Atlanta vs Gladewater

GWBears01

Atlanta vs Gladewater   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this D6 matchup?

Just now, bearnation said:

except for the fact that we can dominate on the ground too.... 

I mean for the most part our defense has played pretty well. Definitely well enough for us to win games. We are still the same Atlanta that generally has the athletes to compete, we just having a really tough time getting everything to click. I've never seen us be so uncertain at QB. 6 games, 3 different QBs. Not sure how many picks have been thrown, but I can for sure remember at least 12. 

Atlanta is way more capable than their record shows. There's just been so much going wrong on offense that it's near impossible to put points on the board. For the amount of time our defense has been on the field, they have done pretty well. 

18 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I mean for the most part our defense has played pretty well. Definitely well enough for us to win games. We are still the same Atlanta that generally has the athletes to compete, we just having a really tough time getting everything to click. I've never seen us be so uncertain at QB. 6 games, 3 different QBs. Not sure how many picks have been thrown, but I can for sure remember at least 12. 

Atlanta is way more capable than their record shows. There's just been so much going wrong on offense that it's near impossible to put points on the board. For the amount of time our defense has been on the field, they have done pretty well. 

Oh I know Atl has always talented.... has the defense really been that good? I know Gilmer hung a big number, white oak is well white oak so I wouldn't toot that horn too loud there and Sabine is well, Sabine.... IDK much about LE... My point is when ATL has gone up against "good" offense it seems the other team still scores... 

Edited by bearnation
grammatical error

12 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Oh I know Atl has always talented.... has the defense really been that good? I know Gilmer hung a big number, white oak is well white oak so I wouldn't toot that horn too loud there and Sabine is well, Sabine.... IDK much about LE... My point is when ATL has gone up against "good" offense it seems the other team still scores... 

That statement is worthy of a 💩 but I’m not like that. 🤣

Many people on here could tell you what went wrong that game. 

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Yeah Gilmer just beat us into submission. It was a good game until halftime, and I had to leave. I didn't see the beatdown occur. 

White Oak really only scored on 2 plays. Atlanta fumbled the ball into their own endzone, and fumbled the ball on their own 1 yard line, and WO recovered both. That was 14 gimmes right there.

Sabine scored 2 of their first 3 drives, and really didn't do a lot after that. Atlanta had like 8 or 9 personal fouls against themselves, so they had their work cut out for them yardage wise. Atlanta held Sabine to 115 total yards. 

Daingerfield was held scoreless until the last 6 minutes. They also had like 6 or 7 fumbles.

We were losing 7-0 to L-E until late in the 4th. 

I mean I can't say why we allowed 73 against Gilmer. We just didn't have an answer for them, and judging by the fact we went scoreless in the 2nd half, we probably gave the ball back to them pretty often. Depth started to play a factor as well. If it was anything like our other games, our offense kept our defense on the field, and Gilmer will run you ragged if you let them. 

I went back and watched the first half of the Sabine game today, and though it didn't work in the end, their game plan was what really got them up 14-0 to begin with.

On there 2nd and 3rd drive, they gutted Atlanta and scored pretty quickly. Now, maybe adjustments should have been made after that, but the game plan wasn't necessarily a bad one. The objective is to wear the kids up front out. The reason it didn't work for Sabine is because Atlanta was able to sustain some very long drives and just pound the rock. Atlanta's defense actually got the sit on the sideline and breath (first time that's happened this year).

That came in large part from the fact our 1st and 2nd string RBs were back and healthy. Atlanta hadn't had either of them the previous 2 weeks. This was actually the first game our 2nd string back has played all season, and he's been needed. 

4 minutes ago, bearnation said:

What went wrong?

We were leading 14-0 after 1 quarter and then offense got on the bus and went home. lol. I honestly don’t know what went wrong, but the offense got very bad. We were trying to run the ball way more than we should be. 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I went back and watched the first half of the Sabine game today, and though it didn't work in the end, their game plan was what really got them up 14-0 to begin with.

On there 2nd and 3rd drive, they gutted Atlanta and scored pretty quickly. Now, maybe adjustments should have been made after that, but the game plan wasn't necessarily a bad one. The objective is to wear the kids up front out. The reason it didn't work for Sabine is because Atlanta was able to sustain some very long drives and just pound the rock. Atlanta's defense actually got the sit on the sideline and breath (first time that's happened this year).

That came in large part from the fact our 1st and 2nd string RBs were back and healthy. Atlanta hadn't had either of them the previous 2 weeks. This was actually the first game our 2nd string back has played all season, and he's been needed. 

Agreed you guys were able to rotate running backs while our same defense stayed out there the entire time. The 2nd quarter hurt us bad. I tried rewatching the game but I couldn’t do it.