Pittsburg will make the playoffs

BeenHereB4

On 10/4/2020 at 8:08 AM, Sbk5280 said:

I highly doubt it. I think Pittsburg and North Lamar will be sitting this playoff season out.

I'm thinking 

Gilmer

Pleasant Grove 

Spring Hill

LE

In that order. At least I hope I'm right lol.

IMO Gilmer Wont Beat Pleasant Grove because of PGs advantage at the line of scrimmage alone. It appears Marcus Burris will back  PG is going to be all about getting well the next 4 weeks and getting their young QB some much needed reps throwing. That's the Key to that offense. I watched the Carthage game. PG was vanilla as ICE. Kind of surprising how vanilla in the 2nd half when it became apparent that Surratt took away the run stacking the line. One would think down the road if indeed they rematch at state PG will have multiple formations outside the Wing T to spread Carthage out. Bottom line Don't sleep on PG because they got Beat by the Number One Teams in 4 A. I can make the case Carthage is better than Argyle and Argyle is a machine. PG for one half disrupted the Carthage offense sacking Horton 3 times . Then they appeared to drop two lineman in the 3rd to injuries and the mistakes their QB made were too much to keep it close. All in All Carthage Offense amassed 300 yards of Offense and PG around 180. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season play out. PG will be a very determined and difficult assignment for any team expecting to oust them from their side of the Bracket. 

Not sleeping on PG at all. I was at last weeks game as well. The O line and D line are big and good. By the time we play each other both teams will be better. Main disadvantage is our size compared to PG. We just dont grow them like that lol. PG is a little inconsistent right now in a few areas. If they can get down the QB play they will be much better. Running all your main players both ways all game hurts them as well.

After the game we talked with some PG people that have some concerns as well. PG is good but it's not the same team as the past couple of years.

If we can keep it close the first half I still like our odds. We just have to get going early which we are struggling to do now. 

The Baca Era will be over at the end of this season. Should’ve been over last year, they don’t develop or groom players to step up when one goes down. They literally lost there starting RB against MV, that was it for there offense, and stop running they whole playbook because they don’t put other players in position to step up. This team is good especially the defense but when you know your going to run the counter and draw the whole game why play hard. It’s like what do y’all do in practice? 

They don’t throw the ball Freshmen, JV or Varsity how are you suppose to know who your next QBs are going to be when you don’t let them be QBs. It’s gotten to the point the players and parents want them out.

14 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

The Baca Era will be over at the end of this season. Should’ve been over last year, they don’t develop or groom players to step up when one goes down. They literally lost there starting RB against MV, that was it for there offense, and stop running they whole playbook because they don’t put other players in position to step up. This team is good especially the defense but when you know your going to run the counter and draw the whole game why play hard. It’s like what do y’all do in practice? 

They don’t throw the ball Freshmen, JV or Varsity how are you suppose to know who your next QBs are going to be when you don’t let them be QBs. It’s gotten to the point the players and parents want them out.

Pitt is only a few years removed from a 10-4 season. Not saying fans aren't frustrated, but not sure they can justify getting rid of Baca. Now if they go 0-10 maybe. 

7 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Pitt is only a few years removed from a 10-4 season. Not saying fans aren't frustrated, but not sure they can justify getting rid of Baca. Now if they go 0-10 maybe. 

He only did that because he had a special group of kids but I heard the reason the numbers are so low there is because none of the kids like him and it’s starting to show 

I see pitt getting better offensively each week with a change back to QB of last year. I can honestly say that they will be in a fight for the last two spots and will make the playoffs and be rejuvenated. It will be up to the players to want it and the coaches to make it all happen. Go Pitt!