Cowboys Rest Of Season

Just now, EastTxFinest said:

I don't want to see them quit. That ain't an option. Next man up 

I think it could be easier for them to keep playing like they are and wind up stinking it up then them fixing a bad defense and turning things around.

10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I believe Dalton is capable and can lead Dallas far. That defense and oline need help.

All the Andy Dalton guys here’s your chance to put your money where your mouth is. We’ve seen Dak have to ball out to keep this team close enough to win. What can they do with Andy?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Got the Dub!!!! Gallop is a beast

His freaking body control and concentration is incredible!! Two plays that close to the sideline and keeps the feet in and makes the catch. That’s a WR1 in my book.83FF539F-3B96-4661-9898-F5512EB875FF.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

His freaking body control and concentration is incredible!! Two plays that close to the sideline and keeps the feet in and makes the catch. That’s a WR1 in my book.83FF539F-3B96-4661-9898-F5512EB875FF.jpeg

One of the best catches I've seen by a Cowboy in awhile. Basically the game winning catch. 

• Like 1

I'm not willing to give up yet, but The defense does need some help quick fast.  I don't know how bad Dak's injury, but if it's possible career ending I wouldn't resign him.  I already had thoughts of cutting ties after this year, and drafting a new quarterback.  I take that all back now.  I want them to lose the rest of their games this season, and go for the Trevor Lawrence lottery pick.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'm not willing to give up yet, but The defense does need some help quick fast.  I don't know how bad Dak's injury, but if it's possible career ending I wouldn't resign him.  I already had thoughts of cutting ties after this year, and drafting a new quarterback.  I take that all back now.  I want them to lose the rest of their games this season, and go for the Trevor Lawrence lottery pick.  

That was definitely the look of a man questioning his future. I wished they would have paid him in the offseason because I do believe he’s a franchise QB. You can’t look at the past 4 games and how he kept them even remarkably close with a laughable defense and not think he’s a good QB. This is gonna be heartless. The only bright spot of him being on a franchise tag deal is that if the injury is a career ender then Dallas is a great spot financially. Dallas should have an idea of the severity soon. If it’s awful news, Dalton going 2-14 ain’t the worst thing. A playoff team does absolutely zero to help this team. The o-line  has turned bad quick. The defense is pathetic. You need to be two things in this league, horrible or a Super Bowl contender. Average is a death sentence. You’re not competing for a title. You’re getting the top tier talent in the draft to improve your team. 

• Like 1

Dallas is starting UDFAs at LT and RT. Connor Williams, Tyler Biadasz and Zack Martin makes a decent interior. Connor McGovern is a 3rd round pick who can’t get on the field. I wonder when Joe Looney comes back if he’ll slide into the RG spot and Martin kick out to RT?

Other than that, Dalton should have a good offense to work with. Zeke’s still healthy. Ceedee Lamb is the real deal at WR. Cooper and Gallup ain’t shabby. Schultz has stepped up in Jarwin’s absence to be a decent TE option.

That defense will be the decision maker on how the season goes. 27th ranked D averaging giving up 404.4ypg and 36ppg. Dallas has 10 sacks which is good for 21st in the league. Mike Nolan moved from the booth to the sideline this week. Unless he moves to the field against Arizona and ROS, I can’t see this thing turning around. The pressure will be on the offense to score on every drive to keep things close. 

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

That was definitely the look of a man questioning his future. I wished they would have paid him in the offseason because I do believe he’s a franchise QB. You can’t look at the past 4 games and how he kept them even remarkably close with a laughable defense and not think he’s a good QB. This is gonna be heartless. The only bright spot of him being on a franchise tag deal is that if the injury is a career ender then Dallas is a great spot financially. Dallas should have an idea of the severity soon. If it’s awful news, Dalton going 2-14 ain’t the worst thing. A playoff team does absolutely zero to help this team. The o-line  has turned bad quick. The defense is pathetic. You need to be two things in this league, horrible or a Super Bowl contender. Average is a death sentence. You’re not competing for a title. You’re getting the top tier talent in the draft to improve your team. 

It would be amazing if Dalton's play led to two teams getting the #1 draft pick.  I think the Giants will actually get it, but they have their quarterback.  Dalton has only been in the league for 10 years, and should have 5 more for a quarterback, and he might fight for a job next year.  That would hurt the Cowboys chances of losing more games than would be needed.  

15 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I didn’t realize he was still in the NFL. Cowboys sign Garrett Gilbert as an 3rd string qb. He is the guy who replaced Colt McCoy in the National championship as a true freshman and gave them first losing season the following year. 

He's still the third stringer behind DiNucci.  I don't think he'll last very long with the Cowboys.   

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

He's still the third stringer behind DiNucci.  I don't think he'll last very long with the Cowboys.   

This is where I miss the preseason. I would have loved to see what Tha Nooch could do on the field. One thing I always liked about Green Bay was there ability to turn late round QBs into higher value draft picks. Either by trade or free agent signing.

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Aka the DC will be fired the next obvious embarrassment. At this moment just lose and try for Trever lawerson. This draft needs a cornerback, safety, QB , DL , and Offense line needs.

And a new GM/Owner  ...

50 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

And a new GM/Owner  ...

Comrade Kirt and Secretary Hardin would be a fun Owner/GM pairing. “You want raise? Here’s turnip.” “You fumble ball. You go Siberia or West Hardin. Both same.” “Cowboys new star and sickle logo much better as is new red uniforms.” “New cheerleaders much better than old.”

• LOL! 3

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Comrade Kirt and Secretary Hardin would be a fun Owner/GM pairing. “You want raise? Here’s turnip.” “You fumble ball. You go Siberia or West Hardin. Both same.” “Cowboys new star and sickle logo much better as is new red uniforms.” “New cheerleaders much better than old.”

If Jerruh had pulled the trigger on Hurts, they would be off to the races ..... Hurts is Kyler "catfish eyes" Murray, Russell Wilson, Joe Burrow ... all rolled into one package ....

• LOL! 1