Winnsboro vs. Rains 10/16

chevyman

The Raiders finally get back to their home field after 2 weeks away. This will be a very big game in the district landscape. Winny is coming off of two weeks of playing the two bottom teams that fought really hard but now the gauntlet is upon us for the next 4 weeks. One game at a time though and it starts with the Wildcats. Looking forward to it.

13 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think we can score more than 22. Its all about how we start. Have had two slow starts in a row and that won’t work this week 

If the Raider D comes to play you guys should be fine.  I think it will be a lower scoring game though.  Doesn’t matter if it’s 8-7 or 49-48 just need to score one more than Rains and move on.

14 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If the Raider D comes to play you guys should be fine.  I think it will be a lower scoring game though.  Doesn’t matter if it’s 8-7 or 49-48 just need to score one more than Rains and move on.

Will be key to not allow the big plays. Keep contain on the outside cause the qb likes to scramble and use his legs. Tackle well. Try and create turnovers. That should be a winning formula 

24 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

So I watched some of the highlights of Rains vs Howe and it looked like the QB for Rains sat this one out, wonder if he will be back for Winny. They will need to be at full strength against the Raiders.  

Im going to guess he will be depending on how bad the concussion was. The play that it happened on looked relatively harmless. He really makes them go as long as he holds on to the ball. That MV game was rough to watch as many times as he put the ball on the ground. He uses his legs really well and his arm effectively as well. They will lull you to sleep with the misdirection motion and then hit a pass over the top. Raiders defense will need to be very disciplined 

Hats off to Rains. Even without 8 their offense was clicking. Just didn’t have the defense to stop us. We fumbled 3 times and kneeled to end the game that was the only time we were stopped. Got some things to clean up heading into MV but that W feels much better than an L

15 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Hats off to Rains. Even without 8 their offense was clicking. Just didn’t have the defense to stop us. We fumbled 3 times and kneeled to end the game that was the only time we were stopped. Got some things to clean up heading into MV but that W feels much better than an L

Got to clean up the fumbles!