Spring Hill @ Gilmer 10/09/20

SHillBuckeye

On paper it should not be close.  But stranger things have happened the last three years they have played.  SH is going to try and slow the game, limit Gilmer possessions, and look for a few opportunistic turnovers.  A lower scoring game favors the Panthers.  SH is not built for a shootout.  On offense we are going to need to get 7 when we get in the red zone.  On defense we need to limit the big plays, tackle in space, and keep Tennison in the pocket.

The problem is the last 2 years Gilmer has thought it was going to be a blowout and did not come out firing.  Because of that it was a much closer game than it should have been.  I hope Gilmer does not fall into the same trap they have the last 2 years.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

The problem is the last 2 years Gilmer has thought it was going to be a blowout and did not come out firing.  Because of that it was a much closer game than it should have been.  I hope Gilmer does not fall into the same trap they have the last 2 years.  

Last yr we were up 42-21 and we let our feet off the gas 

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

It's not just the SH games though. We have had a couple recent that almost ended badly because of under performing against teams. Some people already had the same mind set it's going to be a blowout...Well guess what it almost ended bad. My way of thinking is to never take your foot off the gas until you know it's safe. Gotta hit that nitrous off the line. Go into every game like it's your last shot. Show up and show out...Talk comes later...Respect Every Team in that moment. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

It's not just the SH games though. We have had a couple recent that almost ended badly because of under performing against teams. Some people already had the same mind set it's going to be a blowout...Well guess what it almost ended bad. My way of thinking is to never take your foot off the gas until you know it's safe. Gotta hit that nitrous off the line. Go into every game like it's your last shot. Show up and show out...Talk comes later...Respect Every Team in that moment. 

Gilmer has started sluggish in several games this year, only to come alive in the second half.  It’s like they were in practice in the 1st half just going through the motions.  You guys can afford to do that vs inferior teams but it needs to be corrected if you want to do something special in the post season.

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t watch the GW film!  Nothing to see there.  😂  I’d check out Nevada-Community, Anna & Bullard tape.  Those better reflect our capabilities.

I gotta feeling after this week you'll be saying not to watch the Gladewater or gilmer games...

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

21 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

On paper it should not be close.  But stranger things have happened the last three years they have played.  SH is going to try and slow the game, limit Gilmer possessions, and look for a few opportunistic turnovers.  A lower scoring game favors the Panthers.  SH is not built for a shootout.  On offense we are going to need to get 7 when we get in the red zone.  On defense we need to limit the big plays, tackle in space, and keep Tennison in the pocket.

You copied and pasted this from a Bill Belichick press conference didn't you.  OH!!  Wait.  They usually win.

19 minutes ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

You copied and pasted this from a Bill Belichick press conference didn't you.  OH!!  Wait.  They usually win.

It’s pretty much the truth.  No need to dance around it.  BTW - Nice to have you back in our thread.  Have not seen you around since like May.  Seems like you thought all the young coaching staff in SH would leave after JL left.  How did that work out?

19 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t watch the GW film!  Nothing to see there.  😂  I’d check out Nevada-Community, Anna & Bullard tape.  Those better reflect our capabilities.

Unfortunately Gilmers D Line is better then GW’s. They are really good. I do think GW’s offense is better though, I’ll prolly get harassed for saying that lol 

• Confused 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

19 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s pretty much the truth.  No need to dance around it.  BTW - Nice to have you back in our thread.  Have not seen you around since like May.  Seems like you thought all the young coaching staff in SH would leave after JL left.  How did that work out?

Who is left that will make a difference.  I like Griffis.  I think he is a good coach.  But he lost some really good young coaches.