Mavchamp

Pine Tree Vs. Marshall  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Pine Tree by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Pine Tree in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Well I guess I was wrong about Marshall line on both sides of the ball! The lazy group showed up for both sides. Should have had the second string in the entry second half. They played like they wanted to win. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such bad blocking on the O line and D line couldn’t stop anything. Every aspect on the game was won by PT except kicking and this really includes coaching. Pretty much changed up the offensive plays and got away with what was working in the first three games! A big CONGRATULATIONS to Pine Tree. You came to play and PLAY you did! Marshall better find some answers to the linemen on both sides or your gonna have a long sad season! Texarkana, Whitehouse, and yes Mount Pleasent! Lots of Luck Marshall.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, The Real Mavfan said:

SOFT! When you get your behinds handed to you by PINE TREE theres no other way to put it. SOFT!

Hopefully my Alma Mater is returning to being the way they were in the late 70's, and early 80's, we weren't soft.  The #44 kid on defense for P.T. is the nephew of the #12 kid that took Pine Tree to the State Quarterfinals back in 1976 along with Jeff Hayes.   

The Mav defense played as well as they could for as long as they could.  Kept us in the game.  When you hold PT to just 2 TDS through 3 quarters, thats usually good news.

Tackling still an issue. 

I have no words for our offense.  They looked confused.  Seemed like they didn’t know their assignments.  Blocking was non-existent.  Ran sideways instead of pushing it downfield. Turnovers.   Dropped passes. Bad snaps.  Disarray.  

Poor performance.  Oddly....it reminded me of last year’s Huntsville playoff game.  We got away from what we do.  Tried to be something else.  

Back to the drawing board.  We’re better than we showed last night.

Could be costly though....  laying that egg could force us into traveling to Huntsville or College Station in December in the first round. 

Congrats to PT.  Great team win. 

First win over Marshall since 2011.  First win IN Marshall since 1985. 

Mavs got some work to do. 

• Like 1

Congrats to the Pirates, they are not the Pirates of old.

Mavs, a strange case of  Jekyll Hyde. Strange occurrences of playing the teams from Longview compared to when they have played other games. 

2020, As strange as this year may be for some of us (Cujo), we still have two mouths left.lol

You can't expect to play physical if you don't practice physical. They play soft because they practice soft. 

As I said a few weeks ago, teams will begin to roll their safety coverage to Dede's side. The other 2 wrs are good, tall,  rangy possession wrs,  but not deep threats like Dede. If Rawls is anywhere as fast as last year, he needs to be in on about half the offensive snaps. How many times have we overthrown the other wrs down field? Stretch the field with 2 athletes and get back to the power running game. Not having a blazing fast Qb requires a legit running game and play action threat to keep the defense honest. 

Tons of unnecessary penalties,  dropped passes, high snaps and Qb bobbles will kill your drives. The team is undisciplined and unmotivated. It's like they expected to just show up and have PT lay down for them. I'm sure having no off-season didn't help. However, others were in the same boat. 

3 hours ago, mav01 said:

You can't expect to play physical if you don't practice physical. They play soft because they practice soft. 

As I said a few weeks ago, teams will begin to roll their safety coverage to Dede's side. The other 2 wrs are good, tall,  rangy possession wrs,  but not deep threats like Dede. If Rawls is anywhere as fast as last year, he needs to be in on about half the offensive snaps. How many times have we overthrown the other wrs down field? Stretch the field with 2 athletes and get back to the power running game. Not having a blazing fast Qb requires a legit running game and play action threat to keep the defense honest. 

Tons of unnecessary penalties,  dropped passes, high snaps and Qb bobbles will kill your drives. The team is undisciplined and unmotivated. It's like they expected to just show up and have PT lay down for them. I'm sure having no off-season didn't help. However, others were in the same boat. 

I totally agree with you Mav01. The o line look like they were in a screen play blocking mode. Bump and release then stand there looking around.