The Smoakhouse Forums

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol. I gonna be honest I did not read the article. I will though take it one step farther. Since 1968 when Jasper beat Carthage 42-8  you know what that makes the head to head record for our schools 2

Congrats to them C Dawgs.  Typical Carthage team.  Another well oiled machine.  My best wishes to yall for the rest of the season. Just maybe, we can play yall again before the season is finished

Jasper has beaten everyone they played pretty soundly, you are correct, but they also haven’t played a team that’s got a record better than .500. They are going to have to be big and strong to be a ba

24 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

What are you talking about? It's a legit opinion.

You are the only person in the whole state that  see it that way. 
The Dawgs not only beat the top teams in 4A DII, they dominated them. 
Number 2, at the time number 4, and number 10. Add in number 9 in 4A DI. 
You might want to watch a game or two of the Dawgs before calling them over rated. 
Nothing wrong with picking against them, but over rated. 
Dawg D alone will change your opinion after this came. 

8 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

You are the only person in the whole state that  see it that way. 
The Dawgs not only beat the top teams in 4A DII, they dominated them. 
Number 2, at the time number 4, and number 10. Add in number 9 in 4A DI. 
You might want to watch a game or two of the Dawgs before calling them over rated. 
Nothing wrong with picking against them, but over rated. 
Dawg D alone will change your opinion after this came. 

You're probably right. I'm not very smart.

5 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I never expect any home town announcers to not be homers for the most part. Haha. I just want to watch a stream that doesn't go down 4-5 times a game. 

Carthage's play by play guy isn't bad, but the "color commentator" I guess is what you would call him, he is as homer as it gets.  

When I watched, great stream.   Enjoy!

5 hours ago, DeKlabBeers said:

What are you talking about? It's a legit opinion.

The C Dawgs Defense have 14 interceptions and 11 fumble recoveries in four ball games. 
somebody needs to check that. 
That is what the radio guys said tonight. I knew they had a bunch but did not know they have caused 25 turnovers in 4 games. 

FWIW........tonight's gameday meal consisted of sloppy joes, macaroni salad, and potato chips w/pickles, onions, and green olives on the side.  Also some tabasco ontop of the macaroni salad.  For dessert.......chocolate bite-sized cupcakes w/sprinkles.......usually one cupcake per bite. For the drink I chose Orange Crush........just thought it might be a good match......and it was.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Sounds like Carthage finally found a team that will give their players a little competition, Huh?  

We've been close with other teams before half as well.  Having said that,  I'm impressed with the J Dawgs

• Like 1