Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I thought it was a little silly to call two timeouts with 30 seconds left just to score on the backups. 

#13 for Carthage got hurt early on and never came back in the game. Does anyone know if he’s alright? 

was that wade there WR

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I thought it was a little silly to call two timeouts with 30 seconds left just to score on the backups. 

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe it was for points purposes in case they wind up in a tie situation where playoffs are concerned.  I really wanted that 2nd half shutout though!  Lol

43 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

As has already been mentioned, Wade will have at least 4 weeks to get healthy before he might be needed.  Carthage could run one play over and over again the next 4 weeks and still win.

thanks  smiles are you sure of that over and over  stuff ,wade will surely be missed  now other teams will have  just one kid to watch  not your best wr just saying.

7 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

thanks  smiles are you sure of that over and over  stuff ,wade will surely be missed  now other teams will have  just one kid to watch  not your best wr just saying.

Do you honestly think Rusk, Madisonville, Shepherd or the 4th place team from D9 will have anything for Carthage?  The Dawgs ran the same stretch play to Courtney five times in a row last night vs #4 Jasper and avg’d like 15 yards per carry.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe it was for points purposes in case they wind up in a tie situation where playoffs are concerned.  I really wanted that 2nd half shutout though!  Lol

15 points maximum per S S. 

34 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Do you honestly think Rusk, Madisonville, Shepherd or the 4th place team from D9 will have anything for Carthage?  The Dawgs ran the same stretch play to Courtney five times in a row last night vs #4 Jasper and avg’d like 15 yards per carry.

I realize Carthage is on another level but Rusk isn’t going to “roll over”. They have some speed and a some kids that will  hit you. Regardless of the final score Carthage will have to earn the win. 

The score last night was not a good representation of how the game went. Carthage whipped jasper all over the field. Jasper played with 2 safeties almost 20 yards deep every play, which is saying that they don’t want to get 50 hung on them. Jasper could not stop the run. Don’t get me wrong, Carthage did not play their best football, but I don’t see anybody in 4A DII even coming close to beating them. Jasper in my opinion, is not much better than Center. 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:04 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Jasper has played Carthage pretty tough the last 2 times they have met as district opponents. In 2012 Carthage won 49-31 and in 2013 Carthage won 41-26. I expect this to be a closer game then some predict. They are 5-0 and have beaten everybody they’ve played soundly. I’m expecting a 42-21 type of game. If Carthage blows Jasper out, I’m not sure who will give them a good game this season. 

Was pretty close on my prediction. Jasper is a pretty good football team. Looks like if Jasper gets 2nd in D10 and WOS wins D11 they will play in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I think the winner of that game will play Carthage in the Region 3 Final (Quarterfinal). Interested to see the outcome of the WOS and Jasper game (unless something crazy happens). I think it’s pretty clear the top 3 teams in R3 are Carthage, WOS, and Jasper with Carthage being pretty far ahead of the other 2.

20 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

I realize Carthage is on another level but Rusk isn’t going to “roll over”. They have some speed and a some kids that will  hit you. Regardless of the final score Carthage will have to earn the win. 

Don’t get all hot under the collar.  My point is Carthage can afford to allow #13 to rest for up to four straight weeks (If needed) before he might be needed.  Take that as you wish.

9 minutes ago, Buckeyenation86 said:

The score last night was not a good representation of how the game went. Carthage whipped jasper all over the field. Jasper played with 2 safeties almost 20 yards deep every play, which is saying that they don’t want to get 50 hung on them. Jasper could not stop the run. Don’t get me wrong, Carthage did not play their best football, but I don’t see anybody in 4A DII even coming close to beating them. Jasper in my opinion, is not much better than Center. 

So Jasper ran cover 2...

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They shut Horton down.  😂

Congrats on that.............had over 200 yards rushing.   Surratt will take whatever you want to give.   2 safeties 20 yards away, only 3 down lineman, and the running game is gonna take over.  

11 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They shut Horton down.  😂

No they didn’t. They were forcing Carthage to run the ball and I guess they thought they could stop it, but they couldn’t. Carthage ran the ball at will all night. If your going to have a certain game plan to think you can stop “the run”, you better stop it. You would think Jasper would have switched something up. 

33 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This is an obvious statement but just want to say it out loud. Mason Courtney is really good. He is fun to watch. He pounds defenses. Finishes every run. I can’t really see one weakness in his game. 

Barbay's pre game comments on courtney were that he wasn't overpowering, they could tackle him just matter of doing it.  I'm going to guess he has a little more respect for the young man today.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Don’t get all hot under the collar.  My point is Carthage can afford to allow #13 to rest for up to four straight weeks (If needed) before he might be needed.  Take that as you wish.

What? I’m not hot. You asked if Rusk would “ have anything for them?” I’m just saying they will most certainly have something. Not enough to win but they will show up and give it a shot. 

17 minutes ago, house said:

Barbay's pre game comments on courtney were that he wasn't overpowering, they could tackle him just matter of doing it.  I'm going to guess he has a little more respect for the young man today.  

I guess he has not paid close attention. He has hammered defenses the past 2 years. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

What? I’m not hot. You asked if Rusk would “ have anything for them?” I’m just saying they will most certainly have something. Not enough to win but they will show up and give it a shot. 

I think SS and the Dawg staff expect everyone’s best each week.  That comes with the territory when you are the defending champs with the #1 ranking.