1jacket

Elysian Fields @ Leesville   

27 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ Leesville

• Jackets
    • Wampus Cats

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Now that a unique mascot. Might be a dumb question but aren’t most schools in District by now. I assume Covid maybe?

Yes, we are in district also. New Diana and Ore City had to cancel. EF was scheduled to play New Diana this week and Ore City next week. 

11 minutes ago, StangLife said:

Did new Diana cancel? I know ore city shut down but didn't know about nd.

Yes, New Diana had to cancel also. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

What kind of rules difference?

Texas/UIL use NCAA. Louisiana uses Federation. Won’t cause a penalty but the biggest IMO is they can have video on their sidelines. Similar to what NFL does but smaller scale. 

Been a while since I looked up difference and I’m probably wrong but I believe zero blocking below the waste is another. 

28 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Texas/UIL use NCAA. Louisiana uses Federation. Won’t cause a penalty but the biggest IMO is they can have video on their sidelines. Similar to what NFL does but smaller scale. 

Been a while since I looked up difference and I’m probably wrong but I believe zero blocking below the waste is another. 

The blocking below the waist may cause some penalties from EF, may take a couple quarters to get use to

58 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I think you can block below the waist if its at the line of scrimmage. You just can't block below the waist beyond the line of scrimmage. That rule won't affect EF much because they don't really do that beyond the line of scrimmage. 

• Like 1

they are 21-6 last 2 seasons and was in the 4A state Semi Final 2 seasons ago and went 2 rounds deep last year.  They have started 1-1 this season and only playing 2 games could be a problem for them but I think they will be Good.  Let’s Go Jackets ! 

23 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

I think the crack back block is legal in LA, if I’m not mistaken. Keep your head on a swivel and have situational awareness or it’s 😵🥴 time!

We get at least one flag a week for those blocks ! It be nice not to get flagged for it 🤣 part of the game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

We get at least one flag a week for those blocks ! It be nice not to get flagged for it 🤣 part of the game. 

We do...that flag p!$$es me off every week too cause that block was perfectly legal up until recently. Getting your bell rung is part of football and millions of kids played with that block being legal. I think it’s just another part of the slowly but surely erosion of the sport and pu$$!f!cation of men in this country. Getting smoked like that builds character!😉

• Like 3

Another little difference is on kickoff team you can have a odd number of players on either side of the kicker. 
lots of little rules like that.  Most you wont even recognize. 

hopefully EF will livestream the game.  I know Louisiana teams aren’t doing it. So hopefully they will allow EF to do it. 

46 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

they are 21-6 last 2 seasons and was in the 4A state Semi Final 2 seasons ago and went 2 rounds deep last year.  They have started 1-1 this season and only playing 2 games could be a problem for them but I think they will be Good.  Let’s Go Jackets ! 

They’re no slouch. Their loss this season was to Monroe Neville (29-7) which is a pretty salty team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

You and your brother usually get really angry stir stuff up

I never get angry friend people get mad at me sometimes for speaking truth and I like to antagonize Waskom folks but other than that I try to be reasonably peaceful with most fan bases.