Amy Coney Barrett Confirmation

ObiOne

11 minutes ago, LOL said:

Considering the many valid examples of true totalitarian oppression occurring right now in numerous countries around the world, I think it's absurd a comparison...  especially in the context of a woman being appointed to the highest court of the land.

Liberals: "Empower women!"

A woman gets nominated for SCOTUS...

Liberals: "Not that woman!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 2

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Considering the many valid examples of true totalitarian oppression occurring right now in numerous countries around the world, I think it's absurd a comparison...  especially in the context of a woman being appointed to the highest court of the land.

Exactly!

• Like 1

I think it's funny that they tried to get her on felons having their 2nd Amendment rights curtailed by states or for not allowing felons to vote.  We know the left wants them to vote, but why are they now pro-2nd Amendment for only felons ?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think it's funny that they tried to get her on felons having their 2nd Amendment rights curtailed by states or for not allowing felons to vote.  We know the left wants them to vote, but why are they now pro-2nd Amendment for only felons ?  

Just more hypocrisy.  She is pretty well undeniable.  So they are going against their own values to try and disparage her.  Laughable.

But to answer your original question, most felons are their constituents.  They are also trying to get felons the right to vote.  Wonder why?

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Blessed be the fruit

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

This entire thing is a grandstanding dog and pony show. The Democrats might as well be asking her "Why are you so heartless and evil?"

Everyone on that committee and in the Senate already knows how they're going to vote. This is nothing more than political theater.

13 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Blessed be the fruit

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Winston Smith, his chin nuzzled into his breast in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of Victory Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

11 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

It's telling that the most repetitive argument against the honorable Mrs Barrett on here are references to a fictional tv show. Once more,  all they got are made-up fairy tales.

Here's a question for our resident Democrats/Liberals, most of whom I presume are pro-choice:

What say should the man have? If you say "None", and the man decides he didn't want the baby but the woman decided to keep it, he still has to pay. Should he have to in that circumstance? Because we know what happens if the man wants her to keep the baby, and she decides she doesn't want it.

30 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Here's a question for our resident Democrats/Liberals, most of whom I presume are pro-life:

What say should the man have? If you say "None", and the man decides he didn't want the baby but the woman decided to keep it, he still has to pay. Should he have to in that circumstance? Because we know what happens if the man wants her to keep the baby, and she decides she doesn't want it.

??? 

37 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

??? 

“Being against evil doesn't make you good. Tonight I was against it and then I was evil myself. I could feel it coming just like a tide... I just want to destroy them. But when you start taking pleasure in it you are awfully close to the thing you're fighting.”  Ernest Hemingway.  This is what I think they are fighting for and against, and thus they don't realize it.  

15 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

Blessed be the fruit

Do you have a real argument against ACB or do you just like calling a (about to be) Supreme Court Justice a handmaid?  In the next month she will be one of the most powerful women in the world.  That is pretty far from a weak woman.

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Do you have a real argument against ACB or do you just like calling a (about to be) Supreme Court Justice a handmaid?  In the next month she will be one of the most powerful women in the world.  That is pretty far from a weak woman.

Actually, I'm not calling her a handmaid.  She would be one of the women who forces the handmaids to be meek.  I think her conservative views are terrible and the nomination is a sham that was stolen.

58 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

The "ignore" feature works really well...if you catch what I'm saying. 😉

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Actually, I'm not calling her a handmaid.  She would be one of the women who forces the handmaids to be meek.  I think her conservative views are terrible and the nomination is a sham that was stolen.

Interesting ideas that I don't agree with.  Please explain further.