Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

2 hours ago, house said:

Barbay's pre game comments on courtney were that he wasn't overpowering, they could tackle him just matter of doing it.  I'm going to guess he has a little more respect for the young man today.  

I’ve noticed a trend with the opposing coaches and broadcasters each week. Courtney does not get much respect and love and then every week goes out there and runs people over, getting all the tough extra yards. 

13 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I’ve noticed a trend with the opposing coaches and broadcasters each week. Courtney does not get much respect and love and then every week goes out there and runs people over, getting all the tough extra yards. 

Yeah I think they assume it’s all in the OL.  No doubt it helps to run behind the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Dawg OL’s.  But  any coach that watches the film will see #2 always gets positive yards, rarely goes down on first contact, takes care of the ball, has great hands as a receiver, and has surprising speed.  He is most certainly a complete back.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, powerlifter said:

thanks  smiles are you sure of that over and over  stuff ,wade will surely be missed  now other teams will have  just one kid to watch  not your best wr just saying.

Other teams will have just one kid to watch? Am I reading that correctly?

20 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

So Jasper ran cover 2...

Most plays they had one corner back almost as deep as the safeties. It was almost a cover 3. Guess they thought their front 7 could stop the run without safety help. Guess the thinking was make them earn it on the ground and not give up the big throws.

• Like 2

Barbay emphasised in the pregame talk the need to stop the big play which he indicated as a big part of the Carthage offense.  Think he overdid it a little.  

Was nice of Jasper to call those last time outs to allow the Carthage second string to get a few extra plays experience. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, house said:

Barbay emphasised in the pregame talk the need to stop the big play which he indicated as a big part of the Carthage offense.  Think he overdid it a little.  

Was nice of Jasper to call those last time outs to allow the Carthage second string to get a few extra plays experience. 

It's cute that a few fans on that forum down south are proud of that 35-18 score.  Nevermind that J's only td in the 2nd half came with less than 10 secs left to play in the game and it was against our 2's. Lol

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

It's cute that a few fans on that forum down south are proud of that 35-18 score.  Nevermind that J's only td in the 2nd half came with less than 10 secs left to play in the game and it was against our 2's. Lol

Oh well, Surratt said it was the worst game the Bulldogs have played this year, and I’d tend to agree. Also, Horton was way off Friday night and the center had troubles in the shotgun snap. Just kind of sloppy. 

The defense played well and the OL did too. On to the next with an opportunity to improve.

17 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh well, Surratt said it was the worst game the Bulldogs have played this year, and I’d tend to agree. Also, Horton was way off Friday night and the center had troubles in the shotgun snap. Just kind of sloppy. 

The defense played well and the OL did too. On to the next with an opportunity to improve.

Yep.  Worst offensive performance against the #4 ranked team in D2 at their house.  First string D gave up one TD and 2's gave up 1 + the 2 point conversion with 6 seconds left in the game.  Offense struggled and still scored 35 points. Cherry on top:  I think #2 for the Red Dawgs had more rushing yards that J's rb.  I'll take it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Yep.  Worst offensive performance against the #4 ranked team in D2 at their house.  First string D gave up one TD and 2's gave up 1 + the 2 point conversion with 6 seconds left in the game.  Offense struggled and still scored 35 points. Cherry on top:  I think #2 for the Red Dawgs had more rushing yards that J's rb.  I'll take it!

Carl Limbrick #34(Jasper)

157 yds.  2tds

M. Courtney #2(Carthage)

169 yds. 4tds

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That is a hot take. 

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being frozen and 10 being a tongue scalding pizza roll that you bit into way too soon and the cheese and sauce comes spilling out and renders your tongue tasteless for a day or two... how hot do you think that take is? 

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being frozen and 10 being a tongue scalding pizza roll that you bit into way too soon and the cheese and sauce comes spilling out and renders your tongue tasteless for a day or two... how hot do you think that take is? 

Hot, but not totally insane 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

This game was actually closer than I anticipated. Jasper must have a pretty solid squad. 

Jasper is not bad. Limbrick is a very tough runner. Their o-line had good size and gave good effort. I think Jasper was decent in the secondary, but they were also playing not to get beat in the passing game and Carthage was missing perhaps their best WR. 

35-10 is a more accurate score. They called timeouts with less than a minute left to score a TD and 2 pt conversion against the second string defense. 

Im not trying to take anything away from Jasper, just my honest opinion. I think they could make waves in the playoffs potentially.

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Jasper is not bad. Limbrick is a very tough runner. Their o-line had good size and gave good effort. I think Jasper was decent in the secondary, but they were also playing not to get beat in the passing game and Carthage was missing perhaps their best WR. 

35-10 is a more accurate score. They called timeouts with less than a minute left to score a TD and 2 pt conversion against the second string defense. 

Im not trying to take anything away from Jasper, just my honest opinion. I think they could make waves in the playoffs potentially.

Yeah I've only seen Jasper once in person and they were pretty big. 

Was it 21-7 at halftime?

The story of the game was the Dawg D and the Dawg O line and Courtney. 
The Dawg O line has whipped every D line they have faced, running or passing. Courtney is the most under rated running back in the state. 
He never stops pounding tacklers. 
The Starting Dawg D has only allowed 28 points in 5 games. 
16 INT,S and 11 forced fumbles in 5 ball games against five opponents ranked in the top ten. 
Just my homer opinion but I think the Dawg D is the best in all of 4A. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The story of the game was the Dawg D and the Dawg O line and Courtney. 
The Dawg O line has whipped every D line they have faced, running or passing. Courtney is the most under rated running back in the state. 
He never stops pounding tacklers. 
The Starting Dawg D has only allowed 28 points in 5 games. 
16 INT,S and 11 forced fumbles in 5 ball games against five opponents ranked in the top ten. 
Just my homer opinion but I think the Dawg D is the best in all of 4A. 

From all the different teams I've been able to watch on Youtube livestreaming.......I would tend to agree with you about the D for Carthage.......they are most definitely Top Drawer in the Top Tier Level.....JMO.

• Like 1