Week 8 Tatum @ Atlanta

Tatum_DirtyBird

Tatum @ Atlanta  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

43 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Brand new Whataburger on your way in to Atlanta on Highway 59...……….Rickey's Rib Shack just a few hundred yards past Whataburger on the same side of the road...…………..2 good places to eat.

Thanks for the recommendations but if there aint BANANA then I dont want it OOOOH, AAAAH

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Brand new Whataburger on your way in to Atlanta on Highway 59...……….Rickey's Rib Shack just a few hundred yards past Whataburger on the same side of the road...…………..2 good places to eat.

Rabbit Patch is my favorite.

• Like 1

Now that I've had time to really think about it... Atlanta will have to play lights out tonight to win.

Tatum will obviously game plan to stop the run. Atlanta's passing game has been absolutely horrible through 7 games. It looked it's best against Gladewater, but it's still rough. If Tatum could hold Gladewater to 106 on the ground, Atlanta will for sure have trouble running the ball. If I was Tatum, I'd have the same game plan against Atlanta as I had against Gladewater. I'd make Atlanta beat me through the air, and I have a very, very hard time believing they can do that.Β 

Yards by game comparison:

GW vs Tatum
GW - 350 Passing, 106 Rushing
Tatum - 302 Passing, 114 Rushing

GW vs Atlanta
GW - 209 Passing, 284 Rushing
Atlanta - 143 Passing, 141 Rushing (68 passing, 128 rushing in 1st half)

Atlanta hasn't had a game they haven't thrown at least 2 interceptions in yet I believe. Averaging 3 turnovers a game. Inconsistent. Our best athlete is 50/50 whether he wants to play or not.Β 

So with that being said... I can only hope for the best lol!Β 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Now that I've had time to really think about it... Atlanta will have to play lights out tonight to win.

Tatum will obviously game plan to stop the run. Atlanta's passing game has been absolutely horrible through 7 games. It looked it's best against Gladewater, but it's still rough. If Tatum could hold Gladewater to 106 on the ground, Atlanta will for sure have trouble running the ball. If I was Tatum, I'd have the same game plan against Atlanta as I had against Gladewater. I'd make Atlanta beat me through the air, and I have a very, very hard time believing they can do that.Β 

Yards by game comparison:

GW vs Tatum
GW - 350 Passing, 106 Rushing
Tatum - 302 Passing, 114 Rushing

GW vs Atlanta
GW - 209 Passing, 284 Rushing
Atlanta - 143 Passing, 141 Rushing (68 passing, 128 rushing in 1st half)

Atlanta hasn't had a game they haven't thrown at least 2 interceptions in yet I believe. Averaging 3 turnovers a game. Inconsistent. Our best athlete is 50/50 whether he wants to play or not.Β 

So with that being said... I can only hope for the best lol!Β 

I agree that Tatum will force y’all to throw the ball. They did the same against us. Our passing game is just better than yalls so we were able to make them pay. If y’all can be somewhat balanced you will have trouble. Against us they had single coverage on the outside and everyone else in the box. Atlanta will live and die by how their offense does. Your defense is solid enough to keep them from running wild.Β 

27 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I agree that Tatum will force y’all to throw the ball. They did the same against us. Our passing game is just better than yalls so we were able to make them pay. If y’all can be somewhat balanced you will have trouble. Against us they had single coverage on the outside and everyone else in the box. Atlanta will live and die by how their offense does. Your defense is solid enough to keep them from running wild.Β 

I just honestly don't see us being able to throw the ball. We've just got so many different inconsistencies at QB it's unreal.Β 

A big issue with Atlanta is the fact we never develop a QB. We never have a QB that is groomed through the years. Musgrove was a freak accident. They actually played 7 on 7, the only time I've ever known Atlanta to play 7 on 7.Β 

2015 QB - Jeremy Smith - One of the fastest kids in the state, but no real throwing threat. He also had Atlanta's season rushing yard record holder in the backfield with him, and a line that could block. We did try Henson at QB a few times. We beat L-E with Henson at QB because Smith was hurt.Β 

2016 - Layton Henson - SR - Starting safety since he was a sophomore. Tough kid, big arm, odd throwing motion and very slow release. Just wasn't a QB, and he didn't want to play QB. He loved playing safety.

