Riders vs Dawgs  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:30 AM

I will be interested to see how competitive Center can keep this game.  I feel like this is their best team in a few years.  Their RB is a load and can cause the Carthage defense some problems if they don't wrap him up.  I think Carthage should be able to score a lot against Center.  We will see if all the hype about Center is justified this week.  If they can keep it within 17-21 points it will be a good night for Center.

13 hours ago, ontheinside said:

I will be interested to see how competitive Center can keep this game.  I feel like this is their best team in a few years.  Their RB is a load and can cause the Carthage defense some problems if they don't wrap him up.  I think Carthage should be able to score a lot against Center.  We will see if all the hype about Center is justified this week.  If they can keep it within 17-21 points it will be a good night for Center.

If Center can just come out this game healthy it will be a good night. 🤕

IMO......this may be the most contested matchup for Carthage so far this season.  Of course, they haven't played but 3 games, but still.......Center seems to have a fairly good offense and defense.  I don't see a blowout here at all........just a Carthage win in the end.  But at least Center should give the Carthage players a contest and make this  a game worth watching.  Cheers to the Center Roughriders and play a game you can be proud of.......be perfect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Doubt Center can slow down Carthage but Center's RB is a monster. He'll do his damage.....just not as much damage as Carthage is gonna do. 

I am excited to see the Dawg defense against the Center offense and that running back. 
P G ran the ball pretty good in the first quarter but after coach Preston made  adjustments, the Dawg D shut PG down. 

28 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I am excited to see the Dawg defense against the Center offense and that running back. 
P G ran the ball pretty good in the first quarter but after coach Preston made  adjustments, the Dawg D shut PG down. 

I remember a few RB’s in the past who put up big numbers leading up to playing Carthage only to be humbled when it counted.  Seems like Palestine had one as well as a team down southwest of Houston.

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I remember a few RB’s in the past who put up big numbers leading up to playing Carthage only to be humbled when it counted.  Seems like Palestine had one as well as a team down southwest of Houston.

I agree with you. 
My opinion only but I think this is the fastest defense the Dawgs have had. 
The D line is big and have a super fast first step at the snap of the ball. 
Linebackers 5 and 6 run side line to side and do not miss tackles. 
secondary can man cover and tackle very well. 

Horace looks really, really good. Here's the problem I see, though. His speed won't be anything Carthage hasn't seen before. Not to mention, his speed will be matched by the Bulldogs secondary, and probably at least one of their linebackers.

More importantly, though, I just don't think Center's offensive line can hold up to Carthage's front-seven. That Bulldog front is so quick off the ball, so big, and so strong. That is the key that allows those Carthage LBs to flow to the ball, and when they arrive, they arrive quickly and with bad intentions.

Perhaps Horace breaks off one or two big ones. Apart from that, though, he's gonna have to grind out some tough, tough yards. He'll impress, I have no doubts, but it won't be enough.

Carthage wins by 28. And I still think Center wins some playoff games. Roughriders are not a bad team at all.

• Like 1

Any chance that this game would be moved up to Thursday? After watching the weather, looks like a good chance of high winds and rain. Possibly lightning delays. 

With it being Carthage's homecoming, I'd would think they may consider it.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Any chance that this game would be moved up to Thursday? After watching the weather, looks like a good chance of high winds and rain. Possibly lightning delays. 

With it being Carthage's homecoming, I'd would think they may consider it.

My guess is they wait and see about the weather Friday.........weather should be fine Saturday if Friday nite is too bad. 

• Thanks 1