Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

Coach Surratt was untested as a head coach at the time Carthage hired him.  No way anyone could have imagined his successs.  your idea that the Carthage success is tied to an oil boom is grasping for anything.  Dont remember these kinds of comments coming up before any other Carthage game.  I wont continue this as I'm sure folks are getting tired.  

1 hour ago, JasperDawg said:

let me help you out my friend.  Carthage's current coach took over in what year?

BOOM = 2007.

But you damn sure right about the unfair advantage though.

having probably the best highschool coach in Texas is an unfair advantage!

Take care!

Will jasper have a video stream of the game tonight?  

Carthage's stream is unreliable at best.  Just want to have another option if possible. 

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Will jasper have a video stream of the game tonight?  

Carthage's stream is unreliable at best.  Just want to have another option if possible. 

Not a Jasper fan, but watched the Vidor vs Jasper game on KJAS.  Naturally Jasper announcers, but for homers, they did a decent job.  Stream was good.

10 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Not a Jasper fan, but watched the Vidor vs Jasper game on KJAS.  Naturally Jasper announcers, but for homers, they did a decent job.  Stream was good.

I never expect any home town announcers to not be homers for the most part. Haha. I just want to watch a stream that doesn't go down 4-5 times a game. 

Carthage's play by play guy isn't bad, but the "color commentator" I guess is what you would call him, he is as homer as it gets.  

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I never expect any home town announcers to not be homers for the most part. Haha. I just want to watch a stream that doesn't go down 4-5 times a game. 

Carthage's play by play guy isn't bad, but the "color commentator" I guess is what you would call him, he is as homer as it gets.  

They both have been doing this gig for many years, and the play-by-play guy is super intelligent. No joke, he was an economics professor at Panola College for years. You talk about sharp with numbers and balancing a budget, personal or business..

Anyhow, really good family and he’s the nicest guy around.

The color commentary is also another very nice guy who is our favorite homer fan, ha!

That team has seen a lot of struggles and a lot of success from our Bulldogs and I think it’s been a lot of fun for them to call the games these last 13 years.

Now if we can get that live game feed to be as consistently good as the Dawg offense we’ll all be happy! 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Again, I didn’t say that anyone was making excuses. I responded to someone saying there were by saying “gotta love preemptive excuses.” It was a general statement. Never said “Jasper fans are already throwing out excuses!” It was a simple comment on someone’s post. Get over it. It’s not like I’m out here shouting stuff about Jasper. If you consider my comment fake news, then you don’t know what news is. There was no news in my statement.

the fake news is what you made a blind reply to. you said it yourself that you commented because of what house said and did not know for yourself. 

that being my whole point had you known the WHOLE story I bet my house you and I wouldn't have had this delightful conversation.

Take care!

2 hours ago, house said:

Coach Surratt was untested as a head coach at the time Carthage hired him.  No way anyone could have imagined his successs.  your idea that the Carthage success is tied to an oil boom is grasping for anything.  Dont remember these kinds of comments coming up before any other Carthage game.  I wont continue this as I'm sure folks are getting tired.  

yes, for you not continue would be best, because you don't get it what so ever.

1 + 1= 2

BOOM WAS A REFERENCE TO THAT GREAT COACH CARTHAGE HIRED!

meaning when they hired him the program took off!

meaning they hired him 2007 and they were referring to him being the boom. 

House, you should really try seeing things thru rose colored glasses.

24 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

What are you talking about? It's a legit opinion.

You are the only person in the whole state that  see it that way. 
The Dawgs not only beat the top teams in 4A DII, they dominated them. 
Number 2, at the time number 4, and number 10. Add in number 9 in 4A DI. 
You might want to watch a game or two of the Dawgs before calling them over rated. 
Nothing wrong with picking against them, but over rated. 
Dawg D alone will change your opinion after this came. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are the only person in the whole state that  see it that way. 
The Dawgs not only beat the top teams in 4A DII, they dominated them. 
Number 2, at the time number 4, and number 10. Add in number 9 in 4A DI. 
You might want to watch a game or two of the Dawgs before calling them over rated. 
Nothing wrong with picking against them, but over rated. 
Dawg D alone will change your opinion after this came. 

You're probably right. I'm not very smart.

5 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

When I watched, great stream.   Enjoy!

5 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

What are you talking about? It's a legit opinion.

The C Dawgs Defense have 14 interceptions and 11 fumble recoveries in four ball games. 
somebody needs to check that. 
That is what the radio guys said tonight. I knew they had a bunch but did not know they have caused 25 turnovers in 4 games. 

FWIW........tonight's gameday meal consisted of sloppy joes, macaroni salad, and potato chips w/pickles, onions, and green olives on the side.  Also some tabasco ontop of the macaroni salad.  For dessert.......chocolate bite-sized cupcakes w/sprinkles.......usually one cupcake per bite. For the drink I chose Orange Crush........just thought it might be a good match......and it was.

• Like 1