Henderson vs Palestine

Stoney

Henderson vs Palestine  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Henderson
    • Palestine

2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I can't tell if you are saying I would be arrogant to ask for Henderson to have won a championship in the past 6 years as opposed to settling for 3-4 rounds deep, but I dont see that as arrogant.  I'll put it this way and its the last ill speak on it... With the major talents and athletes Henderson has had in the last 10 years I think a truly elite, top level coach would have Won a championship with those kids.  Henderson won state in 2010, but that was Meeks wasn't it? Not Castles.  Ebner, Van Zant, Medford among many others.  Fantastic talent in Henderson.  I don't believe the coaching is as good as the talent/athletes.  

Understand but if you remember that year, Henderson ran into Carthage and wasn't going to out coach Surat and that's the big difference in that game without playing Carthage, Henderson would have won state but playing up against one of the best coaches in East Texas, what can you do, and really not calling you arrogant. It's  just if a person thinks like that,  they will seem sort of arrogant and not pleased nor happy for what that have and what they did in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Understand but if you remember that year, Henderson ran into Carthage and wasn't going to out coach Surat and that's the big difference in that game without playing Carthage, Henderson would have won state but playing up against one of the best coaches in East Texas, what can you do, and really not calling you arrogant. It's  just if a person thinks like that,  they will seem sort of arrogant and not pleased nor happy for what that have and what they did in the past.

That is a good point.  I believe Henderson would have probably won it all the year they lost to Carthage in I think... Longview? If that was the epic game i'm thinking of.  I respect your opinion, I'm just not sold on Castles.  

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

That's ok. As a long time reader of this forum I knew simply suggesting that Castles is not as good as it gets would not be a popular opinion with some.  And I guess it also depends on what standards you hold.  I'm just not personally as impressed by him, as others are.  I get it though.  They aren't bad numbers to look at.  Not the best either. I guess for me when I think of elite id like to have seen them actually get to the championship game some of these years, if not win one.  Especially give some of the amazing athletes and talent that have come through there in the last several years.  

Point well taken.    I believe we have a great coach and felt I needed to share my opinion just as you have shared yours.  

• Like 1