Cowboys Rest Of Season

Well, the Washington Redskins were forced to change their name because the phony liberal injuns were offended, how long before the Dallas Cowboys are forced to change their name because real Cowboys are offended? .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

On 11/2/2020 at 7:05 AM, Stoney said:

99251262-CB28-4DF0-95BB-D0372270A9D5.jpeg

We need Houston and New York to win. That will get us top 3.

It seems Atlanta would have the tie breaker for the head to head meeting.  I think NY beats the Cowboys the next time around.  I think the Jets are done for the season and might go 0fer.  Miami might be a team on the rise, but I did hear an interesting stat today.  He and Clint Stoerner and Tua are the only two quarterbacks to win a game in the past 10 years throwing for under 100 yards.  I hope Dallas gets a high draft pick, but we need defensive back help so bad that I don't know if Jerry would select a quarterback.  I'm still unsure on how Dak is going to respond to treatment on his broken ankle.  If I had a reference on a player that had the same type of injury in the past to go on, then I might think he has a shot at coming back.  

D2603770-5F18-4B45-B865-AD77834E42A9.jpeg

Top 3 pick. Trevor Lawrence. Justin Fields. Hopefully there’s a Zach Wilson or Trey Lance somebody wants to move up for. Dallas could be looking at a haul of draft picks to love down.

2018- Indy traded down from 3 to 6, got Jets two 2nd round picks and a 2019 2nd rounder

2017- 49ers traded back from 2 to 3, got Bears 3rd,4th round picks and a 2018 3rd pick

2017- Buffalo traded down from 10 to 27, got KC’s 3rd pick and a 2018 1st rounder

Dallas could reload a bad defense with that type of haul.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Stoney said:

Top 3 pick. Trevor Lawrence. Justin Fields. Hopefully there’s a Zach Wilson or Trey Lance somebody wants to move up for. Dallas could be looking at a haul of draft picks to love down.

2018- Indy traded down from 3 to 6, got Jets two 2nd round picks and a 2019 2nd rounder

2017- 49ers traded back from 2 to 3, got Bears 3rd,4th round picks and a 2018 3rd pick

2017- Buffalo traded down from 10 to 27, got KC’s 3rd pick and a 2018 1st rounder

They did play the Steelers tough today, and I think should have won the game had Vander Esch not made the personal foul.  Maybe he did it for the draft picks for the good of the team, and I'm okay with that right now.  I'm all for the Cowboys tanking and if they want to trade down for more picks the more the merrier.  I think the salary cap may lower after this year, and it's going to be a balance between young up and coming stars, and a couple of superstars.  I don't think we have any superstars anymore, but they are being paid as such.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

.  I don't think we have any superstars anymore, but they are being paid as such.  

It’s looking like there’s some bad deals on this team. Jaylon Smith’s play has taken a step back. Zeke’s showing why you don’t pay a running back. 

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 8:40 PM, Stoney said:

It’s looking like there’s some bad deals on this team. Jaylon Smith’s play has taken a step back. Zeke’s showing why you don’t pay a running back. 

I'm starting to see that with him now, he does like to eat, and it hasn't been yardage this year.  I know he has two rushing titles under his belt, but he needs to stay off the Doritos and breakfast cereals.  He can't even be traded until 2023, and can't really be cut until 2024.  He's still not that big of a hit until then on the cap though until 2022.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Yea, that's the ticket, trade all the way down to the 7th round and stock up with more low grade bums and culls .... Jerruh will still clean up on merchandise sales ... and if the fans ever come back he will make a boat load of money on souvenir soda cups and $15 samitches, not to mention the $100-300 high dollar reserve parking rip offs .... yea, move down Jerruh and line up and face the studs you passed on to git some more bums  .... maybe you can convince Goodell to let you play 15 of your bums against 11 of their top round picks ... that's only fair ...

• Grumpy 1

16 hours ago, Stoney said:

C'mon Cowboys, you got this!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

The Giants are in first place in the Least right now, but I don't see them winning another game except against the Cowboys.  The Cowboys have the easiest schedule the rest of the year out of the three others.  While checking schedules, I did find this gem :  https://fbschedules.com/washington-redskins-schedule/ .  At least one site still refers to them as Redskins.  I don't want to see the Cowboys win anymore games, but they could possibly run the table even against the Ravens whenever that game is played if they still have Wuhan issues.  It's always down to the end of the season it seems like.  Just like last year though, the Cowboys only had to win against the Eagles, and still lost.  I've already written off the season.  So even if the Cowboys make the playoffs they wouldn't advance.  

