Riders vs Dawgs  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/2020 at 12:30 AM

Just an onlooker here.... Carthage is almost surgical on offense. They find the mismatch and exploit it. Other teams don’t have the personnel to attack all positions like Carthage does. They can literally pass outside or inside and run like wise.... with multiple players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, SloppyJoe said:

Bet Horton will be on the sidelines by the start of the 4th quarter. Just sayin. 2nd or 3rd stringer 'kneels' this one out at the end!

Cdawgs 52-6

I wanted to reply to this when posted it advising you that you were wrong. Glad I didn't.  You were certainly more Right than wrong.

• Thanks 1

The Dawgs are getting better each game. 
Great game Dawgs!!!

I always start with the defense on my comments and last night was another good performance. 
Giving up 14 points to a very good Rough Rider offense is amazing. 
Number 32 is a big, strong and allusive running back. 
You have give him big time credit, the Dawg D had him for a loss all night, but he would not go down. 
The Dawgs hit him hard every time he got the ball and most of the time it was behind the line of scrimmage. 
The Dawg D has I believe 10 interceptions in four games. 
I see no weakness anywhere in this defense. 
They are so dang fast to the football,

How many times did we see 5 or 6 guys in on the tackles. 
Even the back up D comes in and gets interceptions. 
Now for the Dawg offense. 
what can you say, that was surgical precision by K Horton, and the receiving core. So many weapons either passing or running. 
I don’t see any O line in 4A better than the Big Dawgs. 
Horton got pressure a few times but used his legs to get the first down. 
Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff are unreal. 
They take 9 new varsity starters on defense and turn them into what may turn out to be the best Dawg D of all time. Time will tell. 
The Dawgs have beaten the number 2,  4 (Gilmer) at the time, and 10 ranked teams in 4A DII and has beaten them soundly.

Kilgore I believe was number 9 in 4A DI at the time the Dawgs best them. 

Next week Jasper comes in at number 4. 
I am a Dawg homer for sure but even I can’t exaggerate how good the Dawgs have played so far this year. 
Keep rolling Dawgs.

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and players. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, DAWG91 said:

I wanted to reply to this when posted it advising you that you were wrong. Glad I didn't.  You were certainly more Right than wrong.

Horace made the highlight reel play of the day TD run of the night and blew my exacta! Both teams have a bright future but Center just is'nt at the #1 ranked level yet.

1 hour ago, SloppyJoe said:

Horace made the highlight reel play of the day TD run of the night and blew my exacta! Both teams have a bright future but Center just is'nt at the #1 ranked level yet.

Good pick.  We just rarely score into the 50's....this ended up being one of those rare occasions.

• Like 1

I will probably get excoriated for this but here it goes.  Yes Carthage is very good and yes they are always going to be very good while Coach S is there. I've watched all their games and while they have the make up of a Championship team they are not without fault. Yes the defense is good, Yes the offense is good. The only team I see challenging them on their Side of the Bracket is WOS perhaps. So in my opinion they should make it to Arlington. Now with this said, Football is a weird game. They must stay healthy and they must keep improving. Again anything could happen to key players and also ... an Off game could occur, turnovers mistakes etc. So while they are the clear favorite there is still a possibility that they do not win State. They have to finish the deal.  I still believe they will rematch with Texarkana Pleasant Grove and it will be an entertaining rematch at that. For what its worth The PG team imploded in the 3rd Quarter and Carthage took advantage of it as you would expect. I do think with Pleasant Grove getting back Burris could be a big deal for them and help spell some of their two way players. All in all a long way to go but my Money is On Carthage and Pleasant Grove in a Rematch for the title

52 minutes ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I will probably get excoriated for this but here it goes.  Yes Carthage is very good and yes they are always going to be very good while Coach S is there. I've watched all their games and while they have the make up of a Championship team they are not without fault. Yes the defense is good, Yes the offense is good. The only team I see challenging them on their Side of the Bracket is WOS perhaps. So in my opinion they should make it to Arlington. Now with this said, Football is a weird game. They must stay healthy and they must keep improving. Again anything could happen to key players and also ... an Off game could occur, turnovers mistakes etc. So while they are the clear favorite there is still a possibility that they do not win State. They have to finish the deal.  I still believe they will rematch with Texarkana Pleasant Grove and it will be an entertaining rematch at that. For what its worth The PG team imploded in the 3rd Quarter and Carthage took advantage of it as you would expect. I do think with Pleasant Grove getting back Burris could be a big deal for them and help spell some of their two way players. All in all a long way to go but my Money is On Carthage and Pleasant Grove in a Rematch for the title

You will not be lambasted for your above post and opinion as it is a very accurate opinion.

Anything can happen between now and championship week in December. God forbid the injury bug hits any team as no one wants that.

An off night is possible and when you get into the playoffs if you don’t bring a quality performance you may or most likely will be watching the remainder of the playoffs from home, including Carthage.

Not a bad take, TFG.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!