The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol. I gonna be honest I did not read the article. I will though take it one step farther. Since 1968 when Jasper beat Carthage 42-8  you know what that makes the head to head record for our schools 2

Congrats to them C Dawgs.  Typical Carthage team.  Another well oiled machine.  My best wishes to yall for the rest of the season. Just maybe, we can play yall again before the season is finished

Jasper has beaten everyone they played pretty soundly, you are correct, but they also haven’t played a team that’s got a record better than .500. They are going to have to be big and strong to be a ba

21 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Actually benefit Carthage if jasper was a competitive game. Going through the motions can go so far when you meet a team that has a pulse. Luckily the three non district games had some pedigree to them and they soundly defeated them.

Other than Texarkana Pleasant Grove the other games have really been over at the half. I don't see Jasper causing any issues

17 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I believe Carthage wins this one just as handily as they have every other game this season.  Carthage is on another planet this year.  

better than last year your saying a lot

8 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

better than last year your saying a lot

I know it may sound strange, given how good they were last year and how many starters they had to replace.  But with that being said, I think the results of the games so far against the competition they have played speak for itself.  

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I know it may sound strange, given how good they were last year and how many starters they had to replace.  But with that being said, I think the results of the games so far against the competition they have played speak for itself.  

so true my friend i wish them luck

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Competition got somewhat easier. Last year was About four teams this year PG which they have beaten and WoS . That is it.

C

3 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Competition got somewhat easier. Last year was About four teams this year PG which they have beaten and WoS . That is it.

wo-s is a good team with lots of  JR leadership there are no wares close to Carthage size  but lord there speeds to the ball is on defence is something to be hold.the mustangs have two of the best  wr  in the state hands down super speed and a sr QB who  has a very strong arm throws bullets and outstanding speed. now then the end of this story the coaches have put it this way give them a inc they will hurt you at the end all jr this year as you can see wo-s is loaded with jr leadership.

31 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Wos. Is like a La Vega in that division, surely Wos. Would be Carthage toughest game.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, Sbk5280 said:

Carthage by about 4 TDs seems about the going rate lol..

Took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the 2017 season where I was like a broken record with my "Dawgs by 3 td's" picks....even with the state title game,  which I caught some flack for,  but the Dawgs had my back.  It's too early in the season for me to do that stuff just yet.  I need to see some more football first.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Reminds me of the 2017 season where I was like a broken record with my "Dawgs by 3 td's" picks....even with the state title game,  which I caught some flack for,  but the Dawgs had my back.  It's too early in the season for me to do that stuff just yet.  I need to see some more football first.

I just think from what I've seen against the competition they have played, id take this team in any game.  Div 1 or Div 2.  I didn't expect this level of play after losing as many starters as they did and then missing games because of Covid.  But that secondary is crazy and the team speed and penetration on defense is fantastic.  

Just now, mikehoncho said:

I just think from what I've seen against the competition they have played, id take this team in any game.  Div 1 or Div 2.  I didn't expect this level of play after losing as many starters as they did and then missing games because of Covid.  But that secondary is crazy and the team speed and penetration on defense is fantastic.  

I saw somewhere that this year’s Jr class at Carthage has never lost a football game since starting in 7th grade.  That is crazy!

2 hours ago, powerlifter said:

C

wo-s is a good team with lots of  JR leadership there are no wares close to Carthage size  but lord there speeds to the ball is on defence is something to be hold.the mustangs have two of the best  wr  in the state hands down super speed and a sr QB who  has a very strong arm throws bullets and outstanding speed. now then the end of this story the coaches have put it this way give them a inc they will hurt you at the end all jr this year as you can see wo-s is loaded with jr leadership.

They will give them a game but  you might as well give them the rings for the next two years. We’ll definitely this year. Same reason why everyone was absolutely disgusted when Carthage dropped and was in absolute Ethiopia of glee coming from Division 1.  They had parades in Waco , Henderson, Arygle, Lampasas , Texas celebrating this glorious occasion.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

lets see how all this pans out its hard to run when you have such a large DF as Carthage has unless you have a scat bac like PG has he got some good yard  agnest Carthage

11 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

lets see how all this pans out its hard to run when you have such a large DF as Carthage has unless you have a scat bac like PG has he got some good yard  agnest Carthage

Yet they still got whipped.  Scoreboard.

18 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

Man I thought I type bad. I got nothing on you. Even lionkingbunch of numbers guy is blushing. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, country said:

As to what I have seen so far this year Carthage is the only team the lock down has not affected.

Dogs by as many as they want.

Covid is scared of Surratt. His ability to take over a victim I mean team is unreal. You can lock everything up we still scared of those rings

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

No Vega is D1 woS is D2

Lol I know that, i was meaning in D1 the top team is Vega most likely Carthage has faced when they were in D1 but in D2 Wos  the team that most likely Carthage would face in D2.

In D1 La Vega always made it to playoffs and most the time if you get to State you would have to face La Vega same way goes for Wos in D2, I always wonder what a game would ever turn out between La Vega vs Wos and have they ever played each other maybe in a season or whatever, that would be a fun game to watch if happened.