Newton vs Warren

Purpleforever

Newton vs Warren  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

DF, PP, Waskom, and EF are all better than Newton this year. 

I wouldn’t say PP is better this year. You can make an argument for the other 3 but newton will give them a game and have a chance to win that’s for sure. I said could make it out of the region, not will. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, TDJ89 said:

This is got to be the weakest district in our region

Yeah, probably is, but last year Newton was giving up a bunch of points to their opponents. Newton is young and they were inexperienced and lacked practice those first two games, not saying things would go differently now other than they probably would be a little better games. Y’all just keep thinking they’re bad, but time will tell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Yeah, probably is, but last year Newton was giving up a bunch of points to their opponents. Newton is young and they were inexperienced and lacked practice those first two games, not saying things would go differently now other than they probably would be a little better games. Y’all just keep thinking they’re bad, but time will tell.

I never said Newton was bad, just the district is bad other than Newton, but I do believe this yrs Newton team is not as good as last yrs team....My teams to pick to win our region are either Daingerfield, EF, Newton, PP, Waskom or West Rusk, if I'm leaving a team or two out, tell me them.

Definitely the weakest district, per usual.  On paper this team is not as "good" as last years team in the early weeks.  This team is quietly hitting a stride and doing things last years teams didn't.  They play together.  They are a scrappy bunch.  They like being an underdog.  They have gotten better every week and are consistent.  They are going to sneak up on some folks.  I cant wait

8 minutes ago, nopantzlance said:

Definitely the weakest district, per usual.  On paper this team is not as "good" as last years team in the early weeks.  This team is quietly hitting a stride and doing things last years teams didn't.  They play together.  They are a scrappy bunch.  They like being an underdog.  They have gotten better every week and are consistent.  They are going to sneak up on some folks.  I cant wait

When was Newton ever the underdog lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

I never said Newton was bad, just the district is bad other than Newton, but I do believe this yrs Newton team is not as good as last yrs team....My teams to pick to win our region are either Daingerfield, EF, Newton, PP, Waskom or West Rusk, if I'm leaving a team or two out, tell me them.

I think this team is better because last year they were giving up to many points. Defense wins championships.

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Good point.  The rankings have them down a good bit after those first 2 games.  "underranked" might be a better term