Carthage @ Jasper

HearEmaGrowlin

Both Argyle and Melissa have really great offensive teams......with Argyle having a very good defensive unit as well.  Argyle also has a great kicker and special teams which gives them the edge in a close game against an equally good offensive team.  La Vega has a very good defense also......good at every position and play well together.  Graham surprised me against Iowa Park.......their clips looked impressive.  I had Iowa Park winning that battle.......but it wasn't close.

25 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Both Argyle and Melissa have really great offensive teams......with Argyle having a very good defensive unit as well.  Argyle also has a great kicker and special teams which gives them the edge in a close game against an equally good offensive team.  La Vega has a very good defense also......good at every position and play well together.  Graham surprised me against Iowa Park.......their clips looked impressive.  I had Iowa Park winning that battle.......but it wasn't close.

Regaleagle 

unless Argyle has major injuries, I see no one in DI beating Argyle. 
I know about Lampasas but Argyle has improved on the defensive side of the ball. 
Stay healthy and I see Argyle as the 2020 state champs. 

21 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Regaleagle 

unless Argyle has major injuries, I see no one in DI beating Argyle. 
I know about Lampasas but Argyle has improved on the defensive side of the ball. 
Stay healthy and I see Argyle as the 2020 state champs. 

I watched some of the gameclips of the La Vega/Stephenville game.......both teams looked very good.  La Vega never has any clips to look at, but the Stephenville highlights were very extensive and even showed some of LV's scoring plays.  Stephenville has tons of speed on the field......I was very impressed on how far they have come as a team from early in the season.  You could see how good they were against Melissa......should have really won that shootout high scoring affair.  Yet, LV beat them 42-24 last week.  One TD reception for Stephenville was waved off for bobbling that was really a TD on replays.  That was early in the 3rd and would have brought Stephenville within 7.  La Vega got a couple of scores in the 4th to extend the lead and played tough defense to get a solid win over a very impressive Stephenville team.  Melissa is also improved and loaded with speed and talent on both sides of the ball......and use two highly effective QB's most games....one a senior that is the better runner, and the junior is the better passer......both are good.   So there will be no clear sailing for Argyle in Region 2.......they will need to win the region against one of these teams IMHO.  I think Melissa will get a shot at LV before Argyle since Argyle defeated Melissa in district play already(for the probable title).  From what I've seen, either Melissa, Argyle, or La Vega will win the Regional Semifinal against Region 1 Champ(Dumas, Springtown, or Canyon) and any of these 3 are highly capable of winning the Championship......but Argyle will have the inside track for sure.

As far as staying "healthy", Argyle has already lost a starter for the season on the O-line and a couple of starters on D......one was our best D-line starter senior.  But this season Argyle is loaded with talent and depth at every position and has really not seen any differences in quality of play.  Argyle suits about 73 for every game.....and pretty much all 73 have seen extensive action so far this season.  Argyle can easily suit 10 more when the playoffs get here......and most probably will.  The depth and quality is the deepest in Argyle's history......without question.