Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

Jasper is a good football team but they have no passing game. 
They are big and have good speed. 
Their defense is pretty good but but a well balanced team like the C Dawgs made it very difficult on them. 
The C Dawgs did not play as good tonight in my opinion as they are capable on offense. 
The Dawg D played great again. 
They are so dang fast to the ball. 
They now have 15 interceptions in five games. 
Coach S said they played a little sloppy tonight. 

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Jasper is a good football team but they have no passing game. 
They are big and have good speed. 
Their defense is pretty good but but a well balanced team like the C Dawgs made it very difficult on them. 
The C Dawgs did not play as good tonight in my opinion as they are capable on offense. 
The Dawg D played great again. 
They are so dang fast to the ball. 
They now have 15 interceptions in five games. 
Coach S said they played a little sloppy tonight. 

Make that 16 INT’S in five ball games and 11 fumble recoveries. 
That my friends is one heck of a defense. 

• Like 1

When you play 2 safeties 18 yards off the line of scrimmage on every play except near your goal line and also on offense snap the ball with only a few seconds left most plays, you are saying - we hope to beat you but we really just don’t want you hanging 50 on us.  

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Make that 16 INT’S in five ball games and 11 fumble recoveries. 
That my friends is one heck of a defense. 

Jasper had a bad night they play better than that play calling stunk all night, there DF stunk up the place, i will put my money  on  Carthage  to win state one more time.

13 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

Jasper had a bad night they play better than that play calling stunk all night, there DF stunk up the place, i will put my money  on  Carthage  to win state one more time.

26 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

2 guys from WOS were walking out the gate in front of me........Carthage is good but they are thru after round 4 

that is what PG are saying 

20 hours ago, house said:

Coach Surratt was untested as a head coach at the time Carthage hired him.  No way anyone could have imagined his successs.  your idea that the Carthage success is tied to an oil boom is grasping for anything.  Dont remember these kinds of comments coming up before any other Carthage game.  I wont continue this as I'm sure folks are getting tired.  

I got so caught up in our Boom Boom Pow moment yesterday I forgot to share something with you.

Scott Surratt had a state championship ring in football before he came to Carthage.

He was OC for Coach Norton at Texas High in 2002 when they won it all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

J gets a score in garbage time to give us a 35-18 final and avoid the 2nd half shutout.  C Dawgs 5-0

I thought it was a little silly to call two timeouts with 30 seconds left just to score on the backups. 

#13 for Carthage got hurt early on and never came back in the game. Does anyone know if he’s alright? 

17 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I thought it was a little silly to call two timeouts with 30 seconds left just to score on the backups. 

#13 for Carthage got hurt early on and never came back in the game. Does anyone know if he’s alright? 

If our best WR is hurt that’s huge news and bad news for Carthage.

20 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Came out in the 2nd half walking on crutches........had ice pack on lower leg/ankle before half.......probably will be checked out today

Carthage should be fine with getting players back healthy until week 2 of playoffs. So, hopefully he is good to go in a little over4 weeks. 

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

I got so caught up in our Boom Boom Pow moment yesterday I forgot to share something with you.

Scott Surratt had a state championship ring in football before he came to Carthage.

He was OC for Coach Norton at Texas High in 2002 when they won it all.

aware of that.  and his wife's first cousin is Barry Switzer.  since we are playing sat morning trivia can you tell me who last night made the statement that the carthage players were getting chippy because they thought they were hot stuff?  hint:  was probably heard by thousands of ears.