Mt Vernon (6-0) @ Bonham (2-5)

Blazin97

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Bonham did keep it close with Winnsboro for a half, so they may make it a game. After watching a little film their QB is decent and #4 and #7 for them are quality receivers 

Beware of the onside kicks. They will do them often and the kicker is a good one. They were just super scrappy and we were sluggish for a bit. No way their defense slows yall down though.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Beware of the onside kicks. They will do them often and the kicker is a good one. They were just super scrappy and we were sluggish for a bit. No way their defense slows yall down though.

Yeah I think we should handle them no problem. Just trying to think of ways it could possibly be a game. If we start slow (which we have a lot) and let them recover onside kicks and they hit us a couple times on pass plays then it could be a game for a half. 
our pass d has struggled a little bit 

37 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Yeah I think we should handle them no problem. Just trying to think of ways it could possibly be a game. If we start slow (which we have a lot) and let them recover onside kicks and they hit us a couple times on pass plays then it could be a game for a half. 
our pass d has struggled a little bit 

Make it a game....have the same 11 play both ways and only sub for injuries. The Jackets would be up for it. 

I watched MV last week against a quality Mineola team. Both teams played hard. MV reminds me of Gunter...they don't look like "Giant Killers", but they play that way. Their pace of play is extreme, and they are hardnosed. I thought Mineola was breaking a couple of times; however, they picked themselves up and went right back to work. MV and Mineola are not the most talented teams around, but they are well coached, and the kids are tough.