1jacket

Elysian Fields vs New Diana   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

Why is this a problem? There are other schools that the AD is not the HFC that have success in all sports. I am not trying to antagonize I am just genuinely curious. I am not very familiar with ND other than their recent baseball success. 

You must be a baseball guy if you don’t think that’s a problem. No need to explain because IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW. I don’t know any schools where the baseball coach is the AD and doesn’t coach football and said program is good in football. Look at all the successful football programs, the AD is the HFC coach. Chrisman had em playing pretty good football and guess why he’s not there? 

31 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

It don't matter, you never how each teams opponents is gonna turn out during the season, Waskom has handle business on their schedule and so has EF besides the DF game which EF had chances to win, all trash talking aside, you won't hear me down play Waskom's schedule, all that tells me is, their pretty dam good.

My thinking is like yours. It’s not necessarily who you but how handle them. 

9 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Harmony and Harleton would beat everyone that Waskom has played and most the teams by multiple scores in my opinion. 

Harleton is a scrappy team but it took HS fumbling for Harmony to pull off a victory 38-34.

Your eyes will be opened come the 30th.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Harleton is a scrappy team but it took HS fumbling for Harmony to pull off a victory 38-34.

Your eyes will be opened come the 30th.

HS was a different team with that man child running the ball they went from a playoff team preseason district contender to prob the 2nd worst team in district behind ND one player shouldn’t make that big of difference but it appears it has with them but you maybe right only time will tell. Just glad it’s getting closer. 

5 hours ago, jacket52 said:

HS was a different team with that man child running the ball they went from a playoff team preseason district contender to prob the 2nd worst team in district behind ND one player shouldn’t make that big of difference but it appears it has with them but you maybe right only time will tell. Just glad it’s getting closer. 

🤔...forgetting somebody? OC? 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Hs beat ore city by 20+ without said man child. They should beat QC and the Harelton game will be a good one. The EF game will be a different story though. Teams with alot of speed is who HS struggles with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Speaking of OC, your right down the road from them, have you heard when they're gonna get back to playing football?

Don't know about football. I haven't seen or heard anything lately. The school (as of now) is supposed to open back up on Oct.26. 

19 hours ago, randomuser said:

You must be a baseball guy if you don’t think that’s a problem. No need to explain because IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW. I don’t know any schools where the baseball coach is the AD and doesn’t coach football and said program is good in football. Look at all the successful football programs, the AD is the HFC coach. Chrisman had em playing pretty good football and guess why he’s not there? 

So, the AD is maliciously convincing the schools best athletes not to play football? Is that the big conspiracy in the works over there in Diana? We would be good but that evil baseball coach is in cahoots with the parents of the best athletes so that his program and his alone can have success? Got it. 

I guess I just live in a fantasy world where the AD has all programs and the schools best interests in mind. 

Typically, the AD is the HFC because most of the staff also coach football and would report to that person anyway. So, although it is a natural fit doesn't necessarily have to  happen. To imply that the AD's character should be in question because the football program is not having success right now is not fair. 

Maybe, just maybe, ND isn't very good right now because they are really young and have a new HFC? Maybe they made the baseball coach the AD because he has stuck around and are tired of all of the coaching  and teaching turnaround that comes with the revolving door of AD/HFC coaches coming and going? 

But, what do I know? I'm just a "baseball guy" (your words not mine). 

2 hours ago, CDubya936 said:

So, the AD is maliciously convincing the schools best athletes not to play football? Is that the big conspiracy in the works over there in Diana? We would be good but that evil baseball coach is in cahoots with the parents of the best athletes so that his program and his alone can have success? Got it. 

I guess I just live in a fantasy world where the AD has all programs and the schools best interests in mind. 

Typically, the AD is the HFC because most of the staff also coach football and would report to that person anyway. So, although it is a natural fit doesn't necessarily have to  happen. To imply that the AD's character should be in question because the football program is not having success right now is not fair. 

Maybe, just maybe, ND isn't very good right now because they are really young and have a new HFC? Maybe they made the baseball coach the AD because he has stuck around and are tired of all of the coaching  and teaching turnaround that comes with the revolving door of AD/HFC coaches coming and going? 

But, what do I know? I'm just a "baseball guy" (your words not mine). 

Those are your words not mine but well said. Most of all your post I concur.

• Like 1

Lol yall gonna sit here and not acknowledge that a lot small school programs have an AD that will most surely try to convince some kids not to play other sports so they can get better at the sport the AD coaches?  Happens all the time with AD head football coaches against basketball coaches.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Don't know about football. I haven't seen or heard anything lately. The school (as of now) is supposed to open back up on Oct.26. 

Do you know if they been having any football practices? I see their last game is against ND, I believe that's their rival right?