Sideline to Sideline 4A Week 7

Gsquared

Just to let you know in case you didn't see the Livestream tape........Argyle's starters on defense only gave up 14 pts. to Melissa.  The backups gave up 2 TD's to Melissa's starting offense in the 4th quarter and Argyle's offense took their foot off the gas the entire 4th qtr.......just ran the ball and burned clock.

I  also like Salado in that game against Connally this week.  And Canyon out West.  And look out for WO-S in the same region as Carthage......they may be able to give Carthage a run for their money in the regional final.  Silsbee vs the Starkers this week will tell us more.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Just to let you know in case you didn't see the Livestream tape........Argyle's starters on defense only gave up 14 pts. to Melissa.  The backups gave up 2 TD's to Melissa's starting offense in the 4th quarter and Argyle's offense took their foot off the gas the entire 4th qtr.......just ran the ball and burned clock.

Stop making stuff up regal LOL..only Melissa's last TD was on the Argyle backups and there was a long Rogers to Kirkpatrick TD pass in the 4th quarter and I'm sure that does not qualify as taking the foot off the gas. If Melissa hadn't turned the ball over 6 times and had 3 drives inside the Argyle 15 yd line with zero points this would have been a close game, but can't live life based on ifs. The Argyle D overall played very well and they are underrated.

2 hours ago, Texski said:

Stop making stuff up regal LOL..only Melissa's last TD was on the Argyle backups and there was a long Rogers to Kirkpatrick TD pass in the 4th quarter and I'm sure that does not qualify as taking the foot off the gas. If Melissa hadn't turned the ball over 6 times and had 3 drives inside the Argyle 15 yd line with zero points this would have been a close game, but can't live life based on ifs. The Argyle D overall played very well and they are underrated.

Argyle also had 2 running TD's called back on penalties......I think on one of those possessions Argyle did not score anything.  The backups on defense played a major part of the 4th qtr. for sure.  According to scoretracker, Argyle's offense scored that TD with over 8 min. left in the game.  That made the score 41-13.  Then all the backups came in and Melissa scored twice more.  Argyle did get another TD on the onside kick attempt that was run back for a TD, but that was special teams.  So I may be off a little......but the point is that Melissa scored twice in the 4th on Argyle's backups and Argyle's starting offense was replaced with backups with more than 8 min. left in the game.  At that point, Argyle chose to just coast to victory even though Melissa scored twice more against the 2nd teamers after that. Melissa played their starting offense the entire game. That's an accurate account of the way this game went.......the Livestream tape is available to  view on Youtube.

19 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle also had 2 running TD's called back on penalties......I think on one of those possessions Argyle did not score anything.  The backups on defense played a major part of the 4th qtr. for sure.  According to scoretracker, Argyle's offense scored their last TD with over 8 min. left in the game.  That made the score 41-13.  Then all the backups came in and Melissa scored twice more.  Argyle did get another TD on the onside kick attempt that was run back for a TD, but that was special teams.  So I may be off a little......but the point is that Melissa scored twice in the 4th on Argyle's backups and Argyle's starting offense was replaced with backups with more than 8 min. left in the game.  At that point, Argyle chose to just coast to victory even though Melissa scored twice more against the 2nd teamers after that. Melissa played their starting offense the entire game. That's an accurate account of the way this game went.......the Livestream tape is available to  view on Youtube.