Liberty-Eylau vs Spring Hill

Liger01

LE vs Spring Hill  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• LE
    • SH

This is a big matchup that will likely decide the 3rd & 4th seeds in the district.  Both teams have advantages & disadvantages in the game.  LE is the more athletic team.  SH is the more disciplined team.  I see a lower scoring defensive type game with SH winning late 24-20.  Punters will get some work in Fri night!

Here is my crazy thoughts on this one and my opinion on both:

Offense - leaning toward SH

Defense - leaning toward LE

Special Teams - leaning toward SH

Being played at LE helps the Leopards some.

Final thoughts = A few big plays by the LE O and some turnovers by SH give LE the win 21-20.

I'm thinking SH in a close game. Just for the simple fact they look to be a more well rounded team right now. But if LE gets going on offense SH will have their hands full. Which teams show up mentally prepared and wants it more will determine the outcome of this game. Good luck to both teams and play hard. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Serious question. What have you see in LE’s play this year that would give them the nod?

Overall just much more athletic than SH. But turned the ball over 5 or 6 times against a terrible NL team. It was only 6-0 at half. Can't do that against SH and expect to win. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Overall just much more athletic than SH. But turned the ball over 5 or 6 times against a terrible NL team. It was only 6-0 at half. Can't do that against SH and expect to win. 

More athletic but less disciplined.  LE isn’t going to beat SH throwing the ball 20+ times.  Their QB ain’t built for that.  And SH’s front 7 defends the run fairly well.  I do agree that LE probably has the stronger D overall, but I don’t think they are any better than Bullard.  Depth could be a factor for LE on the D line as the game goes on.  SH gashed Bullard up the middle in the second half after their DL got tired.  

I think it will be a good competitive game with both defenses getting stops.  As with most close games it’s going to come down to the trenches and turnovers.

53 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I agree. That first half was terrible! They can't expect to play like that and win. However, I think they will regroup if so, they will be fine. Should be a good game.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:06 PM, Maineman1988 said:

I’ve not seen LE play. I have seen sh play, surely LE is better 

You saw SH vs your Buckeyes.  Not the best barometer for predicting this game.  LE is not Gilmer.  Their best win on the year is vs a 3-3 3A Jefferson squad who barely beat Pitt by 6, or a 2-4 Wax Life team.  Take your pick.  SH has a quality win vs a 5-2 Bullard squad looking to challenge Van for the D7 Championship.  Oh and I might add Van spanked LE 35-14 with a backup QB.  LE is more athletic, but not a better football team than SH.

13 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

You saw SH vs your Buckeyes.  Not the best barometer for predicting this game.  LE is not Gilmer.  Their best win on the year is vs a 3-3 3A Jefferson squad who barely beat Pitt by 6, or a 2-4 Wax Life team.  Take your pick.  SH has a quality win vs a 5-2 Bullard squad looking to challenge Van for the D7 Championship.  Oh and I might add Van spanked LE 35-14 with a backup QB.  LE is more athletic, but not a better football team than SH.

LE was missing 4 or 5 key starters in that Van game.. Not saying they are better. However, that's a big loss on a team. 

17 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Your hanging your hat on beating Bullard?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

Your hanging your hat on beating Bullard?  

Well genius we have 3 wins on the year.  Bullard at 5-2 is a better win than 2-3 Community or 2-5 Anna.  Surely you would agree?  And no I’m not hanging my hat on that win.  SH is the better overall football team vs LE and will win Fri.