HS Football game Canceled at halftime over One Mask Violation!

mav01

10 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Great idea.  Wait till you’re getting blown out and then find random fans without masks, cancel the game and win by forfeit.  Only works for home games though.  

@GWBears01better make sure everyone on the Gladewater side is wearing masks in a couple weeks. 👀

• LOL! 2

The guy wasn't even inside the stadium. This is ridiculous. Cancel a game because of a fan who won't put on a mask who isn't even inside the gate but yet it's ok to let kids play a game with no mask or social distancing. That makes tons of sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What a joke. The man was standing outside the fence watching. I went to their Facebook page and they claim they received threatening phone calls over the matter. It wasn't until AFTER they were losing 35-0, and AFTER they made a scene with a parking lot spectator, that they decided they  were receiving threatening phone calls and to cancel the game.

• Like 2

Amazing to me so many people defending a guy who first would not wear a mask and then would not leave when asked. So are we now teaching kids to only follow the rules when you want to? Or is it only follow the rules we agree with? Can we tell players hey we do not agree with holding as a penalty so just hold all you want?

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

14 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Amazing to me so many people defending a guy who first would not wear a mask and then would not leave when asked. So are we now teaching kids to only follow the rules when you want to? Or is it only follow the rules we agree with? Can we tell players hey we do not agree with holding as a penalty so just hold all you want?

I mean, they do hold, all the time. And this would be the equivalent of saying "Do not hold, not even in the parking lot. If you do hold, we're going to call the game at halftime."

You can say what you wish about "rules" but it's too far. If you can't stand outside the fence, outside the stadium, and watch the game without a mask, then it's gone too far. The police literally wouldn't even detain him because it was so ridiculous. That's not even why they called the game, but I have my own reservations about that even being true. I can imagine the superintendent was pretty upset when the police pretty much told him that it was stupid. Perfect excuse to go on our power trip after everyone, including the man standing probably 50+ feet from the nearest human being told you how imbecilic that is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I mean, they do hold, all the time. And this would be the equivalent of saying "Do not hold, not even in the parking lot. If you do hold, we're going to call the game at halftime."

You can say what you wish about "rules" but it's too far. If you can't stand outside the fence, outside the stadium, and watch the game without a mask, then it's gone too far. The police literally wouldn't even detain him because it was so ridiculous. That's not even why they called the game, but I have my own reservations about that even being true. I can imagine the superintendent was pretty upset when the police pretty much told him that it was stupid. Perfect excuse to go on our power trip after everyone, including the man standing probably 50+ feet from the nearest human being told you how imbecilic that is. 

I am not arguing if the rule is right or wrong...I am saying he was asked by the school to leave. That is their right. He would not. Why are we defending him doing that? I go back to are we going to teach kids to only follow the rules you agree with. 

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Imagine if the rules made little sense , was inconsistent , and did little to solve the problem. Yeah call the BS. 

Many laws we have are just that. Inconsistent and sometimes make little sense. Again I am not arguing that the rule is good or bad. But it is a rule on the school's grounds. He is a visitor, he should follow their rules. I compare this to when I go to someone's house I abide by their rules even if I think they might have a dumb rule or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

So finding a visiting fan who has absolutely nothing to do with the game is grounds to call off a 35-0 beat down . Teaches you are a sore loser. We don’t call a game cause a streaker loon goes on the field. 

Oh it probably did. Still does not change the fact the dude was asked to leave school grounds and did not. And lets all be honest here..he is grandstanding, that is what he does. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I am not arguing if the rule is right or wrong...I am saying he was asked by the school to leave. That is their right. He would not. Why are we defending him doing that? I go back to are we going to teach kids to only follow the rules you agree with. 

I mean, if my son was on that field, and I didn't agree with why I was being asked to leave, especially when I'm not doing anything wrong really, I can't say I'd be so peaceful about it either. I'd probably throw in a few words, make it known I pay my taxes and it's a public school, and I'd probably make them show me where it's a rule that I have to wear a mask even if I'm standing outside the fence being a threat to absolutely nobody. 

That's just my opinion. Hope it never comes to that here. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Oh it probably did. Still does not change the fact the dude was asked to leave school grounds and did not. And lets all be honest here..he is grandstanding, that is what he does. 

I mean, the school is what's making him famous. They should have just left it alone. 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

Ehhh... I mean how ridiculous do the rules have to get before action is taken? 

Good question but I stand by..he was a visitor in their house. All you have to do is abide by their rules. Do not have to like it. That is literally the same thing we have all said to our kids at some point. 

2 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Or he should have ..you know followed the rules. 

Where do you personally draw the line at “just follow the rules”? What if the school says you can’t sit next to your black friend? What if it says you have to wear sit the whole time without making any noise? What if it says for the safety of others, you have to watch from your car in the parking lot? 

you understand why there are people who don’t want to become a society of “just follow the rules”, right?

Its unAmerican...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Where do you personally draw the line at “just follow the rules”? What if the school says you can’t sit next to your black friend? What if it says you have to wear sit the whole time without making any noise? What if it says for the safety of others, you have to watch from your car in the parking lot? 

you understand why there are people who don’t want to become a society of “just follow the rules”, right?

Its unAmerican...

I did not know it was UnAmerican to follow the rules. That seems to run against what the current President says about Law and Order and all. 

• Thanks 1