Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

14 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

You ain't gonna believe me when I tell ya the last two times we played Carthage they were ranked #1 then as well.

Speaking of BIG fellas at RB, those last two games we had a running back that wore #36. Tiki Cuney. he may not have gave them all they could handle but he damn sure gave them all they wanted! when he broke into the open he was "head hunting". 

one of the most memorable runs in DAWG FOOTBALL HISTORY  he also showed his top end was fast and out ran the entire Carthage defense 90 yards for a td.

He looked like Earl Campbell in that game in 13’.

Saw one poster on SETXSPORTS speculating that Carthage might have done some recruiting, but most on there are to familiar with the success of Surratt and the Bulldogs.  When a town buys in, and you have a great Coach, great facilities, you get great participation.   That, no doubt, brings in a few more players.  That kind of program there’s no need to recruit.

20 hours ago, house said:

don't go on setexsports.  they are already showing sour grapes.  alledging unethical and illegal activity.  

NOT TRUE AT ALL!  I started that thread over in that forum.  the one even close comment to such as you say come from a WOS fan. 

the rest of the thread actually shows nothing but respect for Carthage program and boasting on how Surratt is a great coach and done a helluva job.

So really, get over yourself and quit lying!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, house said:

I referenced a forum and not an individual.  I stand by what I said.  People can judge for themselves.  No need to get personal and ugly.   

As did I reference a forum.

No need and saying things that are not true. I hope folks do go read it. they will see what you claim is false.

16 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Gotta love the preemptive excuses...

did you go read it for yourself? If so I am sure you have enough class to admit your statement is wrong. That is unless you consider people supporting the fact that yall are ranked #1 & have a great program to be excuses.

1 minute ago, JasperDawg said:

did you go read it for yourself? If so I am sure you have enough class to admit your statement is wrong. That is unless you consider people supporting the fact that yall are ranked #1 & have a great program to be excuses.

Nope.  Not going to that site.  I ain't got time for that.  I was responding to what someone else said.  If he is being untruthful, then shame on him.  My statement was not aimed at anyone, just a comment on what he said.  Get off the feelings bus.

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Nope.  Not going to that site.  I ain't got time for that.  I was responding to what someone else said.  If he is being untruthful, then shame on him.  My statement was not aimed at anyone, just a comment on what he said.  Get off the feelings bus.

I have no feelings my friend, as if as a Jasper fan I am not accustomed to losing to Carthage (along with everyone else who does). 

I am though sick of the now new "thing " of fake news aka lies. So rather than be part of it, take time to make time to find out for yourself about things.

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

NOT TRUE AT ALL!  I started that thread over in that forum.  the one even close comment to such as you say come from a WOS fan. 

the rest of the thread actually shows nothing but respect for Carthage program and boasting on how Surratt is a great coach and done a helluva job.

So really, get over yourself and quit lying!

I read it.  It’s not bad.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 7:16 PM, cotton84 said:

You think Carthage’s defense looks big now, wait until you see them against PG next time and maybe against WOS.........Five man front with #75 at nose guard and #11 at one of the DE spots. 

If they play PG again PG will likely have to put three in the Formation at Wideout and Change the integrity of their play calling to get them off the LOS like they were  in the 2nd half of that game.

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

I have no feelings my friend, as if as a Jasper fan I am not accustomed to losing to Carthage (along with everyone else who does). 

I am though sick of the now new "thing " of fake news aka lies. So rather than be part of it, take time to make time to find out for yourself about things.

I read the SETX thread on Carthage @ Jasper and think there was just one post about Carthage recruiting players.

Most of the posts were definitely respectful toward Carthage.

Jasper will be another quality opponent for CHS and help ready our Bulldogs for the playoffs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

I read it and saw nothing besides respect from Jasper folks. The WOS poster was crying “recruiting” because he/she knows they will most likely get beaten by Carthage eventually this year. Lol

• Like 2

On 10/14/2020 at 8:14 PM, DAWG91 said:

And we still won.  Per this article,  Jasper hasn't beat us since 1969. I guess you could say they're due.  I wouldn't bet on that though.

https://www.kltv.com/2020/10/12/district-title-implications-stake-game-week-between-carthage-jasper/

lol. I gonna be honest I did not read the article. I will though take it one step farther. Since 1968 when Jasper beat Carthage 42-8  you know what that makes the head to head record for our schools 2-2. The two wins for yall coming the next 2 times we played after 1969.  Those years being 2012&2013.  lmao at how that post makes seem way different.

