Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

Jasper has played Carthage pretty tough the last 2 times they have met as district opponents. In 2012 Carthage won 49-31 and in 2013 Carthage won 41-26. I expect this to be a closer game then some predict. They are 5-0 and have beaten everybody they’ve played soundly. I’m expecting a 42-21 type of game. If Carthage blows Jasper out, I’m not sure who will give them a good game this season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Jasper has played Carthage pretty tough the last 2 times they have met as district opponents. In 2012 Carthage won 49-31 and in 2013 Carthage won 41-26. I expect this to be a closer game then some predict. They are 5-0 and have beaten everybody they’ve played soundly. I’m expecting a 42-21 type of game. If Carthage blows Jasper out, I’m not sure who will give them a good game this season. 

Jasper has beaten everyone they played pretty soundly, you are correct, but they also haven’t played a team that’s got a record better than .500. They are going to have to be big and strong to be a basically one dimensional team and beat Carthage. It’s possible, but I don’t expect it. I see Carthage winning by 3-4 TDs. I think Carthage has to make several mistakes to lose. Just based on what we’ve seen so far, I think you have to have a very good offense that is capable of running and passing to scare on Carthage. Is Jasper going to run the ball so much better than PG or Center?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Jasper has beaten everyone they played pretty soundly, you are correct, but they also haven’t played a team that’s got a record better than .500. They are going to have to be big and strong to be a basically one dimensional team and beat Carthage. It’s possible, but I don’t expect it. I see Carthage winning by 3-4 TDs. I think Carthage has to make several mistakes to lose. Just based on what we’ve seen so far, I think you have to have a very good offense that is capable of running and passing to scare on Carthage. Is Jasper going to run the ball so much better than PG or Center?

I think they are probably better than Center but a little worse than PG. They have a big OL and a QB that can scramble and make plays with his arm a few times a game. I think that’s probably what gives them a few more scores than PG. There defense isn’t great, but not that bad. 

But I agree with you. I think a 3 score game and that’s being pretty generous to Jasper. I predicted 42-21, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more like 49-14. Tough to predict 5 TD blowouts every game, even if that’s how you feel 🤣🤣🤣.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

both teams are big on both sides of the ball i haft to give jasper the edge on there speed  Carthage 35 - jasper 14 should be a good game

21 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Actually benefit Carthage if jasper was a competitive game. Going through the motions can go so far when you meet a team that has a pulse. Luckily the three non district games had some pedigree to them and they soundly defeated them.

Other than Texarkana Pleasant Grove the other games have really been over at the half. I don't see Jasper causing any issues