• Like 1

I have not watched a SJW game this year, and I was a die hard life long Cowboy fan. My family is multi-generational Cowboys fans. BUT I HATE THE WOKE MARXIST STUFF that the  NFL embraced more then I love the cowboys. Looks like I have not missed that much this year.
so the mantra from reading yawls post is "Same drama but with a different mamma." 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, etxfootball2010 said:

Cowboys main needs list IMO in no particular order DT MLB S CB OT. Coming up with a way to fill all those holes is the hard part. And IF Tyron Smith comes back strong after finally getting the surgery then the offense should be solid. 

Offensively, this team isn’t in bad shape but needs to address the o-line depth. A late day 2 or early day 3 OT. Other than that this teams needs to add as much defensive talent it can to the DL, LB, Secondary. Cornerback or trade down at 4. It better be a king’s ransom if we move down.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Offensively, this team isn’t in bad shape but needs to address the o-line depth. A late day 2 or early day 3 OT. Other than that this teams needs to add as much defensive talent it can to the DL, LB, Secondary. Cornerback or trade down at 4. It better be a king’s ransom if we move down.

Yeah I agree, corner is probably the only position that’s worth the kind of pick they should have. After that they’ve got to beef up the middle of the field. The DTs look like they’re on roller skates and the linebackers are unsure which gap to hit in the run game. If they can retain Aldon Smith then between him Gregory and Lawrence I think the pass rush is fine but every other D-lineman besides Gallimore has proven themselves incapable.

1 hour ago, etxfootball2010 said:

Yeah I agree, corner is probably the only position that’s worth the kind of pick they should have. After that they’ve got to beef up the middle of the field. The DTs look like they’re on roller skates and the linebackers are unsure which gap to hit in the run game. If they can retain Aldon Smith then between him Gregory and Lawrence I think the pass rush is fine but every other D-lineman besides Gallimore has proven themselves incapable.

I’m torn between taking a Patrick Surtain or Caleb Fairley at 4 or moving down for a Jaycee Horn/ Shaun Wade and a extra pick. We need some young, athletic fat guys on the interior. That’s a day 2 pick right now for me. I’m coming around to the idea of making Jaylon Smith a June 1st cut, saving $7m in cap and replacing him with Anthony Hitchens type day 3 pick at LB. A solid LB. I still don’t know if the team emphasizes safety as much as other teams. Xavier Woods and Donovan Wilson have their moments but can be upgraded.

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m torn between taking a Patrick Surtain or Caleb Fairley at 4 or moving down for a Jaycee Horn/ Shaun Wade and a extra pick. We need some young, athletic fat guys on the interior. That’s a day 2 pick right now for me. I’m coming around to the idea of making Jaylon Smith a June 1st cut, saving $7m in cap and replacing him with Anthony Hitchens type day 3 pick at LB. A solid LB. I still don’t know if the team emphasizes safety as much as other teams. Xavier Woods and Donovan Wilson have their moments but can be upgraded.

I think we can address all the needs if we don't resign Dak and Jaylon, and keep the pick at #4 and possibly higher if we tank out the rest of the season.  A loss to Cincy would move Dallas to 3, and a loss would drop us possibly to 8-10.  This is a must lose game in my opinion.  If Dallas can't select Trevor Lawrence then I see no reason to stay at #4, and trade down.  The bad thing is there isn't a single Free Agent QB I would want, and only a couple of College prospects coming out except Lawrence.  I don't think any of them will fall to the Cowboys at even #3.  Zach Wilson intrigues me, but I would only risk a second round pick on him.  I read that he's slated to go to the Lions in the upcoming draft.  Next years Cowboys aren't going to get much better, even with the talent I thought we had except for the secondary.  That proved to be wrong as this season has progressed.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dallas currently has pick 10. Can get up to pick 8 with wins from Panthers and Broncos.

Leave it to Jerruh to make a blockbuster bone headed deal somewhere along the way all the way up to Goodell putting Jerruh on the clock .... Jerruh loves him some mediocre talent ... he has been inbreeding his heard since he cut Jimmy J loose ....

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Leave it to Jerruh to make a blockbuster bone headed deal somewhere along the way all the way up to Goodell putting Jerruh on the clock .... Jerruh loves him some mediocre talent ... he has been inbreeding his heard since he cut Jimmy J loose ....

They need to cull the herd. We got a linebacker more into swiping than tackling and is softer than single ply Charmin. We’re paying a RB top dollar when the smart money is not to pay RBs. You keep Dak upright and get him a defense then this team could win some games. Not as many as with bad play calling from the coaches. If I was McCarthy and saw my OC accept and decline the Boise State HC job because he got a 3 year extension, I’d be getting strong Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett vibes.