The Smoakhouse Forums

4 hours ago, etxfootball2010 said:

So the question becomes, if/when the cowboys get a top ten pick.. what position or who do you go for? Assuming Dak, Smith, Collins and Martin are 100% next year, what’s the biggest need that’s worth a top pick?

Offensively? I think the time has come to have a discussion about Tyron Smith. Guy has played 10 years. First 5 years never missed a game. Last 5 years, he’s missed 26 games. I just don’t know if could spend a top 10 pick on a LT unless Tyron Smith is gone but Dallas needs to address the position instead of UDFAs.

Defensively? There’s not a position on there that doesn’t need a upgrade. There’s nothing up the middle stopping the run. No pass rush. The secondary is awful. CB, DE, LB, DT would work. This organization doesn’t believe in Safety being worthy of a day 1, day 2 pick.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sports can teach us so much. Here is today's geometry lesson (is there extra credit for doing homework on Sunday?!) ...

Comrade Kirt and Secretary Hardin would be a fun Owner/GM pairing. “You want raise? Here’s turnip.” “You fumble ball. You go Siberia or West Hardin. Both same.” “Cowboys new star and sickle logo much

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Trade for Hurts  ....

Dalton will get us a top 10 pick faster than Hurts will.

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dalton will get us a top 10 pick faster than Hurts will.

You won't need a top 10 pick if Jerruh traded for Hurts  ....  on the other hand, sadly, a top 10 pick isn't going to fix what's wrong with Jerruh's team .... I doubt if even Hurts would help them that much ..... Jerruh is basically a dumpster fire as a GM ....

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You won't need a top 10 pick if Jerruh traded for Hurts  ....  on the other hand, sadly, a top 10 pick isn't going to fix what's wrong with Jerruh's team .... I doubt if even Hurts would help them that much ..... Jerruh is basically a dumpster fire as a GM ....

One top 10 pick won’t save this team. The only thing that would help this team is what Bruce Jenner lost when he became a woman. You invest in offense and go cheap on defense. It’s going to come back in bite you in the butt. The Jones boys have no clue on how to build a team. You have a good coach in McCarthy. Let him build his team.

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

One top 10 pick won’t save this team. The only thing that would help this team is what Bruce Jenner lost when he became a woman. You invest in offense and go cheap on defense. It’s going to come back in bite you in the butt. The Jones boys have no clue on how to build a team. You have a good coach in McCarthy. Let him build his team.

Jerruh ain't gonna LET McCarty do anything other than coach on the field ....

You know what the difference is between Matt Millen and Jerruh Jones? Millen didn't own the Lions ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

I say we tank the rest of the year.  Put the entire team on the trading block from the top down.  Get whatever draft picks we can for next year, and filed scrubs the rest of the year.  I'm not watching another game the rest of the year.  

• Like 2

Cowboys went 1-15 Jimmy Johnsons first season. The talent level was as bad then as it is now. Difference is that those Cowboys might have been out manned...and they might have lost 15 times...but they would still fight you until the final gun. I just dont see the fight in this team. Who is to blame? Mccarthy? The players? Jerry?

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I say we tank the rest of the year.  Put the entire team on the trading block from the top down.  Get whatever draft picks we can for next year, and filed scrubs the rest of the year.  I'm not watching another game the rest of the year.  

I’ll join you on team tank.

3 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Cowboys went 1-15 Jimmy Johnsons first season. The talent level was as bad then as it is now. Difference is that those Cowboys might have been out manned...and they might have lost 15 times...but they would still fight you until the final gun. I just dont see the fight in this team. Who is to blame? Mccarthy? The players? Jerry?

Yall organization is soft. Starts up top. Just my opinion.

And it started long before this season. It looks like Red Clapper still coaching that team. But then again they did win a few games. 🤷🏾‍♂️

6 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

And it started long before this season. It looks like Red Clapper still coaching that team. But then again they did win a few games. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I agree. I also think Matt Rhule is going to be a terrific NFL coach and would have been a great choice to replace Red. Then again...idk if Rhule would want to deal with an owner that puts himself in charge of everything from jocks to socks.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

One of the best quotes I seen today was about that very “soft” thing. Too many “right kind of guys”, not enough guys with “questionable parentage.” There is no fight in this time. It’s 53 individuals and not one team. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, EnjoyLife said:

Our talent level is so much higher now than it was then.  You have a bad memory if you think otherwise.  Two rookies at quarterback, Paul Palmer in the backfield, Herschel was traded after 5 games he was our Zeke, Kelvin Martin was the leading receiver that year with 644 yards, a young Michael Irvin that only had 377 yards, Doug Cosbie was gone and we had Steve Folsom, Moose was a rookie full back, the offensive line wasn't established and still had Tom Rafferty anchoring it at Center, Crawford Ker, Tui, Nate, and Gogan filled the rest of it.  On defense an aging Too Tall and Manster, Willie Broughton, Jeffcoat, Jack Del Rio, The Hitting Machine, Norton Jr., an aging Everson, Vince Albritton, Ray Horton, and Robert Williams.    The secondary was the same talent wise today, but the NFL wasn't pass happy just yet.  

This team has the talent on paper, except for our front line, unless everyone was healthy.  We have a decent front line and linebackers, but they can't do their job if our secondary can't cover anyone.  

As I said I think we just need to start over from scratch and rebuild.  

I haven't seen any games. What is McCarthy's demeanor on the sidelines? Clapper Jr. or does he show any fire? 

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

6th round pick that could become a 5th rounder.

17 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I am thinking Dallas ends up in the 3rd to 6th pick. 

#TeamTank....bring it on. Dallas needs some of that elite defensive talent. A top cover cornerback. An edge rusher. An athletic fat daddy defensive tackle. A linebacker upgrade. Dallas could have their pick in that range.

Jerrah said aint no leadership problem in Dallas, they going on a winning streak starting on Sunday in primetime. 😂 

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Jerrah said aint no leadership problem in Dallas, they going on a winning streak starting on Sunday in primetime. 😂 

To be that old and senile. 😂

• Haha 1