Spring Hill @ Gilmer 10/09/20

SHillBuckeye

I'm anxious to see how the Buckeyes respond after getting beat by Carthage.  I hope it woke them up to the fact that they can't get off to slow starts against ANYBODY and expect to come out on top every time.  They absolutely HAVE to improve defensively, and it's imperative that they don't get themselves in a hole early like they have every game this year.  The longer you let teams you should be beating soundly stay in the game the more confidence it gives them.  I would love to see the defense step it up and improve each game, and the offense has to stop putting themselves in 2nd and long, and 3rd and long situations with penalties and negative plays.  If the Buckeyes put together 4 quarters of hitting on all cylinders offensively, while getting regular stops defensively, they will be very tough to beat.  I think the Buckeyes have a better chance at a district championship this year than they've had the past couple of seasons.  They will still have to improve a bunch to do that, though.

I look for the Buckeyes to put away Spring Hill relatively early.  Whether they do or not depends on the above.

2 hours ago, BringBacktheVEER said:

Who is left that will make a difference.  I like Griffis.  I think he is a good coach.  But he lost some really good young coaches.

You are close enough to know who is still there from last year.  A few left but it was not a total overhaul as you thought.  Maybe those that stayed think Griffis is a good coach also.  Should we expect you back in Nov for playoff talk or are you checking out until Spring 2021?

On 10/5/2020 at 1:45 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t watch the GW film!  Nothing to see there.  😂  I’d check out Nevada-Community, Anna & Bullard tape.  Those better reflect our capabilities.

Watch the GW film. We don't have anything. 😉

Bucs by 7

Tds

Gilmer just needs to work on the rematch with Carthage in the playoffs, or just rest up this week. Lol

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I concur, this game will likely be a blowout, but the Buckeyes have a lot of stuff to work on.  I just hope they play four good quarters instead of two.

Us SH fans are looking for the same thing just in a different way.  Four quarters of clean football.  I am dreaming of the most boring 4 yards and a cloud of dust, clock eating, offensive keep away game you can imagine.  Like Winnsboro the last few years. 😁

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Us SH fans are looking for the same thing just in a different way.  Four quarters of clean football.  I am dreaming of the most boring 4 yards and a cloud of dust, clock eating, offensive keep away game you can imagine.  Like Winnsboro the last few years. 😁

Just wake me up when the Buckeyes have the ball...:zzz: