Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

8 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

better than last year your saying a lot

I know it may sound strange, given how good they were last year and how many starters they had to replace.  But with that being said, I think the results of the games so far against the competition they have played speak for itself.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I know it may sound strange, given how good they were last year and how many starters they had to replace.  But with that being said, I think the results of the games so far against the competition they have played speak for itself.  

so true my friend i wish them luck

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Competition got somewhat easier. Last year was About four teams this year PG which they have beaten and WoS . That is it.

C

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Competition got somewhat easier. Last year was About four teams this year PG which they have beaten and WoS . That is it.

wo-s is a good team with lots of  JR leadership there are no wares close to Carthage size  but lord there speeds to the ball is on defence is something to be hold.the mustangs have two of the best  wr  in the state hands down super speed and a sr QB who  has a very strong arm throws bullets and outstanding speed. now then the end of this story the coaches have put it this way give them a inc they will hurt you at the end all jr this year as you can see wo-s is loaded with jr leadership.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, Sbk5280 said:

Carthage by about 4 TDs seems about the going rate lol..

Took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the 2017 season where I was like a broken record with my "Dawgs by 3 td's" picks....even with the state title game,  which I caught some flack for,  but the Dawgs had my back.  It's too early in the season for me to do that stuff just yet.  I need to see some more football first.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the 2017 season where I was like a broken record with my "Dawgs by 3 td's" picks....even with the state title game,  which I caught some flack for,  but the Dawgs had my back.  It's too early in the season for me to do that stuff just yet.  I need to see some more football first.

I just think from what I've seen against the competition they have played, id take this team in any game.  Div 1 or Div 2.  I didn't expect this level of play after losing as many starters as they did and then missing games because of Covid.  But that secondary is crazy and the team speed and penetration on defense is fantastic.  

Just now, mikehoncho said:

I just think from what I've seen against the competition they have played, id take this team in any game.  Div 1 or Div 2.  I didn't expect this level of play after losing as many starters as they did and then missing games because of Covid.  But that secondary is crazy and the team speed and penetration on defense is fantastic.  

I saw somewhere that this year’s Jr class at Carthage has never lost a football game since starting in 7th grade.  That is crazy!

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

lets see how all this pans out its hard to run when you have such a large DF as Carthage has unless you have a scat bac like PG has he got some good yard  agnest Carthage

11 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

lets see how all this pans out its hard to run when you have such a large DF as Carthage has unless you have a scat bac like PG has he got some good yard  agnest Carthage

Yet they still got whipped.  Scoreboard.

In D1 La Vega always made it to playoffs and most the time if you get to State you would have to face La Vega same way goes for Wos in D2, I always wonder what a game would ever turn out between La Vega vs Wos and have they ever played each other maybe in a season or whatever, that would be a fun game to watch if happened.

1 hour ago, powerlifter said:

You think Carthage’s defense looks big now, wait until you see them against PG next time and maybe against WOS.........Five man front with #75 at nose guard and #11 at one of the DE spots. 

Seen Jasper play on livestream.  Watched some of Carthage hi-lites.  Both lines are big, but C appears more muscle & less fat.  Jasper has a little back that is very fast, but he goes down easy.  Then they have Limbrick (#34 I think).   He’s a big stud that they keep firing away with.  Problem he’ll have, C DL will be big enough to close the holes.

I think Carthage wins by 4 TD’s.   Competition for them?   There isn’t any.  4D2, 4D1, and maybe 5D2.   They look that good to me.   Disclosure, I’m the worst prognosticator on the Forum. 😜

• Like 3

To be honest.......I thought that Melissa would be a very difficult opponent for Argyle a couple of weeks ago and it just did not happen.  Argyle dominated that game from start to finish and the Eagles defense prevented Melissa's explosive offense from doing what they do best......score lots of points.  I see the same things present in this year's Carthage team.......a very strong defense that will squash the offensive output of their opponents and allow the Bulldog offense plenty of opportunities to score.  Carthage has a very effective offense and some very quality skill players and a very capable offensive line to control the LOS.  Carthage should win this game by 21 pts. or more also........but the game still must be played and the players on the field must perform to get the win.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Just read that Vidor played Jasper on 9/25, and still have 7 starters out.  Jasper is huge, and I suspect most of those were from that big running back.  Hope Carthage doesn’t get banged up like that.

You ain't gonna believe me when I tell ya the last two times we played Carthage they were ranked #1 then as well.

Speaking of BIG fellas at RB, those last two games we had a running back that wore #36. Tiki Cuney. he may not have gave them all they could handle but he damn sure gave them all they wanted! when he broke into the open he was "head hunting". 

one of the most memorable runs in DAWG FOOTBALL HISTORY  he also showed his top end was fast and out ran the entire Carthage defense 90 yards for a td.

• Like 1