***Week 7: Alto Yellowjackets (0-1 | 0-5) @ Centerville Tigers (0-1 | 4-2) - 10/9/2020***

StingEmALTO

District 11-2A D1: Alto @ Centerville  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Centerville

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Game plan was great. Really hard not to be immature and light this thread up right now. I’ll see y’all down the road sometime again. I know that I don’t need to be on here for a while so I’m going to take a break. 

I’m confused what or who you are mad at? 

On 10/4/2020 at 8:03 PM, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets travel to Centerville to take on the Tigers this Friday at 7:00 p.m.  The Jackets fell in the district opener to Grapeland 50-28 while Centerville was “upset” (?) by Leon 44-14. Best I can tell Alto and Centerville have played a total of 10 times with Alto leading the series 6-4. The last meeting was in 2016 in the bi-district playoffs with Centerville winning 49-28. Alto put up a season-high 28 points against a tough Grapeland team but is still looking for that first W.

It’s 2020.....like Bizarro world. Covid pandemic, HS baseball cancelled, no track season, son and nephews’ prom and senior activities cancelled, masks, football cancellations, lost my grandmother and wife’s grandmother, my teams at every level HS, college, pro losing, etc etc....but in church this morning I gleaned some perspective. Lots to be thankful for and not the end of the world. Lol We press on and continue to work hard to improve each week.  These young guys are gaining valuable experience and I am proud of each one of them for the work they have and continue to put in. Their time is coming.

Who gets that first district win?

On a positive side note: Alto had a groundbreaking ceremony last Friday for the new high school!  Construction has started on a $10.5 million high school, coliseum, and elementary gym following the two tornadoes that ripped through our town in April 2019. Excited to see the finished product! Move-in date: August 2021.

02F7B295-D1E2-436A-AB5A-6E6C151F3B02.jpeg

This is awesome news. This community deserves it! 

• Thanks 1