Malakoff (3-2, 1-0) at Groesbeck (3-2, 1-0)

SptsEd

Malakoff travels to Groesbeck on Thursday for a battle of two teams unbeaten in District 8-3A, Division 1.

Malakoff was a 77-0 winner at home last week against Teague. Groesbeck took a 68-20 road win against Eustace.

Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.

MALAKOFF-GROESBECK SERIES

(Tigers lead 2-0)

2016 – Malakoff 62, Groesbeck 28

2017 – Malakoff 49, Groesbeck 14

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Wont be as quick as Teague I am afraid but you are right. Malakoff will not see a test till week 2 of playoffs just stay healthy Tigers.

63-21

You still on the Fairfield wagon? 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yeah what happen to Fairfield? I thought they was supposed to be pretty good this year.

Idk. I knew they had a couple of good athletes but I wasn't expecting them to be real good but I figured they would get 2nd in district. 99 has been talking them up all season. I'm more in shock of Teague than FF. I know Teague is down but I've never seen a Teague team like I did Friday night.

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Idk. I knew they had a couple of good athletes but I wasn't expecting them to be real good but I figured they would get 2nd in district. 99 has been talking them up all season. I'm more in shock of Teague than FF. I know Teague is down but I've never seen a Teague team like I did Friday night.

I agree you could see Teague goin down every year since 18. Which is only 3 years including this year. But how much of a drop Teague took each year is what got me. But talent comes and goes and it also depends on the coaching staff as well if he dont have the right boys for his type of offense.

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

I agree you could see Teague goin down every year since 18. Which is only 3 years including this year. But how much of a drop Teague took each year is what got me. But talent comes and goes and it also depends on the coaching staff as well if he dont have the right boys for his type of offense.

Correct and I agree on the talent. This year there was a lack of it but there's more to it than that, imo. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

nope lol. I got off that wagon week 4 so surprised but hear they need a regime change over there

Everyone is surprised. You think the same will happen in Teague? 

5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Yes you change the damn offense though if you dont have the guys to run the spread. What you think Tiger we got the RB 11 and 4 are top notch but we dont have spread guys that is what coaches and not just at Teague but everywhere in Texas you adapt your offense and defense to your kids you dont ever try to adapt the kids to your offense just baffles me. It is not hard to teach someone a new offense especially now with modern technology. Rant over sorry lol

Guest Tiger03lb

Yes you change the damn offense though if you dont have the guys to run the spread. What you think Tiger we got the RB 11 and 4 are top notch but we dont have spread guys that is what coaches and not just at Teague but everywhere in Texas you adapt your offense and defense to your kids you dont ever try to adapt the kids to your offense just baffles me. It is not hard to teach someone a new offense especially now with modern technology. Rant over sorry lol

You guys got a couple of decent athletes, I don't remember the numbers. I was surprised to see a full spread offense the whole game. 

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

You guys got a couple of decent athletes, I don't remember the numbers. I was surprised to see a full spread offense the whole game. 

If we run a I formation/offset formation against kemp we rush for 400 plus and win by 21 plus. 11 ran all over them and we start passing the ball like we think we are the New York Jets and start turning the ball over 

Guest Tiger03lb

If we run a I formation/offset formation against kemp we rush for 400 plus and win by 21 plus. 11 ran all over them and we start passing the ball like we think we are the New York Jets and start turning the ball over 

#3 is about the only receiver that looked good. The rb look good too. I don't think it mattered playing us run or pass, it wasn't working. I think getting back to basics and toughness is what is needed right now for you guys. I do agree to playing what right for what you have. 

9 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

#3 is about the only receiver that looked good. The rb look good too. I don't think it mattered playing us run or pass, it wasn't working. I think getting back to basics and toughness is what is needed right now for you guys. I do agree to playing what right for what you have. 

100 % Agree

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Lol yeah you would think they would run the I or something else other then spread if its not working.... Refugio coach tried to run the veer in 18 and it didnt work so they switched back to the spread and went on to win state.... You work with what you got and Teague has talent but in 3a you dont always have a qb or wr to run the spread

13 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Lol yeah you would think they would run the I or something else other then spread if its not working.... Refugio coach tried to run the veer in 18 and it didnt work so they switched back to the spread and went on to win state.... You work with what you got and Teague has talent but in 3a you dont always have a qb or wr to run the spread

Definitely don't have the QB to run the spread this year maybe next year if they start the freshman but two years from now we will.