That said, in my 47 years of life I have been a all sports fan for as long as i can remember. During that time I have come to the realization there are times you just take your emotions out of it and tell it like it really is.

Are my DAWGS due? Sure they are,but it's 99.9% that won't get it this time around. Will I be there cheering them on. OF COURSE I WILL. Yes, I would love to be wrong about the out come.

Carthage the past decade or so has sky rocketed to levels that only fans of other schools (my self included) can only dream of.

THAT IS WHAT IT IS........

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

lol. I gonna be honest I did not read the article. I will though take it one step farther. Since 1968 when Jasper beat Carthage 42-8  you know what that makes the head to head record for our schools 2-2. The two wins for yall coming the next 2 times we played after 1969.  Those years being 2012&2013.  lmao at how that post makes seem way different.

That said, in my 47 years of life I have been a all sports fan for as long as i can remember. During that time I have come to the realization there are times you just take your emotions out of it and tell it like it really is.

Are my DAWGS due? Sure they are,but it's 99.9% that won't get it this time around. Will I be there cheering them on. OF COURSE I WILL. Yes, I would love to be wrong about the out come.

Carthage the past decade or so has sky rocketed to levels that only fans of other schools (my self included) can only dream of.

THAT IS WHAT IT IS........

No arguments here.  No disrespect towards ya'll Dawgs whatsoever.  Jasper Dawgs claimed a state title before mine did...1990 if I'm not mistaken.  We just caught lightning in a bottle when Coach S.  came onboard.  All good things eventually come to an end,  including our amazing run over the last 10+ years. I would love nothing more than to kid myself that this will last forever,  but I'm a student of reality,which makes me face the fact it won't. May the best team win,  and hopefully everyone (both sides) comes out healthy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I read the SETX thread on Carthage @ Jasper and think there was just one post about Carthage recruiting players.

Most of the posts were definitely respectful toward Carthage.

Jasper will be another quality opponent for CHS and help ready our Bulldogs for the playoffs.

I saw that too.  Still doesn't warrant me bothering to create an account there,  though I'm tempted.  When I saw it yesterday it appeared as though everyone else on there just ignored it.  There's always one idiot in every village.

• Like 1

never said all posts on the other forum were ugly.  one post suggested recruiting and there was chatter that Carthages success may be due to some oil boom in '07.  that theory would suggest some kind of unfair advantage Carthage may  have received.  sounded like sour grape excuses to me.  the simple truth is the Carthage school board did a great job in their coach pick and the community has some families that are pretty darn athletic.  one of the amazing things to me is that Carthage isnt a suburb of a metropolitan area and the kiids are pretty much from families that have been there for many generations.  

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, house said:

never said all posts on the other forum were ugly.  one post suggested recruiting and there was chatter that Carthages success may be due to some oil boom in '07.  that theory would suggest some kind of unfair advantage Carthage may  have received.  sounded like sour grape excuses to me.  the simple truth is the Carthage school board did a great job in their coach pick and the community has some families that are pretty darn athletic.  one of the amazing things to me is that Carthage isnt a suburb of a metropolitan area and the kiids are pretty much from families that have been there for many generations.  

let me help you out my friend.  Carthage's current coach took over in what year?

BOOM = 2007.

But you damn sure right about the unfair advantage though.

having probably the best highschool coach in Texas is an unfair advantage!

Take care!

17 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Again, I didn’t say that anyone was making excuses. I responded to someone saying there were by saying “gotta love preemptive excuses.” It was a general statement. Never said “Jasper fans are already throwing out excuses!” It was a simple comment on someone’s post. Get over it. It’s not like I’m out here shouting stuff about Jasper. If you consider my comment fake news, then you don’t know what news is. There was no news in my statement.