll has the district ranked this week:
14. Lindale 
19. Kilgore 
24. Henderson
35. Palestine 
42. Chapel Hill
51. Athens 
65. Mabank 

And they pick Lindale to win Friday by 6 ... 
“Henderson (2-2, 1-0) at Lindale (4-2, 1-0): Henderson opened up district play on the right note as the Lions defense was sensational in a 29-0 shutout of Athens. Henderson forced four Athens turnovers and limited the Hornets to just 37 yards on the ground in the win. Speaking of defense, the Lindale defense put on quite the show last week in their 52-6 win over Tyler Chapel Hill. The Eagles defense limited an offense averaging over 40 points per game to just a single score. Baylor commit RB Jordan Jenkins led the way as he ran for 294 yards and four touchdowns. Both defenses are very strong and among the best in the district, so expect a tight, low-scoring game. But Lindale’s offensive firepower is the difference in this one. Stepp’s Pick: Lindale by 6.”

That seems right. We shall see Friday night. Its whatever team executes first that finishes last.