Pottsboro(6-0) at Mineola(5-1)

gamewatcher63

Well it's been a few hours and I still can't get over how the Jackets played. Never gave up, kept playing hard and made plays when they had too. Both teams gave it everything they had, Potts QB and RB combo sliced the Jacket D all night, and they threw the ball but the Jacket secondary made some great plays to limit the deep balls. I know some of the Potts fans would complain about the refs, they were "not good". But I always remember what our coaches use to tell us, never blame the officials for a loss...you should have played better....

On a side note, I usually don't call out players, I will say go look at the Mineola live feed at 2:49.40 as Pendergrass is running in a score from 27yds out....I couldn't see what happened from where I was sitting, I just saw him rolling around in the endzone after he crossed the goal line. Coach Poe needs to address what happened with one of his players, that wasn't right.        

51 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Well it's been a few hours and I still can't get over how the Jackets played. Never gave up, kept playing hard and made plays when they had too. Both teams gave it everything they had, Potts QB and RB combo sliced the Jacket D all night, and they threw the ball but the Jacket secondary made some great plays to limit the deep balls. I know some of the Potts fans would complain about the refs, they were "not good". But I always remember what our coaches use to tell us, never blame the officials for a loss...you should have played better....

On a side note, I usually don't call out players, I will say go look at the Mineola live feed at 2:49.40 as Pendergrass is running in a score from 27yds out....I couldn't see what happened from where I was sitting, I just saw him rolling around in the endzone after he crossed the goal line. Coach Poe needs to address what happened with one of his players, that wasn't right.        

I can only imagine how excited you guys were with the outcome of this game. I was ready to write Minny off at 21-7. I didn’t think y’all could stop them enough to catch up. Boy was I wrong !  That sequence in the 2nd quarter was awesome. Sneed is one of my favorite players I’ve ever watched on a high school field. He’s talented but it doesn’t stop there. His motor is relentless. He had to be absolutely exhausted when scored the winning TD. Congrats to Minny on the win and good luck moving forward....unless we meet 😂

An awesome moment in this game was when Mineola had 4th and 7 at about the Potts 35 tie game with a couple mins left in the 4th quarter. As the coach was giving the play call Sneed runs to the sideline and says something to him and the play call ended up being a direct snap to Sneed and he ran through people for the first down. Would love to know what he said to coach, probably something like “give me the ball and I’ll get it” 

Kid is fun to watch 

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

An awesome moment in this game was when Mineola had 4th and 7 at about the Potts 35 tie game with a couple mins left in the 4th quarter. As the coach was giving the play call Sneed runs to the sideline and says something to him and the play call ended up being a direct snap to Sneed and he ran through people for the first down. Would love to know what he said to coach, probably something like “give me the ball and I’ll get it” 

Kid is fun to watch 

A lot of Jackets fans wish he had gotten the ball on 4th down at MV last week.....