Atlanta vs Gladewater

GWBears01

Atlanta vs Gladewater   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this D6 matchup?

It is funny everyone thanks If you stop Allen you stop Gladewater. We still have a very powerful running game. It have not been stop yet. You double team Allen then that opens up the run. You stop the run we beat you in the air. That’s the difference this year is we are able to do both. The coaches are doing a great job watching film and game playing. We are not just a one horse pony.   The are mixing it up really well. If our defense can make stops. It will be hard to beat Gladewater. 

6 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Y'all sure y'all don't want to try Allen at QB again? 🤣

Nah. I mean honestly I always wanted to see him at QB because a player like him needs the ball in his hand every play, but Kolin has been doing a lot of QB camps through summers and he’s looked good in the action he’s got. He’s still got a heck of a lot of growing to do just being a sophomore 

14 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

My heart is saying ATL in an upset, but my mind is trying to figure out how it will happen and I haven’t found a good reason. GW by 2 TDs 

Not this year. We've managed to finally have our entire offense back last week and have the right guys playing the right positions and with that being the case we're several weeks behind getting the offense to gel and become consistent. I would love to be wrong but Gladewater 49-21 type score.

3 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

I like how we have the comments from the ghosts of Gladewater victories past. Tatum and New Boston acting like they were Gladewater's equal or their games were close lol

The games with Atlanta are always hard fought. I just don’t think Atlanta has the kids to pull out the W this year.  Good luck to you guys. 

9 hours ago, Bears36 said:

It is funny everyone thanks If you stop Allen you stop Gladewater. We still have a very powerful running game. It have not been stop yet. You double team Allen then that opens up the run. You stop the run we beat you in the air. That’s the difference this year is we are able to do both. The coaches are doing a great job watching film and game playing. We are not just a one horse pony.   The are mixing it up really well. If our defense can make stops. It will be hard to beat Gladewater. 

We almost stopped the Bears.  Just ran out of time.  😂

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Bears36 said:

So does that make you a two horse pony?

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Can’t wait to see what the offense looks like in the playoffs. I want to see a lot more running the ball out of that spread look. Make teams choose their poison. 

Gladewater not just running it out of the I formation?? Must be 2020, lot of weird things happening 

• LOL! 1

Atlanta's still a hit or miss team. I think Atlanta has the athletes to match up with just about anybody in 3A, but there's still so much uncertainty with the offense especially. We knew from the first scrimmage we'd have a pretty good defense, and our o-line would struggle. Well, 6 games in, and that still holds true. Still a lot of uncertainty at the QB position. Starting QB I don't believe wants to be QB, 2nd string QB is still very inexperienced, and 3rd string QB is the least mobile of the bunch, but he did start in our only win thus far. He went 6/9 for 30 yards and 2 interceptions though. 2nd string QB is the best athlete in my opinion, but he still tries to do too much. He accounted for 4 turnovers against White Oak, 1 that was a "gimme" touchdown. 

We are solid at the RB position. #5 is healthy, and #9 is playing. Everyone stresses how good #5 is, but #9 was the unsung hero last week. Came in after not knowing if he'd be able to play football again, and put up almost 200 yards rushing. He's not a super fast runner, nor is he very elusive, he's just a good hard-nose runner, and a great compliment to #5. Atlanta was able to just play ball control last week, which is something I don't think I've ever seen Atlanta do. 

I think that if Atlanta's O-line can pull together and have a great game, their greatest yet, we can definitely keep it close, if not win. Sabine may have lined up and ran straight at our defense for the majority of the game, but that doesn't mean they're not capable of stopping them if they chose to do something else. They've had 10 shoutout quarters this season, which doesn't sound impressive, but if you'd seen how bad our offense has played through the first 5 games, you'd definitely be impressed. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta's still a hit or miss team. I think Atlanta has the athletes to match up with just about anybody in 3A, but there's still so much uncertainty with the offense especially. We knew from the first scrimmage we'd have a pretty good defense, and our o-line would struggle. Well, 6 games in, and that still holds true. Still a lot of uncertainty at the QB position. Starting QB I don't believe wants to be QB, 2nd string QB is still very inexperienced, and 3rd string QB is the least mobile of the bunch, but he did start in our only win thus far. He went 6/9 for 30 yards and 2 interceptions though. 2nd string QB is the best athlete in my opinion, but he still tries to do too much. He accounted for 4 turnovers against White Oak, 1 that was a "gimme" touchdown. 

We are solid at the RB position. #5 is healthy, and #9 is playing. Everyone stresses how good #5 is, but #9 was the unsung hero last week. Came in after not knowing if he'd be able to play football again, and put up almost 200 yards rushing. He's not a super fast runner, nor is he very elusive, he's just a good hard-nose runner, and a great compliment to #5. Atlanta was able to just play ball control last week, which is something I don't think I've ever seen Atlanta do. 

I think that if Atlanta's O-line can pull together and have a great game, their greatest yet, we can definitely keep it close, if not win. Sabine may have lined up and ran straight at our defense for the majority of the game, but that doesn't mean they're not capable of stopping them if they chose to do something else. They've had 10 shoutout quarters this season, which doesn't sound impressive, but if you'd seen how bad our offense has played through the first 5 games, you'd definitely be impressed. 

Do you think y’all can hold us under 40?  

10 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Do you think y’all can hold us under 40?  

Hard to say man. I big factor is how well our offense plays. We could have the best defense in 3A, but if we do what we did against L-E, or White Oak, I don't expect them to keep anyone from scoring some points. There were 2 or 3 different instances where Atlanta would stop L-E, get the ball, and turn it over on the first play of the series. 

14 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Hard to say man. I big factor is how well our offense plays. We could have the best defense in 3A, but if we do what we did against L-E, or White Oak, I don't expect them to keep anyone from scoring some points. There were 2 or 3 different instances where Atlanta would stop L-E, get the ball, and turn it over on the first play of the series. 

Yeah that’s tough. Honestly our offense is going to be tough for anyone to hold under 40 even on a good night. So far Kilgore is the only one that has. I just question whether you guys can score enough to keep up with us. We can score quickly with this team. It isn’t like the old days of 8-9 minutes drives. 

59 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah that’s tough. Honestly our offense is going to be tough for anyone to hold under 40 even on a good night. So far Kilgore is the only one that has. I just question whether you guys can score enough to keep up with us. We can score quickly with this team. It isn’t like the old days of 8-9 minutes drives. 

Didn't Gilmer hold y'all's offense under 40?

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Yes, but I think he might habe also considered that not all our points scored against Kilgore were offensive.

Oh I'm just reaching 😂. I've just been waiting on him to word it wrong to say "Hold up now, the offense has been held to under 40."

• Like 1