2017 - Andrew Samples - JR - Starting safety since he was a sophomore. Very tough kid with decent speed. He had a pretty good deep ball, but intermediate passing game wasn't there. He wasn't a QB, and was never groomed to be a QB. He was as good as he was because he was a tough, smart kid.

2018 - Andrew Samples - SR - Same story.

2019 - Cade Wood - SR - Best wide receiver as far as possession I've seen in Atlanta, maybe ever. If the kid could get his hands on the ball, he could catch it. Had some crazy good catches his sophomore and JR year. Tough kid, but not very fast, and didn't really have much of an arm. He wasn't a QB, and had never played QB. He was a stellar wide receiver. We did try McClure once at QB against MV, but never again. He actually didn't do terrible at MV, but may have been too young.

Game 1 - Daingerfield - McClure played the entire game. We did have some dropped passes, may have lead to a lack of confidence as far as throwing the ball. Made a few bad decisions. Ended up going something like 1/14 for -4 yds, 3 INTs, 0TDs. McClure did catch the only TD on a trick play that went 60 yards (he actually stepped out of bounds but refs didn't see it). We did have a TD catch dropped however, and like I said, probably played into a confidence issue. I never played QB really, but I've watched enough to know that dropped passes can weigh heavily on the mind.

Game 2 - Paul Pewitt - Dickerson (sophomore) got the start. Threw a couple of picks (maybe 3, can't remember), did have a TD pass and a 60 yd run for a TD. Overall, I think Dickerson is the most athletic and able QB, but he tries to do too much. If he runs into an issue, he will try and reverse field, run backwards, the whole 9 yards. Gets caught with the ball in 1 hand and fumbles. He's a stellar athlete, just needs more experience and development. He will come around.

Game 3 - Gilmer - Dickerson started. Had a decent first half. Connected on a few passes. I know we threw a couple of picks, not sure how many. Pierce played 1 drive early that I saw and threw a pick. #5 Hamilton really gashed Gilmer in the first half though.

Game 4 - L-E - Dickerson got the start again. Hamilton went out on the first drive, never came back. We threw 3 picks at least total, 2 from Dickerson who by half time had taken an absolute beating. We were down to our 3rd string RB (moved to QC this week), and they were running Dickerson a lot with poor line play, and he had to be taken to the hospital at halftime for concussion protocol.

Game 5 - White Oak - Dickerson got the start. We were down to 3rd string RB, and a kid they moved up from JV. Threw 3 picks, had a couple of fumbles, 1 of them on our own 1 yard line which resulted in a Roughneck TD on the next play. Really he just got caught trying to do too much again. Forcing throws, and running around too much. The play where he fumbled the ball on the 1 yard line, he'd ran back like 10 yards and slipped with the ball in 1 hand and lost control of it. They pulled him after that drive, and put in our 3rd string QB Pierce. Pierce threw 2 picks I believe, but was still able to lead us back to a possible game winning drive that was stopped on a 4th and goal on the 3 yard line to end the game.Β 

Game 6 - Sabine - Pierce got the start. The only game we have had both our 1st and 2nd string RB's playing. I think Pierce threw a couple of picks, completed like 6/9 for 30 yards, 0 TDs.

Game 7 - Gladewater - Pierce got the start. Threw 2 picks. Ended up going 8/12 for 143 yards 3TDs. Had a few players missed the bus, but had our 2nd string RB play. He had 24 rushes for 95 yards and touchdown.Β 

Passing game did improve from week 6 to week 7. Maybe it can get better this week. If both of our backs are playing, it will definitely add another important weapon to cover in the game. #5 has been known to line up in the slot here and there.Β 
Β 

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Anywhere have a bar?